Kraft Oven Fry Extra Crispy Chicken Box Mix  » Food  »
3.7
  • What I like about the mix is that I do not have to fry anything to get a crispy crunch from my chicken, but what I dislike is the inability for the crumbs to really adhere to the meat and that it is not as crispy the following day
  • The product itself is so-so, but if you want fried chicken you may have to suffer through the mess and the big clean up afterwards

by ReadingBug

The Kraft oven fry extra crispy chicken box mix is one that I have been using for a couple of years now when I am not in the mood to fry chicken from scratch. The mix can be found at any supermarket retailer, comes in a variety of flavors for both chicken and pork chops, and is under $2.
  • Kraft Oven Fry Extra Crispy Chicken Box Mix
  • Because frying chicken or anything for that matter can be messy, I turn to Kraft oven fry mix when I want to minimize cleaning up. What I like about the mix is that I do not have to fry anything to get a crispy crunch from my chicken, but what I dislike is the inability for the crumbs to really adhere to the meat and that it is not as crispy the following day.

• Kraft Oven Fry Extra Crispy Chicken Box Mix
  • The mix comes in a bag which is basically crispy bread crumbs, and because I have used the mix so many times I have noticed that one box alone is not enough to sufficiently cover a pack of chicken. The crumbs are completely flavorless, so any flavor has to come from seasoning the chicken beforehand. One of the things I like about the mix is that it can be used on pork chops which is what I ended up doing the last time I used this mix. I had to use two boxes of the mix just to properly coat the pork chops.

• Kraft Oven Fry Extra Crispy Chicken Box Mix
  • From my experience, the only way to properly coat the meat is to dip the meat in eggs you have whisked, otherwise, the crumbs will not adhere at all. In the extra crispy mix there are larger pieces of the crumbs that simply does not stick to the meat at all. Even when I push the crumb on to the surface of the meat it still does not stick even after baking in the oven.

• Kraft Oven Fry Extra Crispy Chicken Box Mix
  • Once the pork chops were done I had the same finished results as I would if I had used chicken. Even though the box says extra crispy mix it does not come out as crispy, it is more of soft breading with a crunch here and there. I personally do not mind the texture considering I always season my meat well and the crumbs serve as nothing than a breading, but I can see customers can feel betrayed thinking they were going to get crispy oven baked fried chicken to end up with the opposite.

• Kraft Oven Fry Extra Crispy Chicken Box Mix
  • I guess I am so-so when it comes to using the extra crispy oven mix only because my family likes to eat it and I do not have any serious complaints about it other than I believe there is not enough mix in the box to properly coat the chicken or pork chops. I think for real authentic oven fried chicken, I would suggest someone follow the oven recipe which includes using corn flakes because the crunch you are hoping to receive from the box mix does not compare to the original with corn flakes.

I think one’s use of the Kraft oven baked extra crispy chicken is purely a decision of personal taste. I do not mind the lack of crispiness because the mix still serves as a good breading, but others may be upset thinking they will have authentic oven fried chicken when they quite possibly will end up with the opposite. The product itself is so-so, but if you want fried chicken you may have to suffer through the mess and the big clean up afterwards.

Kennedy says :

re : The product itself is so-so, but if you want fried chicken you may have to suffer through the mess and the big clean up afterwards
Yes it is really nice nice i recommend it

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717111657110930/k2311a1117/11.17.16