Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars
  • I like having granola bars (or something similar) on hand in our house
  • Normally, when I purchase a product like this, I focus on the less expensive store brands
  • This is because I've had quite a few of those in the past and have never noticed any noticeable difference between those and the more expensive, better known brands
  • However, my wife and I were shopping at Costco this past weekend and that store happened to have Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars on sale
  • If nothing else, they are definitely better than that horrible store brand I purchased a few weeks ago, which was terrible to the point nobody would eat them and I had to toss them out

• by Grocery Gourmet 75

I like having granola bars (or something similar) on hand in our house. This is both because they work great as part of school lunches and because it’s always nice to have something like that within easy reach if I don’t get time to have a big lunch and want to make sure I’m not starving by the time I get done with work. Normally, when I purchase a product like this, I focus on the less expensive store brands.

This is

because I’ve had quite a few of those in the past and have never noticed any noticeable difference between those and the more expensive, better known brands. However, my wife and I were shopping at Costco this past weekend and that store happened to have Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars on sale.

And, since my daughters, who both have had these at my parents’ house, swore by them, I decided to make the purchase and try them for myself. As it turns out, it was a much better purchase than I was expecting.

There were a couple things I’ve noticed about this particular product the first time I had one as a snack. The first was the Fiber One bars offered just the right amount of chewiness.

I’ve had others, from other brands, that were either too soft (to the point the granola bar was falling apart) or were almost taffy-like when I bit into them. This brand fell perfectly in between.

...

• Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars
      I also couldn’t help but notice the Fiber One bars were larger than most of the store brands I’ve purchased in the past. It’s not a significant difference in size, at least from looking at them.

But, it is enough to make them much more filling. I can have my hunger satisfied with just one of these rather than two (or even three) of a lesser brand.

As far as taste goes, I think these are OK. The chips in them are a little on the rich side (I personally thought they tasted a little like dark chocolate, even though that’s not supposed to be the case).

But, it’s nothing that’s too overwhelming and, overall, I do like them. If nothing else, they are definitely better than that horrible store brand I purchased a few weeks ago, which was terrible to the point nobody would eat them and I had to toss them out.

And, because of this, along with the larger size, I do think they are worth the money.

re : I like having granola bars (or something similar) on hand in our house
I too enjoy having granola Fiber one bars in the kitchen. Mom, Dad, and kids go through at least one large Costco box a month.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : Normally, when I purchase a product like this, I focus on the less expensive store brands
I like staying with the Fiber One brand. I have tried most of the knockoffs and they usually just make me wish I’d stayed with the original. Their really not less expensive if you throw half away.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : This is because I’ve had quite a few of those in the past and have never noticed any noticeable difference between those and the more expensive, better known brands
The Fiber One bars from Costco always seem really fresh and chewy. I used to buy several in store bars, but the freshness factor seemed a little lacking. I guess thats my biggest concern, Freshness. I’ve had some bars that were downright stale and I won’t go back there.

GroceryGourmet75 replies :

The advantage of Costco is I can usually get a good deal on these without having to wait for a sale or coupon.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : However, my wife and I were shopping at Costco this past weekend and that store happened to have Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Chewy Bars on sale
Costco usually has a sale on these great tasting snacks. I got into the groove of buying them from the sales. So it’s a little annoying when we have to pay regular price. However, I stay with them, because of the freshness factor.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : If nothing else, they are definitely better than that horrible store brand I purchased a few weeks ago, which was terrible to the point nobody would eat them and I had to toss them out
I Believe the Fiber One brand is the standard which all other bars are judged against. I too have strayed into a knock off super sale and have been more than dissatisfied with quality and taste. I don’t want to open a quick snack bar for energy, and have to decide if its gone bad or it just tastes like that. That is just too much thought going into it. Stay with the good stuff.

Jose Juan Gutierrez says :

re : I like having granola bars (or something similar) on hand in our house
I like granola bars and always try to have some at home. I can combine granola bars with cereal and milk in the mornings for breakfast. They are healthy and aid at digestion. They also keep the gut clean. I love granola bars

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2712011657890431/k2311a0112/1.12.17