Charlie’s Soap Laundry Powder  » Housewares  »
  • My husband and I decided to use cloth diapers for my daughter when she born and so we needed a biodegradable laundry detergent to wash them
  • There are several things I love about this detergent, but the most important factor is that it is better for the environment than regular laundry soaps
  • Using Charlie's Soap is just one more way I can help the environment
  • I could not believe how clean my daughters diapers were
  • I would highly recommend it to parents using cloth diapers

• by Erica Hedberg

My husband and I decided to use cloth diapers for my daughter when she born and so we needed a biodegradable laundry detergent to wash them. We tried Charlie’s Soap - Laundry at the recommendation of a friend and we loved it. My daughter is seven years old now and we are still using it for all of our laundry.

soaps. It is biodegradable and non-toxic. We often try to do our best to recycle, use less trash, and use less water. But we often don’t think about the soaps we use and how they impact the environment. Using Charlie’s Soap is just one more way I can help the environment.

I also love Charlie’s because it works. To be honest, I did not trust it was going to work at first. I was used to using thick liquids for detergent. How could one small scoop of a powder soap really clean something as dirty as my daughters cloth diapers? Well, I was wrong. It worked extremely well! I could not believe how clean my daughters diapers were. I heard other parents say that they would have to strip their diapers with vinager every once in awhile to deep clean them. We never had to do that. Charlie’s cleaned the diapers so well I never had to bleach them or ...

• Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder
      anything.

Because Charlie’s Soap is made with natural, biodegradable ingredients, it rinses clean. I never noticed before using Charlie’s that my laundry detergent left residue in my clothes. After using Charlie’s I could feel how clean my clothes were. The soap washed out completely, leaving them feeling soft and clean.

Charlie’s Laundry Soap costs about $16.00 for a container that has about 100 loads. At first I thought this was expensive, because normally the detergent I was buying only cost about $7. But

Charlie’s has about 100 loads where the other detergents did not have even half of those loads, even though the container was bigger. So even though Charlie’s has less actual product than other detergents, it lasts a lot longer.

I would absolutely recommend Charlie’s Laundry Soap to anyone that wants clean clothes and wants to help the environment. I would highly recommend it to parents using cloth diapers. I have loved this detergent and do not have a negative thing to say about it.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : My husband and I decided to use cloth diapers for my daughter when she born and so we needed a biodegradable laundry detergent to wash them
I first bought Charlies Soap because of the attractive packaging. It just looked a little different than the rows of the competition. I really don’t buy laundry soap to save the world from melting, I just want my clothes clean.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : There are several things I love about this detergent, but the most important factor is that it is better for the environment than regular laundry soaps
The biodegradable part is really not my main concern. Sure I recycle and try to keep world clean, but how do I know if it’s biodegradable?
If I can’t prove it I am taking the manufactures word.

re : Using Charlie’s Soap is just one more way I can help the environment
Sure, I hope it helps the environment, but how do I really know? My grey laundry water flows into a septic system that uses the natural slope of the land along with the natural filtering power of our own soil. Saving the environment? I doubt it. Its not like our drain water goes straight into a lake or stream.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : I could not believe how clean my daughters diapers were
I have not used Charlies for diapers, but I do have 3 kids and go through laundry quite rapidly. The clothes do seem a lot cleaner, I must agree. I do believe they rinse cleaner and have no residue left on them. Sheeze, if people are using it for diapers it has to be good. I have always used disposable diapers and I’m sure I have personally made a garbage pile to the moon and back. Yes, I am a horrible person, but diapers make me almost throw up. I certainly don’t want to see them again in my washing machine. Give me a break.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : I would highly recommend it to parents using cloth diapers
Hey, if you want to use cloth diapers, God Bless. If Charlies cleans that, WOW. I just buy it because it works and its economical. I get a lot more loads out of a container, that means less mindless thought put into laundry soap. Clothes are cleaner and softer as compared to the dozens of liquid soaps I’ve tried over the years. I will continue to purchase if it is available. Yes, I like the fact it’s biodegradable, whatever that means.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311011657870331/k2311a0111/1.11.17