Nostalgia Electrics Hard Candy Cotton Candy Maker  » Housewares  »
  • I was gifted with the Nostalgia electrics hard cotton candy maker because my mom noticed how my son was obsessed with cotton candy, and she realized how expensive buying him cotton candy all the time was becoming
  • I am not sure if the cotton candy sugar be found in a lot of retailers offline, but I was able to find mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond
  • The rest of the cotton candy sugar I purchased came from Amazon
  • This is one of the best gifts my mom could have given my son because now I do not have to spend a lot of money at the store buying cotton candy

by ReadingBug

I was gifted with the Nostalgia electrics hard cotton candy maker because my mom noticed how my son was obsessed with cotton candy, and she realized how expensive buying him cotton candy all the time was becoming. She found the cotton candy maker either on Fingerhut’s website or Gettington’s website, but she said she got a good deal on shipping and she thought it would be something my son would really enjoy having at home.
  • Nostalgia Electrics Hard Candy Cotton Candy Maker
  • Personally I was skeptical about the Nostalgia Electrics cotton candy machine because I order an ice machine by the same brand, and a little after 6 months to a year of having it the machine stopped working. I had to send it back and request a new ice machine to be shipped out to me.

• Nostalgia Electrics Hard Candy Cotton Candy Maker
  • The cotton candy machine does say on the box I can use hard candy to make cotton candy, but I feel as if that is a little too risky and I do not want to tear up my machine. Therefore, I went out and purchased cotton candy sugar to use specifically for my machine. I am not sure if the cotton candy sugar be found in a lot of retailers offline, but I was able to find mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The rest of the cotton candy sugar I purchased came from Amazon.

• Nostalgia Electrics Hard Candy Cotton Candy Maker
  • The machine comes in three parts: the base which is the main part of the cotton candy machine and it shaped like a pink carriage with two clear grippers to keep the machine from moving around on surfaces, and an eye in the center that heats up when powered which creates the cotton candy. Then there is a white bowl that is attached to the base and the other clear bowl to capture the spun cotton candy.

• Nostalgia Electrics Hard Candy Cotton Candy Maker
  • In order for the cotton candy machine to work properly it must be powered on for at least a few minutes so the eye can properly heat up and spin the sugar. I usually power it on as normal and then I power it off quickly, pour in the cotton candy sugar, and then turn it on again.

I must admit that when I first started using the machine I was a complete novice at gathering cotton candy. The directions said to hold the cotton candy sticks on a diagonal, but I realized that technique did not work for me and it caused my cotton candy to melt in some places on the stick because it was too close to the eye.

• Nostalgia Electrics Hard Candy Cotton Candy Maker
  • With a lot of practice and trial and error, I learned that the best method that worked for me was to hold the cotton candy stick parallel to the machine and let the cotton candy catch on, and then just spin the cotton candy until there is no more sugar in the eye. I think once I got the hang of the proper technique of gathering cotton candy the machine became a lot more enjoyable.

Cleaning the two bowls is easy, I just let the bowls soak in hot water to melt the buildup of hard cotton candy inside, and then I wash it from there. Cleaning the base is another store. Since I cannot put it in the sink to wash, I just grab a dish cloth and put it in warm, soapy water and proceed to wipe down the base as best as I can without damaging the eye. Assembly of the machine is easy as well as disassembling it.

Overall, my son loves the machine and the cotton candy does taste like actual cotton candy. It is light and fluffy and it just reminds me of going to the fair or a parade. In the beginning it takes some getting used to and adjustments on your part, but it is well worth it believe me once you get the hang of it. This is one of the best gifts my mom could have given my son because now I do not have to spend a lot of money at the store buying cotton candy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317111657150930/k2311a1117/11.17.16