Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • Since the play date fell on a school night, I decided to let them bake holiday cookies instead of playing with video games
  • They wanted to feel like men and do everything themselves
  • The ingredients on the back gave the choice of either using butter or margarine, so I had the boys use margarine because I found out that using either margarine or shortening makes sugar cookies extremely soft
  • I had to turn my head a few times to keep my son from seeing me laugh
  • It does not take a lot to make the cookies, and they taste a lot better than store bought sugar cookies

by ReadingBug

Yesterday I allowed my son to have a last minute play date with one of his friends from school. Since the play date fell on a school night, I decided to let them bake holiday cookies instead of playing with video games. I decided on the activity of baking cookies because they could apply their math skills to a fun project, but I quickly realized my idea of what a finished cookie should look like and theirs were two different things.
  • Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • The boys did not want my hands on help, but I was still in the kitchen to supervise. They wanted to feel like men and do everything themselves. I helped assemble the measuring cup and cracked the egg for them, and gave them red sprinkles to put on the cookies. The ingredients on the back gave the choice of either using butter or margarine, so I had the boys use margarine because I found out that using either margarine or shortening makes sugar cookies extremely soft.

• Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • They assembled the ingredients and mixed them together using my hand held mixer. Instead of using their hands to shape the cookies, I suggested they use a cookie scoop for better accuracy for exact size and shaping, and just like boys they completely ignored my advice and created crazy looking shapes that were uneven and disproportioned. I had to turn my head a few times to keep my son from seeing me laugh.

• Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • When all the cookies were on the baking sheet, my son and his friend applied to red sprinkles on top and then I put the baking in the oven and baked the cookies for about 10 to 15 minutes because the shape of the cookies were different sizes which required more baking time.

• Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • After the cookies finished baking they were several different sizes as I had predicted, but they tasted great. The margarine softened the cookies to the point where they were melting in my mouth. Even the following day the cookies were still soft even though we did not properly secure them in an air tight container.

• Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • I liked the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix because it was the opposite of those nasty sugar cookies sold in stores with royal icing or frosting decorations. The store purchased sugar cookies are usually dry and lack flavor, but the Betty Crocker sugar cookies were soft and full of flavor, and they were easy to make. I am pretty sure that if my son and his friend had taken my advice they could have had at least one dozen cookies, but they ended up with eight spaceships covered in red sprinkles. Even though my son�s cookies were crazy looking, he had fun making them and that is all that mattered.

If you are looking for a great sugar mix then I would recommend going to Walmart and buying a few bags of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. It does not take a lot to make the cookies, and they taste a lot better than store bought sugar cookies. You can eat them plain or decorate them, and they are a good idea if you have a baking party for kids. You can also roll out the dough to make cutouts which is what I am planning to do for Thanksgiving, and I was also going to use them to make ice cream sandwiches.

Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
Melissa says :

I love the Betty Crocker cookie dough mixes. They are so easy to make and take so few ingredients. They taste a whole lot better than the premade ones. I love to get them and let my little one help make them. Of course she tells everyone she made the cookies But, that’s okay as long as she’s enjoying herself’

ReadingBug replies :

That’s why I like to buy the Betty Crocker cookie dough mixes because it cuts down on baking time, and the cookies are so delicious especially out of the oven. It’s rare for me to have a lot of cookies left over after baking because everyone is eating them as soon as they are out of the oven.

Melissa says :

It is the same way at my house. My daughter and hubby are getting them straight off the pan and eating them. They are so worth getting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273111656750630/k2311a113/11.3.16