Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 Electric Guitar
  • Mostly, I am in the heavy stuff like all kinds of metal, hard rock etc. When I decided to buy this guitar I was well aware that this guitar, the Fender Stratocaster Highway one, will not be very suitable for this kind of music but I got it anyway because I always had feelings for the Stratocaster
  • I mean it looks like the old 70` models with the large headstock, and it has a nitro finish that with time wears off and that gives the guitar that 'old timer' look
  • It is not too pricey and it has everything that you can wish for in that kind of a guitar in a reasonable price range and it is a strat that is made in the USA
  • So to sum it up, I think that the Fender Highway One Stratocaster is a quality USA guitar with the important stuff included and at a reasonable price
  • They are an industry standard and their products are well known, so in my opinion, you can`t go wrong when you buy their stuff

by guitarhero83

I have been playing for a long time. Mostly, I am in the heavy stuff like all kinds of metal, hard rock etc. When I decided to buy this guitar I was well aware that this guitar, the Fender Stratocaster Highway one, will not be very suitable for this kind of music but I got it anyway because I always had feelings for the Stratocaster. Back in the day when I saw the cover of the first Malmsteen album I instantly fell in love with the Stratocaster.
  • Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 Electric Guitar
  • Fender with the Highway One model gave me every reason to go and buy it. First the looks. I mean it looks like the old 70` models with the large headstock, and it has a nitro finish that with time wears off and that gives the guitar that ‘old timer’ look. It is not too pricey and it has everything that you can wish for in that kind of a guitar in a reasonable price range and it is a strat that is made in the USA. So to sum it up, I think that the Fender Highway One Stratocaster is a quality USA guitar with the important stuff included and at a reasonable price.

This guitar is built to play blues and rock in my opinion. I have tried a lot of othe guitars like Jackson and Ibanez and I must say that the classic rock and blues sound is a territory where the Fender Stratocaster is the absolute ruler. I plugged the Highway One in different kind of amplifiers and it always sounded good, and it always had a genuine strat sound.

• Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 Electric Guitar
  • The best that this guitar sounded, in my opinion, was when I tried it in the Fender Blues Deluxe amp. It had an awesome sound. Reading other reviews, some people say that the alnico stock pickups are not that good. I am no expert in the singlecoil pickups area so I can not really tell if they are worse or better than some other kind of singlecoil pickups. But I think that they sound pretty amazing. Because they are alnico the have that extra power and they work pretty well when the distortion is set a little bit higher. I thought to buy some other pickups and replace the original ones, but I do not play this guitar live. This guitar is for home blues ‘noodle-ing’ only, so I will not spend any more money on this guitar because I think is an awesome guitar for what I need it for.

• Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 Electric Guitar
  • Regarding features, the Fender Stratocaster Highway One that I own is from 2006 and this means that it has jumbo frets that I think previous models did not have. It has a rosewood fretboard. The color of the body is Olympic white, the piskups are S/S/S alnico and it has a nitro finish. It has a C shape neck which I like very much. The only thing that bothers me a little is the bridge. I am used to tremolos like the Floyd rose and maybe the start tremolo bridge is something that I am not used to, but it does not feel comfortable, at least for me. The tuners are ok and the guitar stays in tune pretty much always except when it has not been played a long time, but that is a normal thing.

• Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 Electric Guitar
  • The Highway One seems to be a reliable and durable instrument. Like I said before, I am not giggin` with this guitar. I play it only at home but I had a lot of experience and I can see if the instrument is build to last and if it is adequate to endure on the road. The finis is nitro so that is bound to wear off the more Yu use this guitar. For me this is an awesome thing and it makes look the guitar more beautiful than it already is. Remember SRV? That is what I mean. Overall impression is that the Fender Stratocaster Highway One is built to last and to endure the life on the road pretty well. One thing to mention is that this guitar does not come with a case. This is why the price is lower to begin with I think. So it implies that you got to have a good guitar case. This applies to all kind of guitars of course if you want to keep them safe and sound.

• Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 Electric Guitar
  • I will give this guitar a 9 because of the tremolo bridge that I do not like so much but overall this is a pretty awesome guitar for the money. If you are going to set it up properly you may want to change the pickups and invest in a better tremolo bridge and a guitar case. The good thing about that is that you can choose all those things specifically by your taste and the important thing is that the guitar itself is a quality one with good wood material and overall build quality. I recommend this guitar to anyone who do not want to spend a ton of money for a original Fender Stratocaster built in the USA, but still get one and then mold it the way you want adding more quality gear on it depending on your needs.

Regarding Fender and their products, I think that there is not much to say. They are an industry standard and their products are well known, so in my opinion, you can`t go wrong when you buy their stuff. Especially the Stratocaster guitars. The strats are legendary and passed the test of time with flying colors. All in all, highly recommended.

adam says :

re : I mean it looks like the old 70` models with the large headstock, and it has a nitro finish that with time wears off and that gives the guitar that ‘old timer’ look
I think the Fender guitars have keuinikan that not all the other guitar brands have. Conditions guitar in a good state and will not be consumed by age. I think the guitar maintenance and correct usage will make the guitar so well preserved and can be used continuously

guitarhero83 says :

I will check that info out and hope it is true so that my strat will be like new a long time :)

Sydney says :

I was a beginner when I got this guitar. It was within a very reasonable price and it definitely wasn’t disappointing. Howvever, I’m not a pro guitarist. I wouldn’t be able to rate this based on sound quality and all, but for a beginner I would recommend this guitar highly.

guitarhero83 replies :

Thanx for the comment :) It is an awesome guitar especially for beginners.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161021658220328/k2311a021/2.1.17