Lana del Rey - Love (2017 Song)  » Music  »
  • Still, however, Born To Die remains solid in its top placement as the magnum opus of modern faux-alternative
  • So when she released two albums Ultraviolence and Honeymoon I was a bit disappointed
  • Really, this song filters her voice in a way that it truly becomes vintage music , I can almost hear the grain and vintage effect that elevates her voice and make it even more angelic
  • And while the lyrics are simple, not as deep and heavy as her previous songs, they maintain a sense of flowing well with the production
  • I don't think this is a masterpiece but this is perfect for me

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

No one does “vintage music” better than Lana Del Rey. The first time I listened to her debut album Born To Die a couple of years ago I was left awestruck, unable to make anything good the following hour because my mind was filled with, “How the hell did she make music like this?” During that time she was so unique, she was on her own lane, her own beast of alternative music that brought so much depth and color in the world filled with garbage music. And then several artist tried to follow the faux-alternative route Lana paved, and since then we have Lorde, Halsey, and even Troye Sivan in a small extent and a bunch of other young alternative

artists. Still, however, Born To Die remains solid in its top placement as the magnum opus of modern faux-alternative.

So when she released two albums “Ultraviolence” and “Honeymoon” I was a bit disappointed. None of them had the massive appeal of her first album; they were good but the level of disconnect from her first era was so massive that it becomes painful thinking when we could get another Born To Die-level of song from her.

And then just now, she finally released a song called “Love” which leaked a couple of days ago - a song that is built in the easy-going structure of her Born To Die songs; managing to build from the blueprint I’ve come to absolutely love a few years back. Now my friends, Lana Del Rey is really back in full force, ready to make the world embrace her music again. If you love Summertime Sadness and Young & Beautiful (arguably her two biggest songs) then I’m sure you can get into this song as well, they’re complementary songs.

It’s so hard not to talk about Lana’s voice, so I have to single it out. I have never heard a modern voice more beautiful than her - and that’s not even an exaggeration. Really, this song filters her voice in a way that it truly becomes “vintage music”, I can almost hear the “grain” and “vintage effect” that elevates her voice and make it even more angelic. Every time she ...

• Lana del Rey - Love (2017 Song)
      sings “Young and in love” in the chorus I can feel heaven opening up to me. I’ve been getting goosebumps nonstop because I have been playing this nonstop.

The production sounds really good and trippy as well. I just want to close my eyes and feel the drums throbbing dramatically in my ears. It’s not the anthemic kind of drums but it sounds heavy and large and epic and I can’t help but feel the music really “hit” me. It’s not overly produced as well, maintaining the balance between the instrumental and Lana’s voice.

And while the lyrics are simple, not as deep and heavy as her previous songs, they maintain a sense of flowing well with the production. The way Lana

sings the words brings it to another level, it gives you an urgent sense to “love” the song the moment she starts singing.

I don’t think this is a masterpiece but this is perfect for me. Not a single false note, or a criticism that I could point out. It’s a definition of a “beautiful” song. And while she may not reach the heights she climbed with Summertime Sadness with this song (not usually something you can hear from the radio unless a remix is sent), I’m just glad that she brought back the Born To Die magic I’ve longed to miss from her. Honestly, for me, and for the general public who loved her because of that album, that’s the only thing that matters.

Foff says :

it’s just lousy when her voice is filtered to sound like vintage music… It just contradictes her having a good voice

Overall feel of the song is not explored.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1421021658720728/k2311a0221/2.21.17