Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly
  • Milka Choco Dessert ORANGE JELLY is one of my favorite cakes ever
  • I love them very much because they are just like little chocolate cakes that I can have at home all the time
  • That is why I was really happy when I saw that Milka, very famous chocolate maker, issued their own Milka chocolate cakes with orange jelly inside
  • The problem with regular chocolate cakes is that they are too big so if I make one big cake I have to eat it for days or I eat a bunch of it during one day just because I made it and I have it at home
  • I eat Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly only when I want to have something extra, extra sweet but that does not happen very often because I must say that although I like sweets I prefer those that are not extremely sweet

by Tayla

Milka Choco Dessert ORANGE JELLY is one of my favorite cakes ever. I love them very much because they are just like little chocolate cakes that I can have at home all the time. Every time that i want to eat something sweet chocolate cakes of jaffa type, very popular snack that almost everybody in Europe knows very well, are my first choice. That is why I was really happy when I saw that Milka, very famous chocolate maker, issued their own Milka chocolate cakes with orange jelly inside. The problem with regular chocolate cakes is that they are too big so if I make one big cake I have to eat it for days or I eat a bunch of it during one day just because I made it and I have it at home. On the other hand I tried buying a piece of chocolate cake from the supermarket or the bakery but they are much more expensive than these cakes and I have to eat the entire piece during the day that I bought it because it does not remain fresh for long time. Also some of the cakes that I bought did not have very nice taste and I did not like them at all. Milka Choco are perfect for me because I can always buy the box of them in the supermarket and I do not have to eat them that day. As a matter of fact, you do not even have to open them that they but put them aside, stored, so that you can open them when you want to eat them. They can last for months unopened which is really great because most of the times when I want something sweet I really do not want to run out and buy something, I prefer having this kind of things at home.
  • Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly
  • Milka Choco dessert Orange Jelly do not come in large boxes or bags but only in snack pack format. The snack pack has a purple thin aluminum wrapper and inside, there is a brown plastic tray that contains ten cakes. The plastic tray is very resistant and it is a great solution to avoid that the cakes get smashed. I even try to press the pack with my hand very hard just to test it and I did not smash the cakes. That is very important because as this is a snack pack, which means that you can snack it whenever you feel like it, you can take it with you in your bag and if not protected properly they can easily get smashed.

• Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly
  • The wrapper is purple just as every Milka wrapper is. On the left side you can see Milka logo and purple cow in front of the mountains and on the rest of wrapper has picture of the cakes that makes these cakes look that delicious that you can hear them call your name and it makes you want to open the packet right away.

• Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly
  • The greatest thing about this wrapper is that it is very practical because you can reclose it. This is very important to me because I cannot eat all ten cakes at once. The seal is very strong and it do not re-open by itself. Another thing I like about this strong seal is that it keeps the cakes from caching humidity from the air so that they can stay fresh for several days. Sometimes, during the summer, I put them in the fridge, and not even there, where humidity is quite elevated, do they get soft and spongy. I cannot say for sure for how long they can stay open without becoming dry if kept out of the fridge because in my house they never last more than two, maximum three days. I like them very much, indeed. But the seal is not perfect, you cannot leave the pack open for weeks. The cake would become dry as any other cookie left for days in an open box or open bag.

• Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly
  • I tried many different kinds of cakes similar to Milka Choco Dessert ORANGE JELLY and some of them have too dry cookie or they are made with dark chocolate so they are not very sweet and I can eat bunch of them. In comparison, Milka Choco Dessert are very soft and the combination of milk chocolate, cookie and orange jelly makes the cake perfectly sweet bomb so I cannot eat to many pieces at once. However, they are great snack when I want to eat something very sweet. Two or three pieces are enough to satisfy my craving for sweet chocolate cakes. They are not too big so one can put entire piece in the mouth, but I prefer biting it so it can last longer. I prefer eating all three layers together at once because by doing so I get that perfect combination of a not too sweet cookie, sweet milk chocolate and a bit sour orange jelly all together in one delicious cookie. Orange taste predominates and that is what, in my opinion, is the best part of these cakes. The cake smells like simple chocolate cookie but there is also a very pleasant orange fragrance that can be perceived. As you can see on the first photo I uploaded, the snack pack was opened as it was not supposed to be. It has its own seal that can be recolosed and reopened which keeps the cakes fresh but a mistake was made and the wrapper was ripped on the wrong side. I call this a mistake because the cakes got really dry in one day and their taste was completely gone as well. I guess this proves the importance of the seal on top of the pack. I could not even distinguish the orange flavour, all I could taste was dry cookie dough and it was really awful.

• Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly
  • Even though I prefer to bite the Choco Dessert cakes to eat all three layers together sometimes I eat layer per layer because in that way I can eat jelly orange layer for last. By eating layer per layer I notice that the chocolate does not have very good taste, it is too sweet and do not have much taste at all because it is very thin. The cookie has not any particular taste because it is very crisp and it is not sweet at all. I leave the sweet and sour jelly to be eaten last because it tastes like sweet oranges and I really like that taste.

In breaf, there are many types of cakes similar to Milka Choco Dessert out on the market. I prefer to eat ones with dark chocolate because I think that orange and dark chocolate is much better combination than orange and milk chocolate. You can by MIlka cakes only as a snack pack and that elevates their price per cookie, because you do not get a lot of cakes in each pack. The bigger the pack the smaller the price per cake, for that reason the price of this pack vs the amount of cakes you get is pretty high. I eat Milka Choco Dessert Orange Jelly only when I want to have something extra, extra sweet but that does not happen very often because I must say that although I like sweets I prefer those that are not extremely sweet.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

re : Milka Choco Dessert ORANGE JELLY is one of my favorite cakes ever
I do not buy them often although I like them, but that is because I prefer creamy stuff. But if I want some creamless cakes I usually take jaffa cakes. Another thing I must mention about these cakes is that their price is a bit higher then any other jaffa cakes made by different brands.

Tayla replies :

Yes this snack has higher price, like all quality brand stuff do, but these cakes quality is much better than of cheaper versios. Milka cakes have a very soft cookie and some noname brands cakes have a very dry cookie from the moment you open the pack and they taste like old cookies.

7hereviewer gmail.com says :

Oh, I get what you mean, I prefer fresh cookies, than the old ones too and the cookie of Milka Jaffa seems pretty fresh. I guess that is because all the additivess they put in it to keep it fresh longer.

Tayla replies :

Talking about the softness of the cookie you made me thinking about additivess….I do not like to eat junk food and additivess are not good for us but they are in almost every food. I think that sweets are not good for us as well so I do not eat them very often. I noticed the better taste food has, it is more unhealthy for us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713011657970231/k2311a0113/1.13.17