Remax RC-008i Fast Series Data Cable (iPhone Accessories)
  • In the end, I decide that I should just buy more replacement cables instead of trying to find a lasting one
  • When I got it in my hands, I don't quite believe it'll have a long lifespan, at least not with me
  • Well, the build is not that bad, it doesn't feel that flimsy and the design and colour is ok
  • However, the first one broke down very soon, after about just 2 and a half months of use
  • It just didn't work for me due to my bad habits, but if it's on a Buy 1 get 1 free deal again, I'll still get it

• by CPY

As a heavy gamer, I am always armed with my portable charger for my iPhone when I leave home. And of course, I would need a lightning cable to go with it.

I’m a clumsy and rough user, I walk my dog and swing a rat to death with the cables. Just kidding. It’s just that my cables always get tangled up in my tornado-ridden bag and I will have to pull it out or I left my cable on the sofa and someone sat on it. Sometimes, I forget about my charger and it’s left hanging by the cable when I just grab my phone and go. (Come to think about it, my charger is a survivor)

It’s obvious that my

cables usually don’t last very long (my longest being about… 1 year?) So I’m always constantly at the hunt for better cable, but I never find one. In the end, I decide that I should just buy more replacement cables instead of trying to find a lasting one.

So when I came across a “Buy 1 get 1 free” deal on a local online store, I just went in and buy. I choose the Remax Fast Series Data Cable, a cable designed for iPhone 6/Plus/iPhone 5/5s/5c/iPad Air and mini. I chose this cable for 2 reasons – it’s cheap (about US$3.50 for 2 cables) and it states there “Strong and flexible wire, long lifespan”. But being an expert at destroying cables,

I’m not expecting too much.

When I got it in my hands, I don’t quite believe it’ll have a long lifespan, at least not with me. Well, the build is not that bad, it doesn’t feel that flimsy and the design and colour is ok. The cable has a flat body and it doesn’t tangles as much in my bag. It works well both as a data cable and charging cable.

However, the first one broke down very soon, after about just 2 and a half months of use. And I swear it didn’t go through as much hardship as my previous cables(at least it didn’t get sat on). So I came to the conclusion that this cable is not that ...

• Remax RC-008i Fast Series Data Cable (iPhone Accessories)
      durable. It died a little earlier than I expected but I’ve no complain, it’s pretty good for that cheap price and at least it live up to its name as a “fast data cable”.

I’m using the 2nd one now for about a month and a half now, it’s still going and I hope it will survive a little longer, as I’m still waiting for the next batch of replacement to arrive.

Before I end this review, I think I can throw in a quick tip or two about how to take care of your cable.

1 - Get a pouch or small box for your cable and use it.

2 - I think this is really important, try not to

leave your cable in a 90 degree angle for long period of time. I’ve once left my phone upright, with the phone pressing against the cable at a 90 degree angle(so the cable is supporting the whole weight of the phone) while watching a movie. It died soon after.

3 - When pulling the cable out from your phone (or the charger), hold it at the head and not the cable body, sometimes the cable can break off.

I think the Remax RC-008i Fast Series Data Cable will work fairly well and last pretty long for any average users out there. It just didn’t work for me due to my bad habits, but if it’s on a “Buy 1 get 1 free” deal again, I’ll still get it.

Jayz says :

Happy to know someone also as bad at handling wires as me.

Maybe i should same as you get many spare wires.

What is the website you buy it?

cpy replies :

I got it from a local shopping site Qoo10.com

however, I don’t recommend you to get it from there if you’re not in Singapore as the shipping fees will be high.

Jayz says :

Thx, i guess i’ll try it out, i am in Singapore and will stay a month of so.

cpy replies :

Local mail are delivered next day or the day after. I think you can get it delivered to your hotel or something.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 373021658300328/k2311a023/2.3.17