NUKI Smart lock
  • The problem is finding a review of the product in English as almost all the tests and reviews were done in German
  • The price is still quite high as production has just started but I believe it will go down considerably in the next few months as more and more locks are sold
  • I paid the full price of 309 euros including delivery (10 euros) for the COMBO which includes the lock and the bridge which makes it available online so you can unlock your door from anywhere
  • You have to make sure you have Euro Profile Double Cylinder with emergency function on your door, which I didn't have so I bought one for about 15 euros
  • The only thing that is not good about the NUKI Smart lock is the price which is really too high for most people but hopefully this will change soon enough

• by Zvonimir

If you want to ditch your keys and enter your house by using just your smartphone, now you can. All you have to do is buy a NUKI Smart lock and that is exactly what I did a few days ago.

It is made in Austria so their website is in German but you can select English too. Everything is explained in great detail but some finer points remain to be added.

The problem is finding a review of the product in English as almost all the tests and reviews were done in German.

months as more and more locks are sold.

I paid the full price of 309 euros including delivery (10 euros) for the COMBO which includes the lock and the bridge which makes it available online so you can unlock your door from anywhere. The very next day, they have sent me an email with the voucher code to get 36 euros discount on my next purchase. Since I only needed one lock, this voucher remains unused.

My first impression after getting the lock delivered is quite good. The installation instructions were very clear and easy to implement. You have to make sure you have Euro Profile Double Cylinder with emergency function on your door, which I didn’t have so I bought one for about 15 euros.

Everything else on my door remained the same and NUKI Smart lock fitted perfectly and worked like a charm. It can easily be removed and fitted to some other door if the need arises. Just be careful when removing the Mountingplate, there is a green button inside the battery compartment which removes it automatically when pressed but they don’t tell you anything about this on the website.

You have to download the NUKI application (IOS or Android 4.4 or higher) to your smartphone and configure it to work with your lock. Once the setup is done, everything works just fine.

Now I can always see ...

• NUKI Smart lock
      whether my front door is locked or unlocked, no matter where I am at the moment. I can let my friends in the house even if I am not at home. Other members of my family can also download the NUKI app and have access to the door without using the keys although the actual physical keys remain functional and can be used normally as before if you have elder family members who do not use smartphones. You can even buy a NUKI fob for them to use although the price is high, about 40 euros so I don’t recommend that.

The only problem I had with the lock was while performing the firmware update. It doesn’t say on their website but when you do this, you absolutely have to have wifi, Bluetooth and location enabled on your smartphone; otherwise you will keep getting the message “You must be in Bluetooth range of your Smart lock to update it”

To conclude, NUKI Smart lock is very good, it does what it is supposed to do very well and it is very easy to install or remove it. There is no need to make any significant changes to your existing door.

The only thing that is not good about the NUKI Smart lock is the price which is really too high for most people but hopefully this will change soon enough.

Anthony Neville says :

re : You have to make sure you have Euro Profile Double Cylinder with emergency function on your door, which I didn’t have so I bought one for about 15 euros
Does the emergency function just mean it works with the key in both ends?

Zvonimir Vukovic replies :

Yes, that’s right.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322111657310430/k2311a1122/11.22.16