Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)  » Games  »
  • It is available on a few gaming consoles but I am focusing on the DS version, as I feel it is the best platform for this game due to its unique touch screen function
  • However, this sequel is harder than the first
  • I find myself saving a lot more so that I can go back to the previous point and correct myself if I ever pick the wrong option
  • It is a game you need to try it to experience the satisfaction of the Objection and Hold It by yourself

by CPY

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (Gyakuten Saiban 2) is a text based, point-and-click adventure video game developed and published by Capcom. It’s the sequel to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It is available on a few gaming consoles but I am focusing on the DS version, as I feel it is the best platform for this game due to its unique touch screen function.
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • I have never like text based games, as I don’t enjoy reading chunks and chunks of texts. But the Ace Attorney series proved to me that reading can actually be very fun and addictive!

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • As with all the Ace Attorney series, this game is filled with great graphics, backgrounds, interesting and unique characters, great gameplay, superb sounds and great plot with unexpected twists. There is nothing impossible in the world of Ace Attorney so the story can sometimes get a little exaggerating but not to the point that it becomes far-fetched or illogical.

However, this sequel is harder than the first. I find myself saving a lot more so that I can go back to the previous point and correct myself if I ever pick the wrong option. There is also a new addition to this sequel - the Psyche Locks.

In the game, you play as Phoenix Wright, an attorney at law. You’ll be representing your client in court, listening to testimonies, cross examining witnesses, pressing for more information and finding contradictions and hoping for the “Not Guilty” verdict.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • I really love the characters in the game; they are unique and so well-designed that you can tell something about them at one glance. The animations of the characters are also something to look forward to as they’re amazing!

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • One of my favourite character in the game is actually Franziska von Karma, a prodigy prosecutor who is a perfectionist who is back for revenge.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • She is always armed with her whip and doesn’t hesitate to use it in the court. Nobody is spared, not even the judge. Like I said, nothing is impossible in the world of Ace Attorney.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • The sound of the game is also one of its strength because it is so great. It helps to create the mood and enhance the playing experience. The music changes according to the situation and story which helps to create the mood and atmosphere. There are even some locations that have their own unique background music.

There are much more investigations in this game, so you will actually be moving around a lot more collecting evidences, talking to people and getting information.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • However, I really dislike this phase of the game as I find it boring and annoying. The investigation phase is very rigid, you’re compiled to follow the planned order the game is scripted. Not only that, you’ll often find yourself going in circles without any clue as to what to do next. There are little clue and hints as to where and what to do next and sometimes the evidence can be so small you can’t spot it.

I really prefer the gameplay in the court whereby you do more of finding contradictions and presenting evidences with endless shouting of “Objection” and “Hold It”, something which is an icon of the game.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • While investigations help provide important evidences and testimonies, I believe the court trials should be the focus of the game and not the investigations which actually make up more almost half of the game.

Fortunately the new addition, the Psyche Locks helped make the investigation phase a little more bearable. The Psyche Lock gameplay is very much like the cross examinations whereby you try to break a person who is hiding something with evidences, something which I enjoy.

• Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (DS Game)
  • There must be reasons why the Ace Attorney series are ported to some many different platforms.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney proves to be more than just an interactive novel but also an addictive game and this sequel, Justice for All is just as good. It is as addictive and fun to play and had kept me entertained for days.

It is a game you need to try it to experience the satisfaction of the “Objection” and “Hold It” by yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2821021658700728/k2311a0221/2.21.17