Cadillac Escalade SUV 2016  » Cars  »
0.5
  • I was driving the base model-whatever that means--which was actually the fully loaded model with the sticker price of over $80,000
  • The controls in the inside of the vehicle which is supposed to make the overall vehicle feel luxurious might I add, were your typical standard controls you could find in any base model sedan
  • The purpose of driving a luxury vehicle is to have those extra bells and whistles that you cannot find on your average vehicle, so to not find those things in this vehicle sort of defeats the purpose of calling the Escalade a luxury vehicle
  • There is a navigation screen in the front, but it is completely useless in my opinion to those in the back who would have to rubberneck just to see anything
  • I would not recommend this vehicle because there are better luxury vehicles on the market you can buy

by ReadingBug

In the past couple of years I have seen an increase of Cadillac Escalades on the road, and I have always wondered what the appeal of the luxury SUVs were besides the name and the grill. I have rode in a Cadillac Escalade before but it was an older model, so I was excited to see what the difference was between the older model I had rode in and the newly redesigned model everyone has flooded the road ways with.
  • Cadillac Escalade SUV 2016
  • To say that driving the 2016 Cadillac Escalade was a real disappointment is an understatement. I was driving the base model-whatever that means–which was actually the fully loaded model with the sticker price of over $80,000. The only thing that was appealing about the Escalade SUV is the body and the grill, and that is where things take a turn for the worse.

• Cadillac Escalade SUV 2016
  • For a vehicle based off luxury, wealth, and opulence I none of that reflected in the inside of the SUV. The controls in the inside of the vehicle which is supposed to make the overall vehicle feel luxurious might I add, were your typical standard controls you could find in any base model sedan. I have seen smart cars that were more loaded down with gadgets and controls than this vehicle.

• Cadillac Escalade SUV 2016
  • The real disappointing part of this car was the lack of an entertainment package. The purpose of driving a luxury vehicle is to have those extra bells and whistles that you cannot find on your average vehicle, so to not find those things in this vehicle sort of defeats the purpose of calling the Escalade a luxury vehicle. There is a navigation screen in the front, but it is completely useless in my opinion to those in the back who would have to rubberneck just to see anything.

• Cadillac Escalade SUV 2016
  • The space was nothing special because you can find it in any of your run of the mill standard SUV. Even the captain seats were not impressive because you can find those in just about any SUV as well including the newly redesigned Honda Pilot Elite. I would say the only luxury I saw was the leather seats, but in today’s car market you can find add leather seats to any vehicle and you can get them heated as well.

• Cadillac Escalade SUV 2016
  • The ride was not the greatest when it came to driving over speed bumps and holes in the road because the vehicle would shake. I had heard of people complaining about that aspect of the SUV, but I never noticed it until I was actually behind the wheel. The sales guy told me the extended Escalade was a lot more stable which is odd considering it is longer and bigger than the smaller Escalade. I thought the back space of the Escalade was your typical cargo space for SUVs, but someone who is not as tall as me may have trouble loading the back considering how high the SUV is.

Overall, I really do not see the appeal of the Cadillac Escalade other than the ability to be ostentatious about one’s net worth. The only thing appealing about the SUV is its body and grill and even those things eventually become tiresome and overrated. There is nothing about this vehicle that says luxury and everything inside is the exact same as a base model SUV. I think the term luxury is not a category belongs to because I have seen other SUVs on the market that qualifies as luxury such as the Infiniti QX80. The Cadillac Escalade is nothing more than an overly expensive Chevrolet Tahoe and it is nowhere near the worth of the price sticker. Of course people will continue to buy the Cadillac Escalade for image alone, but to seriously dig into my purse for $80,000 for a vehicle that does not even have a decent entertainment system and bad suspension is enough of a punch line for any joke. I would not recommend this vehicle because there are better luxury vehicles on the market you can buy.

dreamworks says :

Cadillac Escalade is a full-size luxury SUV available in four trim levels. It can accommodate seven passengers with the standard second-row captain’s chairs and eight if optioned with the second-row bench seat. An Escalade ESV extended-wheelbase model that increases third-row legroom

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 917111657100930/k2311a1117/11.17.16