Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
16 Patak Road Soi 24, Karon Beach, Phuket, 83100, Thailand, ph.+66 76 398 350
  • When we were booking hotels, I found the Pacific Club Resort on Expedia and since we had just booked our flights, we qualified for 55% off
  • As soon as I saw the picture of the infinity pool, I wanted to stay there
  • And, perhaps more importantly, we paid at the hotel - there was no haggling with a driver over a few dollars or worrying that our driver might decide to change the price half way through the drive
  • Despite the positive feedback I've seen about this hotel on booking websites, I think even the most positive feedback about it is still underrated

by MJ

In November 2016, my husband and I started our six week Southeast Asia vacation at the Pacific Club Resort in Phuket, Thailand.

When we were booking hotels, I found the Pacific Club Resort on Expedia and since we had just booked our flights, we qualified for 55% off.

As soon as I saw the picture of the infinity pool, I wanted to stay there. It looked like paradise. Of course, my husband tried to manage my expectations. Turns out, he didn’t need to. This hotel is a little piece of paradise.

• Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
  • Since it was now after 2am, traffic was a non-issue, but the drive from the airport to the hotel still took about an hour. Our driver was friendly but also seemed to understand that after traveling for more than twenty six hours, we weren’t feeling very chatty.

950THB (approximately $36CDN) for one-way transportation from the airport to the hotel may seem a little steep at first, but I really do think it was a fair rate. In addition to the distance, this was private transportation - we weren’t crammed in a van stopping at every hotel along the route to drop other travelers off. And, perhaps more importantly, we paid at the hotel - there was no haggling with a driver over a few dollars or worrying that our driver might decide to change the price half way through the drive.

• Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
  • In addition to airport transportation services, the hotel also offers free one-way transportation to the beach. Be sure to book this in advance - depending on how busy the hotel is during your visit, I would recommend either the night before or early the morning of.

Free one-way transportation can often frustrate people and if you’re not familiar with the area, free one-way transportation from a hotel that often seems to be ‘out of the way’ may have you wondering how you’re going to find your way back. Thankfully, the Pacific Club Resort is in a great location for beach-goers given the number of tuk-tuk drivers who will be trying to wave you down and because it’s within walking distance.

• Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
  • Of course, the close proximity to the beach is only useful if you’re able to pull yourself away from the hotel’s beautiful infinity pool. For me, this pool was the highlight and I can’t even guess what percentage of my stay at the Pacific Club Resort was spent here.

While the hotel does have a spa, if you’re looking for a bit of a massage, stand under the infinity pool’s man-made waterfall. The water pressure is absolutely perfect for combating those post-flight muscle pains.

• Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
  • If you’re staying at the Pacific Club Resort, I recommend catching the sunset from the pool area at least once. The views from this area never disappointed me.

• Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
  • We booked the ‘Deluxe Room’ and although it was fairly standard, my husband and I did not have a single complaint.

The room was by no means ‘huge’ but it was certainly spacious. The bed was quite comfortable – mind you, with the jet lag I was experiencing at the time, I could have slept soundly on just about anything. The bedding was clean, as was the rest of the room, the bathroom, the towels, etc… And I loved having the kitchenette – my eyes were frequently larger than my stomach and I found myself re-heating room service leftovers at 11pm more than once.

I can be quite fussy when it comes to hotel showers and again, I don’t have any complaints. The temperature was easy to control (unlike some in Southeast Asia where it’s either hot or cold) and the water pressure was perfect.

• Pacific Club Resort - Phuket, Thailand
  • I normally don’t frequent a hotel restaurant or order room service repeatedly, but during my stay at Pacific Club Resort, I made an exception to this rule.

The food here was absolutely delicious.

Rather than dining in the restaurant or sitting out in the garden, we enjoyed starting the day with breakfast on our balcony. The only issue with this was that the second we sat down to eat, dozens of little red ants would start appearing. Thankfully, we didn’t see a single insect (or little lizard - which yes, you might see around the hotel, especially by the pool) in the room itself.

It should come as no surprise that not only would I highly recommend this hotel to others but I would love to stay here again.

Don’t be discouraged if you look on a map and see that this hotel is out of the way. It is a great place to escape to and truly relax. Or, if you are looking to get out and explore Phuket, talk to the extremely friendly staff who will be able to assist in booking tours and/or transportation.

Despite the positive feedback I’ve seen about this hotel on booking websites, I think even the most positive feedback about it is still underrated. But maybe that’s part of what keeps it a bit of a hidden gem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 231011658201231/k2311a0131/1.31.17