Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA
2.0
20500 Old Hwy 99 SW, Centralia, WA 98531
  • I recently visited the Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound Washington for a surprise birthday present for my 10 year old son
  • As I was standing in line waiting to ask about our room I see several other kids getting greeted with a special Happy Birthday hat and song
  • There are no chairs to sit down and definitely no tables to eat a snack
  • That would not be bad during the summer, but in January if you are going to advertise how warm the water park is, make sure the water is at least slightly warm
  • While I can think of a million other places I would rather go and spend my money, my kids had a blast

by Erica Hedberg

I recently visited the Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound Washington for a surprise birthday present for my 10 year old son. Overall, our experience was fair. The kids had a blast playing in the pool but everything else just fell short.
  • Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA
  • Check in at Great Wolf Lodge starts at 4:00 but they let you come early and swim in the bowl before you check in to your hotel room. Of course, since you do not have a pool you have to pay $20 to rent a locker to put your purse in. We arrived at 1:00 and checked in. We were told our room was not ready but they would text us when it was ready and to have fun swimming. We went and swam for a couple of hours thinking our room would be ready by 4:00 so we could go change and take a shower. But by 4:00, still no room. We thought that can’t be right. If we can check in at 4:00 it should be ready. So we waited in the line again to speak with someone at the desk and they confirmed, no room yet but they would let us know when it was ready. We finally got the text at 5:45 that our room was ready. REALLY!!!! How is that even acceptable. To tell someone check in is at 4:00 but not have their room ready until almost 2 hours later!

• Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA
  • We managed to make our way past all of the arcades, games, gift shops, and “adventures” they try to sell you to the elevators to go up to the 8th floor. They have one set of elevators with three cars for the entire lodge and one of the cars was not working. That meant we waited for quite a while for the car to come (every single time we went to our room). When we finally got up there everything looked fine. Until I unfolded the bath mat towel to take a shower. Out jumped a huge (really huge!) bug. I screamed (I hate bugs!) and yelled for my husband to come kill it. I was scared to touch any of the towels after that, afraid another big bug was going to jump out at me.

• Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA
  • The idea of the lodge is a great idea. You come with the family, swim in the water park, eat dinner at the restaurant, and have a great time. But the delivery of the service is not good. The people working there do not seem to enjoy their job, and that makes a big difference. When I made my reservation I told the lady we were going for my son’s birthday. As I was standing in line waiting to ask about our room I see several other kids getting greeted with a special “Happy Birthday” hat and song. Not my son. They must have forgotten to put a note with our reservation. It’s all of those little things that add up to make the visit disappointing.

• Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA
  • The one positive thing I have to say about The Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound is that the water park is a blast. The kids had so much fun. There is a wave pool and several water slides. When we were there the line for the water slides was not long at all either. Sometimes we were able to walk right up and go. However, everything else is crowded. There are no chairs to sit down and definitely no tables to eat a snack. The pools and the hot tubs are so crowded you can barely get in them. And while the air in the water park is warm (84 degrees). The water was cold. That would not be bad during the summer, but in January if you are going to advertise how warm the water park is, make sure the water is at least slightly warm.

• Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound, WA
  • We managed to get a good deal on a room at the Lodge. We only paid $100 for one night (on a Sunday). We had originally paid $200 but happened to find a deal before our stay and was able to get the price changed. Others were not so lucky. I heard a couple of people upset because they found out someone else got a savings and wanted the same discount, only to be told it was too late. If we had wanted to stay over the weekend it would have cost us about $300 per night. It can be pretty spendy to visit Great Wolf Lodge if you do not get a discount or if you come over the weekend.

On the way home, my husband and I were asking ourselves if we would come here again. While I can think of a million other places I would rather go and spend my money, my kids had a blast. They don’t notice that the bathrooms are dirty or that we got our room late. They only remember that they had so much fun playing at the water park. So, if we were able to get a good discount again, we probably will end up coming back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 213011657950231/k2311a0113/1.13.17