Milani Eyeshadow Primer
  • The first time I purchased the Milani Eyeshadow Primer, my expectations weren't all that high
  • However, much to my surprise and delight,the Milani Eyeshadow Primer wasn't like other 'comparable' drugstore products
  • I don't want to describe my eye-area as sensitive, because I know there are people with far worse sensitivity than myself, but I will say, my eye area is quick to react if I use the wrong product
  • I find it to be very gentle and haven't noticed any sort of scent
  • It is simply designed to prime the eyes for shadow and to increase the longevity and intensity - it is not designed to conceal or correct any redness or veins

• by MJ

The first time I purchased the Milani Eyeshadow Primer, my expectations weren’t all that high. I braced for the disappointment I had experienced in the past when trying drugstore eyeshadow primers. However, much to my surprise and delight,the Milani Eyeshadow Primer wasn’t like other ‘comparable’ drugstore products. This primer completely changed my makeup routine, my views on eyeshadow primer and my thoughts on Milani Cosmetics in general.

The product description on the Milani Cosmetics’ website describes this as a

“lightweight, nonsticky, color intensifier and crease minimizer”. It claims that the primer performs for over eight hours and is able to turn “every eyeshadow - regardless of formula - into longwear.” In my experience, these claims are met. In fact, I was so pleased in this primer’s ability that I used it, rather than a high-end product, on my wedding day.

I don’t want to describe my eye-area as sensitive, because I know there are people with far worse sensitivity than myself, but I will say, my eye area is quick to react if I use the wrong product. I have never had any type of reaction when using this product. I find it to be very gentle and haven’t noticed any sort of scent.

Personally, I think this primer works just as well as Makeup Forever Eye Prime and I prefer it over Stay Don’t Stray by Benefit. And while the quality may be better than ...

• Milani Eyeshadow Primer
      your average drugstore eyeshadow primer, it has no impact on the cost. I originally purchased this for about $9CDN and have since purchased it on sale for as little as $6CDN.

Once open, this product has a recommended shelf life of twelve months. If you’re using it on a regular basis, it’s not going to last nearly that long. For hygienic reasons, I love that the Milani Eyeshadow Primer is packaged in a squeeze tube, rather than having a

wand applicator.

To use, blend the product on the entire eyelid, wait thirty seconds and then apply your eyeshadow. When you first apply, the product has a shiny, creamy nude color, but once dry, it is invisible and matte. And I cannot stress that enough - this primer is invisible once dry. It is simply designed to prime the eyes for shadow and to increase the longevity and intensity - it is not designed to conceal or correct any redness or veins.

Thabiso Mbusi says :

I don’t know, I think maybe I wasn’t applying it right but when I used it it didn’t dry out the way the right primer should. My eyeshadow felt sticky when I applied it. I didn’t like it at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121021658730728/k2311a0221/2.21.17