Morley Bad Horsie 1 Wah Pedal
  • I play mainly metal music and some hard rock/blues sometimes, and the Morley Bad Horsie 1 wah pedal does the job very well in those genres
  • And this is one of the great things among many others that I like in this product
  • The only thing that I think is overlooked in the reviews is that there is a little knob when You open the bottom of the pedal that allows You to set the time when the wah effect kicks in when You press the pedal
  • The thing that in my opinion is most awesome is the simplicity of the device

by guitarhero83

I play mainly metal music and some hard rock/blues sometimes, and the Morley Bad Horsie 1 wah pedal does the job very well in those genres. There is not much to figure out or reading the manual to understand how it works. And this is one of the great things among many others that I like in this product.
  • Morley Bad Horsie 1 Wah Pedal
  • You just have to put your foot on the pedal and it does the job and this is also very convenient when playing live gigs because you do not have to worry if you switched the pedal on or off. The minute you took your foot from the pedal the wah effect goes off. The only thing that I think is overlooked in the reviews is that there is a little knob when You open the bottom of the pedal that allows You to set the time when the wah effect kicks in when You press the pedal. So I think that this is a nice thing to know that You can customize it in that way. The default setting is that of Steve Vai (at least that is what they say the manual) so I did not change it. I try to set the aforementioned knob differently but I got used to the default setting so I put it back how it was.

• Morley Bad Horsie 1 Wah Pedal
  • The sound of the Morley Bad Horsie 1 pedal is amazing. I am using this pedal in front of all my amps. I tried it with some multi effects, distortion pedals, mesa boogie amplifiers, fender amplifiers and Laney. I tried it also with different guitars (Ibanez RG and Fender Stratocaster) and pickups (single coils and humbuckers) and so on and every time sounded pretty awesome. I also tried to compare the Morley Bad Horsie 1 with the Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal and I must say that this is really a matter of taste and preference. I have always been more eager to use the Morley Bad Horsie 1 because of it`s ease of use and because you have one thing less to think about when you are on stage (means that you do not have to worry if you turned the wah pedal off when you take your foot off of it).

• Morley Bad Horsie 1 Wah Pedal
  • Some say that this pedal also boosts the volume a little when is active but I did not notice it. I guess the frequencies are a little bit different when the effect is in use and maybe a little bit of middle get added in the overall sound so that makes the effect that the volume is a little bit louder which is not a bad thing especially when playing solo sections.

The Morley Bad Horsie 1 wah pedal is extremely durable and reliable. I had a lot of gigs with this pedal and it never let me down. I always recommend to use it with a power supply adapter instead of batteries just because I do not have to think if the batteries are full or dried out. Regarding the type of batteries that are used, it works on a standard 9V battery.

• Morley Bad Horsie 1 Wah Pedal
  • The only thing that I do not like in this pedal is the size of it. I think that is a little too big and that can be a problem if you try to put it on a not too big pedal board. The bottom part of the pedal is much bigger than the upper side (the actual pedal) and this is a very different concept that the Morley did than other manufacturers. For example the Dunlop Cry Baby wah pedal is pretty much uniformed (the actual pedal and the bottom of the pedal are pretty much the same size). That can be a little space consuming for someone who has a smaller pedal board or want to put the wah pedal on it. However, the good thing about that is that is extremely solid and stable so when you put your foot on it, You do not have to worry that you will broke it or damage it in any way. Also the Bad Horsie 1 does not have any controls on the side of the pedal like their other models except a small red diode that tells you that the pedal is active when is pressed and that feature is not in the way or in danger of being stepped on.

• Morley Bad Horsie 1 Wah Pedal
  • I am a big Steve Vai fan and the Morley Bad Horsie 1 being his signature product got me to buy it in the first place. That does not mean that You or me will sound like Mr. Steve Vai just by using one of his products, but I always think that if a musician does a good job and uses certain equipment, that equipment should not be bad. That said, regarding the sound, it is a wah pedal so it will do the job like You want that effect to do the job, and the overall concept of not have to switch anything, just put your foot on it to make it work is an awesome idea for a wah pedal.

I highly recommend the Morley Bad Horsie 1 to anyone who looks for an awesome, affordable and easy to use wah effect pedal. The thing that in my opinion is most awesome is the simplicity of the device. For an active musician this pedal is one of the most user friendly devices that are on the market today. Just step on it and you are ready to make those awesome blues leads and licks that sounds so beautiful with the wah effect.

john says :

re : I play mainly metal music and some hard rock/blues sometimes, and the Morley Bad Horsie 1 wah pedal does the job very well in those genres
hi
this is pretty cool
what size is it ? in cm
and try to make it smaller if you can

this is awesome

guitarhero83 says :

Hi
Thanx for the kind words :)
The size of the pedal in centimeters is 23×14.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2017. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164011657760231/k2311a014/1.4.17