Wal-Mart Great Value Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches  » Food  »
0.5
  • I prefer the chocolate cookie on the outside, and the vanilla ice cream in the center
  • As a child it was my favorite treat to have after dinner, or if I was really good my grandmother would give me one just because
  • Big box retailers and grocery stores still offer the original chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwich, but now companies have decided to branch out with a variety of flavors, and one being Wal-Mart's brand Great Value with a new cotton candy flavor
  • I'm addicted to all things cotton candy flavored and I was happy to have the opportunity to taste the new cotton candy ice cream sandwich
  • It was just gross on every level, and I would NOT recommend this product to anyone

by ReadingBug

I’m traditional when it comes to ice cream sandwiches: I prefer the chocolate cookie on the outside, and the vanilla ice cream in the center. As a child it was my favorite treat to have after dinner, or if I was really good my grandmother would give me one just because.
  • Wal-Mart Great Value Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • Big box retailers and grocery stores still offer the original chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwich, but now companies have decided to branch out with a variety of flavors, and one being Wal-Mart’s brand Great Value with a new cotton candy flavor. I’m addicted to all things cotton candy flavored and I was happy to have the opportunity to taste the new cotton candy ice cream sandwich.

• Wal-Mart Great Value Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • The box was surprisingly quite large and came with a total of twelve ice cream sandwiches. Because I love to eat ice cream sandwiches I didn’t think the box was last more than one week, but I was sorely wrong. The box is unfortunately still in my freezer and I have not eaten one since the first one I had which was over a month or two ago.

• Wal-Mart Great Value Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • At first I was excited to try the cotton candy ice cream sandwich, and I loved the appearance of the sandwich with the cotton candy ice cream in the center and the vanilla cookies on the outside. When I went to take a bite, though, it wasn’t what I expected it to be. The cotton candy flavor was present a little, but not the way it was in other products I had tried before, especially ice cream products.

• Wal-Mart Great Value Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • The cotton candy ice cream sandwich was bland to me and failed across the board. The swirl of the ice cream was beautiful; however, the flavor and taste simply was not there, and I hated those hard pieces of cotton candy distributed throughout the ice cream. Those hard pieces were by far the worst in the ice cream, and it made it difficult for me to enjoy eating it. The hard pieces reminded me more of rock candy instead of the semi solid matter soft cotton candy turns into when it’s in your hands too long. The ice cream itself was so bad that the bland cookie didn’t even matter to me.

• Wal-Mart Great Value Cotton Candy Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • I have had cotton candy ice cream before, so I was surprised at how bad Wal-Mart’s brand was. Blue Bell makes an excellent quality of cotton candy ice cream which is why I assumed Wal-Mart’s brand would do the same, but I was sadly mistaken. The cotton candy flavor was barely noticeable, and the bits and pieces of hard cotton candy made it worse. I don’t even want to waste my breath talking about the cookie because I felt as if the vanilla didn’t pair well with the cotton candy, and the flavor was just as dull and lifeless as the cotton candy ice cream.

Overall, I wish I could stand at the highest mountain peak and scream just how bad Wal-Mart’s Great Value cotton candy ice cream sandwiches were. I appreciated the fact that 12 ice cream sandwiches came in a box, but that’s about all I appreciated about the product. The cotton candy flavor just isn’t there, and it just tastes like a cheap version of ice cream. I would have been better off buying Blue Bell’s cotton candy ice cream instead, which is what I will be doing from now on. It was just gross on every level, and I would NOT recommend this product to anyone.

isobel gray says :

re : I prefer the chocolate cookie on the outside, and the vanilla ice cream in the center
I agree with this that the original ice bars are better and its what we are used to, to change the flavor of ice cream and cookie wouldn’t be the same pir body’s would deny the taste because its something we are not used to eat.I think the chocolate cookie and vinalla ice cream in the middle is so Much better then cotton candy.

ReadingBug replies :

I definitely like the original ice cream bars as well. I love cotton candy which is why I purchased the ice cream sandwiches to begin with, but it was just nasty and I will NOT be making that mistake again.

Shayna says :

re : It was just gross on every level, and I would NOT recommend this product to anyone
I would not take a bite of those. Fake artificial sweetener gross. Regular are better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727101656560531/k2311a1027/10.27.16