Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea  » Furniture  »
  • Unfortunately, the closest Ikea store is at 300kn from my house so I never go there and I never order stuff from there because when it is about furniture and similar things I kind a prefer seeing it with my own two eyes then buying it online
  • A few weeks ago a friend told me that she was going to Ikea and asked me if I wanted her to buy something for me
  • Well, when you have a bunch of drawers then I guess it would not be so cheap to install the separators in all of them, but I just wanted to give this separator a try so in my opinion the price was really perfect
  • I solved that problem with this Höfta drawer separator

by 7hereviewer

Unfortunately, the closest Ikea store is at 300kn from my house so I never go there and I never order stuff from there because when it is about furniture and similar things I kind a prefer seeing it with my own two eyes then buying it online. Moreover, their shipping prices are quite high. A few weeks ago a friend told me that she was going to Ikea and asked me if I wanted her to buy something for me. I visited Ikea online store and found a few things I needed so I told my friend to buy them for me. One of the things that I ordered was Hofta drawer separator.
  • Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea
  • As you can see on the Ikea webpage, this separator is really cheap but it works miracles for the drawer, well at least I hoped it would when I asked my friend to buy it for me. Well, when you have a bunch of drawers then I guess it would not be so cheap to install the separators in all of them, but I just wanted to give this separator a try so in my opinion the price was really perfect.

• Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea
  • I am really bad at organizing my wardrobe so it always looks very messy and untidy. Even the part with pullovers and shirts, because I just put one on top of the other and when I take out anything below the first top thing everything moves so it looks messy again. Imagine how my underwear draw must look like then. So, to make the organizing job easier for myself I need more compartments, because more compartments less mess. I mean, if I take something form one compartment that will not mess the rest of the drawer, and I find that fantastic. For that reason I decided to order the drawer separator. They have it in two sizes but my drawer is not very big so I took the smaller one. You can cut it the way you want so you can make it the size you want which is really great because there are really many dimensions of drawers. It comes wrapped in soft plastic wrapper which you can easily rip off even without scissors.

• Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea
  • There is also a picture printed on the paper inside the wrapper which explains what is inside the wrapper and how to use it and make it work. Honestly if it was not for that picture I would have never figured it out what that thing was. I mean, it looks as if it could be anything and nothing in the same time.

• Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea
  • Then you need to put one separator into another, so that they form a cross, that way you get them to stand up straight. It is really easy to do it because the plastic sticks are very thick and they do not bend easily, so you just need to know where you want one separator to cut the other and then put one on the top of another, in a way that they make a cross, and then push them together. You do not even have to separate the sticks by hands. It like takes you 2 minutes from when you cut the wrapper until you can start folding your clothes and putting it in the drawer.

• Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea
  • You get three separators, which means that you have to put one vertically and two horizontally, a! nd you get six compartments. If you want more compartments you can buy more separators. My drawer is not that big so six compartments are just enough.

• Hofta drawer separator, by Ikea
  • When I put my drawer separator together and I laid it down in the drawer I must admit that I was not very pleased. Well, it looked all wrong and crooked. It took me quite some time to make the separators look aligned and straight. What you have to do is to make the sticks around the place where they cross set as good as you can. I never got them to be perfectly linear and it bothered me quite a bit. So I just gave up messing with it and I put my clothes in. To my surprise, as I was stuffing the compartments with clothes, the separators moved. That was a bit annoying too because I had to push them back all the time. But then I realized that it was actually great that the clothes could push the separators because that way you can fit in even bigger things plus you can make the compartments look more like a square with the use of your clothes.

Another great thing about these separators is the material they are made of. It is really difficult to bend the plastic sticks they are made of and for that reason they are difficult to break which means that they can last for a long time if you do not break them intentionally. Moreover, the plastic does not have any smell. I am incredibly satisfied with this product because I really hate doing things that need you to do one thing repeatedly, like organizing the wardrobe after weeks of just taking things out and putting them in. I used to tidy my drawer every two months because things would get so messy in there that I did not know what I had left that was clean. I solved that problem with this Höfta drawer separator. It is incredible that one small and inexpensive thing can change your life so much. I am planning to go back to Ikea and buy myself something to separate my other clothes with, like t-shirts and trousers. These separators really save time and a lot of headaches.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5730011658180531/k2311a0130/1.30.17