Gainesville FL, Rainbow Fashion Store  » Shopping  »
1206 North Main Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
  • There have been few times where I have judged a store in a bad way and was wrong about it, and Rainbow Fashion is one of those times
  • Rainbow Fashion was a few stores down, and I decided to go in because I was with a group of two other people who wanted to check out the store, and that's when the judgment kicked in
  • From the outside the clothes appear nice and casual--things I can wear daily for any occasion, but I was dead wrong
  • The store was an urban clothing store which I hate because cheap urban clothes are nothing more than tacky club wear clothes designed for juniors, and they are not appropriate for wear during the day or at night
  • Overall, Rainbow Fashion is not a bad store to shop--depending on your location

by ReadingBug

There have been few times where I have judged a store in a bad way and was wrong about it, and Rainbow Fashion is one of those times. I first came across Rainbow Fashion while I was in Ocala, FL shopping at TJ Maxx. Rainbow Fashion was a few stores down, and I decided to go in because I was with a group of two other people who wanted to check out the store, and that’s when the judgment kicked in.
  • Rainbow Fashion Store
  • From the outside the clothes appear nice and casual–things I can wear daily for any occasion, but I was dead wrong. The store was an urban clothing store which I hate because cheap urban clothes are nothing more than tacky club wear clothes designed for juniors, and they are not appropriate for wear during the day or at night. The store was a cluttered mess and I decided to exit left immediately.

• Rainbow Fashion Store
  • Fast forward a year or two later when a friend of mine wanted told me Rainbow Fashion was coming to the Main Street Plaza and with my eyebrows raised, my lips stuck out, and my head shaking to the left and the right I adamantly told her no I was not going to that store ever again. Somewhere in between her pleas and whining I told her I would go with her and she had less than five minutes to shop or I was gone.

• Rainbow Fashion Store
  • When we arrived I was looking around in disbelief because I had knew we were in the wrong strong. The Rainbow Fashion store location in Gainesville was the exact opposite of the hot mess I had formerly been in when I was in Ocala. The clothes were not ratchet and wild, the store wasn’t cluttered making it difficult to walk or breathe for that matter, and it was organized with a friendlier, helpful staff. This location was definitely not the same store I had previously been to.

• Rainbow Fashion Store
  • The clothes were actually good even though they were marked low, surprisingly good. They carry lots of midi dresses and skirts that I like, none of which has any indication of club wear at all; there are quality basics such as blouses, skirts, and cardigan sweaters. I liked how they have a great plus size section which also provides stylish and trendy clothes. I have also stocked up on a bunch of bodysuits for under $10 per bodysuit. Even though there are more quality and stylish clothes in the store, I did run across a few clothes with sayings and quotes on them which I found to be more junior for my taste.

• Rainbow Fashion Store
  • There is a lingerie section, but I would not recommend it and I don’t care how good the prices are. I purchased a bra from there just because it was on sale, and I tried it on in the dressing room to make sure it fit properly. It did so I made the purchase and went home. The next day I wore the bra and I was so aggravated by the material: It’s cheap which irritated my skin, and the padding eventually became uncomfortable as well. A bra is supposed to be soft and comfortable and this was the complete opposite. I ended up throwing the bra in the trash, but kept the panties I had purchased because those fit comfortably. There is a shoe section which is usually $20 or less depending on the style of the shoe. I have purchased sandals from there with no issues of the shoe breaking on me. I’m picky about my heels and boots which is why I don’t purchase them from the store. The selection of fashion jewelry is nice ranging from different sizes and colors. Some can be worn as every day jewelry while others are more of statement pieces. The store also carries makeup but it’s too cheap looking for myself, and I care too much about my skin and eyes to attempt using it. There is a quality handbag section, nothing expensive, but nice looking if you’re going out and need a nice clutch to put your things in. The staff is always friendly and the dressing rooms are always clean.

I may have been right about the Rainbow Fashion in Ocala being a hot mess, but the one in Gainesville is the complete opposite. The clothes are nicer, and more stylish and trendy. The store is better organized and that horrible club wear look is nowhere in the store. They offer casual every day wear that I buy all the time, especially the skirts, dresses, and blouses. I have found a few jackets that I liked, even though they are not made for long term wear, but somehow I have managed to keep the ones I purchased in good condition. The lingerie section is a no-no, except the panties because they actually fit and are comfortable to wear. I would also stay away from the makeup section. Overall, Rainbow Fashion is not a bad store to shop–depending on your location; if you know how to put together a basic outfit, then you will have no issue at finding quality pieces for under $15.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2431101656630631/k2311a1031/10.31.16