Gainesville FL, Sally Beauty Supply Store
25 NW 16 Avenue, Suite B Gainesville, FL 32601
  • Sally Beauty Supply store is one of my favorites stores to shop for my beauty and hair care needs
  • They carry a wide range of brands for every type of hair and skin, and even though the prices can be a little higher than retailers who carry similar products, Sally definitely has the best quality by far
  • I am a woman who loves false eyelashes--they bigger the better in my opinion--as long as the lashes look natural and full
  • I know the prices may be a little higher, but you can't put a price on quality

by ReadingBug

Sally Beauty Supply store is one of my favorites stores to shop for my beauty and hair care needs. They carry a wide range of brands for every type of hair and skin, and even though the prices can be a little higher than retailers who carry similar products, Sally definitely has the best quality by far.
  • Sally Beauty Supply Store
  • For as long as I can remember I have always shopped at Sally Beauty Supply, even before I was an adult. It wasn’t until I really got into makeup and skin care where I started to spend more time and money at Sally’s. I am a woman who loves false eyelashes–they bigger the better in my opinion–as long as the lashes look natural and full. One of my favorite eyelash brands carried by Sally’s is Ardell. Ardell has a variety of lashes from strips to individuals and they are all under $3. I like Ardell’s lashes because they look natural and they are easy to apply, and they have started selling lash kits where glue and tweezers are supplied. Other places tend to be more expensive or sellout quickly, which I why I like coming to Sally because they are always in stock and even if they are not on the floor, a sales associate is always willing to check the back for you. They also keep a good supply of Ardell’s glue which I like to use and it comes in either black or white. I personally don’t see a difference between the black and white adhesive glue because when it dries I don’t see the glue anyway.

• Sally Beauty Supply Store
  • Thanks to Youtube tutorials and how-to books about nail designs, I have frequented Sally a lot more for my nail polishes and other nail art supplies. At first I thought Sally was a bit expensive when it came to their nail polishes; however, when I started price comparing with other retailers, I discovered that Sally’s prices are the same as other reputable retailers selling polishes. My favorite brands they carry are China Glaze and OPI because the colors are very bold and pretty and they dry the best. Sally always keeps a rainbow stock of colors, and if I’m really lucky I can usually catch a great deal.

• Sally Beauty Supply Store
  • I’m a little so-so on the makeup because a lot of the makeup brands I like they don’t carry such as Urban Decay, MAC, NYX, etc. Those brands I either have to go to retailers such as Wal-Mart or Target, or specialty makeup stores such as Ulta and Sephora. Sally does have a nice selection of lip sticks and lip glosses, and their eye pencils are pretty good as well. Sadly, though, Sally’s brand of eyeshadows–Sally Girl–has been discontinued which was real disappointing for me because I loved the colors they had available and they were only $.99 per shadow. I didn’t find out until after the fact that the eyeshadows were being discontinued, so I only have the few left I purchased last year or so. However, I do tend to find a lot of other quality makeup brands in the clearance area which is also unfortunate because when I fall in love with them, they are no longer being stocked. The makeup area is okay if you have a particular product in mind.

• Sally Beauty Supply Store
  • Roughly about four to six months ago I started waxing myself. I find that waxing is a lot better than shaving in terms of the amount of time it takes for hair to regrow, and it can be a lot less cheaper depending on how often you have been waxing. Sally offer a variety of waxing brands from beginners to expert. Warmers, sticks, and cloths are also sold which are regular items used when waxing. I usually stay away from the experts area because that requires warming up the wax, and knowing me I would heat up the wax too long and cause myself a third degree burn or worse. I like to stick to the prewax strips because I find them easier to apply and less painful. Don’t get me wrong, there is still pain, but unlike the kind where the wax is in a warmer. My favorite brand I use is Surgi wax strips because they are the cheapest; however, I discovered that if you don’t know what you’re doing those 20 to 30 strips can quickly dwindle down to one or two. You just separate the wax strips, apply the strips to your body, rub your hand over the strip to warm up the wax, and then pull the strip from your body. I like the results I get from the prewax strips, and Sally also sells hair removal cream if you don’t like waxing. Prices vary and it can get expensive which is why I like to wait for a sale.

• Sally Beauty Supply Store
  • I have natural course hair and it is hard to find adequate hair products to properly moisturize and hydrate my hair, even when I relax it, which is why I come to Sally. Sally’s hair care can be more expensive than other retailers; however, the quality of their products is a lot better, and sometimes I can use a coupon online to save money. OPS is a brand I started using and I like it, especially their no-dye deep conditioning relaxers. I did discover that if you use too much of the daily moisturizing lotion the product will weigh down your hair which is why I had to cut back on the amount I was using. I just purchased a leave in conditioner called ORS Monoi leave in conditioner which I find to be really great for my hair. It comes a jar of 16 oz., and it’s a cream that can be used daily and for deep conditioning. I like how I have the deep conditioning option because it is essentially two products in one, and I have seen great improvements in my hair in terms of moisture and overall healthiness. The jar is $5.99 but I think it’s worth it. They carry a variety of hair care brands, even hair coloring brands, you just have to take your time and search for the product that best suits your hair care needs.

• Sally Beauty Supply Store
  • Aside from the major hair, skin, and beauty products they carry, Sally’s also sells other essentials such as hair for weaving, blow dryers, combs and brushes, sleeping and shower caps, nail art, hair color, etc. Depending on what you are looking for, the prices can either be higher or lower than other competitors, but I think it’s the quality of brands that Sally carries which makes me more inclined to pay the extra dollars.

If you are someone who loves all things beauty, skin, and hair related then I would highly recommend checking out your local Sally Beauty Supply store. They are always stocked with the best quality products, and if you wanted to buy something that is not on the floor, the sales associates are nice enough to either check their supply room or order online with no extra shipping fees. The sales associate are very knowledgeable about the products and are very helpful with choosing products that will best suit your needs. Even though a lot of women shop Sally, there is a section for men as well. Sally offers a discount card called Sally’s card, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the $5 because you don’t really save a lot unless you’re in there buying $50 or more in a single purchase. I tend to save more from their sales. I know the prices may be a little higher, but you can’t put a price on quality.

Tracey says :

re : Sally Beauty Supply store is one of my favorites stores to shop for my beauty and hair care needs
Shopping at Sally’s is always a treat. Not only do they offer a wide variety of products at competitive prices, the stores are staffed by pleasant and knowledgeable employees. I also recommend taking advantage of the discount card to maximize savings.

ReadingBug says :

I agree with you Tracey that is why I like shopping there. I attempted to use the card at one point, but I realized I was only saving on large purchase orders. Now, I just wait for a good sale to get my discounts.

quick note by anonymous :

hi how to order your beautu product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2431101656610631/k2311a1031/10.31.16