Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah Pedal
  • The style of music that I play is basically metal, but I like to venture in some hard rock and blues stuff sometimes
  • The pedal have a lot of options for a wah pedal in my opinion
  • I prefer the wah pedals to be simple like the Morley Bad Horsie 1 for example
  • You can also try to push the aforementioned switch during playing a gig but I would not recommend to do that because is not user friendly in that way
  • Regarding the Dunlop brand, I think that they are a really good company and all of their products are good, and reading different reviews ,I got the feeling that they know what they are doing

by guitarhero83

The style of music that I play is basically metal, but I like to venture in some hard rock and blues stuff sometimes. The Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah pedal suits all of those genres and does it pretty well. In fact, I must say that this pedal is the industry standard regardin the wah sound. A lot of times when you hear the wah pedal in all kind of songs, high probability is that what you hear is a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah pedal. This is certainly true because it s really the definition of wah pedal. I have been playing guitar for 20 years now and have tried a lot of effects and different types of wah pedals and I must say that the Cry baby is an awesome pedal regarding built, looks, performances and sound. I tried this pedal with a lot of amplifiers and guitars and it always sounded awesome and real. Basically, this is how a wah effect should sound like.
  • Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah Pedal
  • I first thought of buying the Cry Baby 535Q wah pedal because one of my guitar hero used it (Joe Satriani) before he switched to his signature Vox wah pedal, and he used specifically the Cry Baby 535Q model. Well…if he is ok using this pedal I think that this fact mean something regarding the quality of the product itself.

• Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah Pedal
  • The pedal have a lot of options for a wah pedal in my opinion. I prefer the wah pedals to be simple like the Morley Bad Horsie 1 for example. I mainly use the Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q wah for studio recording because of its sound and options to model it a bit. It has also a boost switch which can come handy if you have a solo with the wah and need it to stand out a little bit without use any kind of boosters. You can also try to push the aforementioned switch during playing a gig but I would not recommend to do that because is not user friendly in that way. You would have to have the stage really lit up and not much headbanging around to pull that through.

• Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah Pedal
  • The Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q wah pedal comes with the option to power it with a 9V battery or using an adapter, which I always recommend, because you do not have to worry that you will dry the batteries during a performance. The thing that is also awesome is that the Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q have a true bypass so the original sound of your amplifier is not affected in any way. The only thing that is not of high quality ,in my opinion, is the battery lid which is made of plastic and broke pretty quickly. But, as I mentioned before, I use an adapter to power the pedal so this is not a big deal really. Just put some duct tape and it will not be a problem, even without the plastic lid mentioned before. But they could have done it better because all the other parts are built solidly like a rock, so I do not see any reason why the aforementioned lid is such a bad quality one.

• Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah Pedal
  • The ease of use for this pedal in general is very simple. You plug it and play, basically. This kind of pedals are really simple to use. And for those who might not know this ,but the majority of guitarist does know, it is best to put the aforementioned pedal in fornt of all your other effect pedals and distortions, which means in front of the chain of effects. This is an, lets say, unwritten rule but the important thing is the sound. If you are looking for the sound that you get out when the wah pedal is at the end of your chain , go for it. The beauty of the music is that anything goes and there is no wrong way to do something if it sounds good to you.

• Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah Pedal
  • Regarding Reliability and Durability, this pedal is built solid like a rock. You can stomp on it and even stand on it with all your body weight and it will not be damaged in any way. It is really build to last in time and to not have to worry that the pedal will broke if you drop it or something. Also, all the knobs and pots are put on the lower side of it so you do not have to worry that you will accidentally push any of them when you are on stage. The only thing that in my opinion the Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q wah pedal lacks is a stage led light to let you know if the pedal is active or not. Basically, you have to hear it to be sure if it is on or off and that, in my opinion, is not a very good thing especially in the beginning, when you have to get a feeling for the pedal. I think it would be a great improvement to put a small led stage light. That is one of the reasons that I will not rate this pedal with a 10 regarding the quality of the sound that the aforementioned pedal has.

I would definitely recommend the Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q wah pedal to any professional musician. I think that this pedal is the industry standard regarding the tone and for use in the studio is really no match. The awesome thing with the Cry Baby 535Q model is that it has more options that the simple original Cry Baby wah, so you can tweak it to fit your specific needs. And that, for studio use, is a big plus in my opinion.

Regarding the Dunlop brand, I think that they are a really good company and all of their products are good, and reading different reviews ,I got the feeling that they know what they are doing. So definitely highly recommended product indeed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162021658230528/k2311a022/2.2.17