Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Cookie Mix
  • This baking session was one of the few I was able to actually do with my son since my schedule has been hectic lately
  • I have made quite a few of their cookies such as chocolate chip and snickerdoodle, but the white chocolate chip macadamia cookies are my favorite to eat and because I know no one else in my house likes it so I am guaranteed to have some left to eat

by ReadingBug

Two words perfectly sum up fall for me: Bake Sale. I am not part of part of the PTA at my son’s school, but I do like to donate baked goods and other things they may need throughout the year. This baking session was one of the few I was able to actually do with my son since my schedule has been hectic lately.
  • Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Cookie Mix
  • I like to occasionally purchase the Betty Crocker cookie mixes because they are fairly cheap especially at Walmart, and they cut down on my preparation time because I do not have to do everything from scratch. I have made quite a few of their cookies such as chocolate chip and snickerdoodle, but the white chocolate chip macadamia cookies are my favorite to eat and because I know no one else in my house likes it so I am guaranteed to have some left to eat.

• Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Cookie Mix
  • The ingredients list is very short which includes one egg and butter or either margarine. One of the lessons I had to learn early on when I started learning how to make cookies from scratch is not to use room temperature butter, and I wish that tip was stated on the packaging even though I sometimes ignore it but I know people who are just learning how to bake cookies may want that useful tip. The reason for not using room temperature butter or margarine is because once the cookies are in the oven the butter or margarine is going to bake faster than the rest of the ingredients causing the cookies to spread as you can see with mine.

• Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Cookie Mix
  • I discovered how you mix prepackaged cookie mix does not really affect the overall results of the cookies, unless you are someone who goes crazy with the mixer and incorporates all the air you can. However, to have the best cookies I would suggest refrigerating the cookie mix for about 30 minutes to an hour and then bake them. Because I knew I would be the only one eating my cookies I did not bother to do the extra step of refrigeration, but that step does help in the long run when it comes to baking cookies.

• Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Cookie Mix
  • After I mixed everything together I took an ice cream scoop and dropped the cookie dough on the sheet and baked them for about 8 to 10 minutes. Some of the cookies came out perfectly round while others decided to spread, but that was mainly due to me using room temperature margarine and nothing to do with the cookie mix itself. When I took a bite from the cookie it was what I was expecting from a macadamia cookie. It was soft and loaded with nuts and white chocolate. I was also able to keep the cookies for about three days before they went bad on me, but that is mainly because I did not put them in a proper storage bin to keep them fresh.

• Betty Crocker White Chip Macadamia Cookie Mix
  • Despite how good this cookie mix is I would not recommend this cookie mix to anyone with a nut allergy of any kind. The cookie mix is good but it is not worth being rushed to the hospital for a medical emergency. Besides eating them as plain cookies the cookies mix can be used for a variety of things. I personally like to make ice cream sandwiches with them or I will create some crazy milkshake with the cookies themselves or the dough minus the egg. The cookie mix can also be used to cookie pizzas which my son enjoys making, and I was thinking about using the mix minus the egg to make a crust for a cheesecake idea I had.

In conclusion, the Betty Crocker white chocolate chip and macadamia cookie mix is inexpensive, quick to make, and something your friends and family will enjoy. There are a variety of ways to use the cookie mix in different recipes, and the great thing about the cookie mix is that it comes out good every time you make them.

Keiana says :

re : I have made quite a few of their cookies such as chocolate chip and snickerdoodle, but the white chocolate chip macadamia cookies are my favorite to eat and because I know no one else in my house likes it so I am guaranteed to have some left to eat
I disagree with this because,my family loves Macadamia cookies. On the other had I would really prefer chocolate chip because no one can really turn those down. I love cookies and I prefer people to eat them.

Pamela Dunn says :

re : I discovered how you mix prepackaged cookie mix does not really affect the overall results of the cookies, unless you are someone who goes crazy with the mixer and incorporates all the air you can
Especially on cake dough and cookie dough I always get the best results when I just blend the ingredients together. When it’s left with lumps and then baked like that it comes out fuller and cakier.

quick note by anonymous :

It is so crispy and love it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717111657140930/k2311a1117/11.17.16