Samsung RT32K5552SL Digital Inverter with Twin Cooling Plus 2-Door Fridge  » Housewares  »
  • I wish we have not restricted ourselves to the “designated space” for fridge and get a bigger fridge instead

by CPY

When our fridge starts throwing tantrums about June last year, we have no choice but to buy a new one as soon as possible.

We shopped around for a while and finally decided on the Samsung RT32K5552SL fridge. It’s not really our first choice but it’s the one that fit both the size restrictions of our kitchen and our budget the most.

• Samsung RT32K5552SL Digital Inverter with Twin Cooling Plus 2-Door Fridge
  • However we quickly grew to regret it. It’s not that the fridge is lousy, in fact it’s better than our previous one both in terms of energy saving (due to its digital inverter) and coolness of the fridge (our old fridge always don’t feel cool enough). It’s a little noisy but nothing too bothering since my kitchen is far away from our bedrooms and living room.

• Samsung RT32K5552SL Digital Inverter with Twin Cooling Plus 2-Door Fridge
  • It’s the internal space of the fridge that we dislike. I guess we’re being spoiled by our old spacious fridge so we usually buy about a week worth of groceries and the RT32K5552SL fridge proves too small to handle the load. Though the fridge is pretty deep and has quite some compartments, they’re small and sometimes prove to be a restriction rather than being helpful. Especially the fruits and vegetables compartment!

The workmanship is pretty bad. Some of the dividers and compartments are not nicely aligned and don’t feels stable. The fruits and vegetables compartment is hard to pull out and always gets stuck.

• Samsung RT32K5552SL Digital Inverter with Twin Cooling Plus 2-Door Fridge
  • We had a hard time getting all our herbs, sauces and beverages inside. So we took down a divider to create more space. If we have leftovers, we practically have to play “Unblock Me” to get it in and out.

• Samsung RT32K5552SL Digital Inverter with Twin Cooling Plus 2-Door Fridge
  • We’re also always running out of space in the freezer. And what you see here is just three quarter the amount we had in our old fridge. So basically no ice cream for us now.

The “twister” for the ice tray always get stuck too.

• Samsung RT32K5552SL Digital Inverter with Twin Cooling Plus 2-Door Fridge
  • Call me old fashion but I really prefer the older fridges that are designed more for practical usage rather than just looking beautiful. Yes, they may have more compartments but they also limit the space in the fridge. We’ve just hosted a small family gathering last weekend and it’s a pain to squeeze the food preparations and drinks in.

I don’t know if there is anyone else that needs as much storage space as us but this fridge is just too small for us. I wish we have not restricted ourselves to the “designated space” for fridge and get a bigger fridge instead. Now, I guess we should just cut down on the volume we buy and try and get use to the small storage space.

Nyla Rayford says :

re : I wish we have not restricted ourselves to the “designated space” for fridge and get a bigger fridge instead
I think it is a great idea despite from room it can hold alot. Good job.

cpy replies :

quick note by anonymous :

good review. content is good.

Tayor says :

Thats the one thing I hate about these upright standing combo s it leaves little room in the freezer im always having to throw stuff out just to add more in there

Galega says :

If you will do little bit of market research, you may learn that the size of freezer is almost proportionally same in all refrigerators available in the market. It can’t occupy the entire space. There must be a balance. I don’t fine anything missing with this refrigerator. I think it’s all about managing and keeping only those stuffs in freezer which you really need to put.

Murat says :

I,m a kasakh young man and we eat a lot of meat. That’s why the fridge is very important. First of all, when I m looking for a new refrigerator it’s a fridge and in this model found it.i think we don’t need a fridge area, we need a big fridge for a big piece of meat

Galega says :

I think you are talking about freezer. You don’t want it as it is consuming internal space. There are some refrigerators in the market without freezer, which you can opt for your kind of requirements. For home based fridge, this freezer is quite useful. Please understand the difference from where you will get the importance. A refrigerator keep items cool but above the freezing point of water, by a few degrees, where a freezer keeps items well below the freezing point of water.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5316021658610628/k2311a0216/2.16.17