Mama Cozzi Three Meat French Bread Pizza
2.5
  • It's quick and easy to prepare, and everyone is capable of fixing their own plate which is what I like best about pizza--it's self-serving
  • I'm a huge fan of buying pizza from the frozen food section because a lot of the brands are of the same quality as pizza chain restaurants such as Pizza Hut, and the best thing about them is that I pay less than half at the store than I would if I had ordered it by phone
  • Therefore, I decided to try it again just to give french pizza a fair shake
  • I figured I couldn't go wrong with a two pack french bread for under $2, and even if I didn't like it I would not have wasted a lot of money on them
  • It's a two pack pizza which isn't bad for under $2, but I think I will stick to my dough pizzas

by ReadingBug

Pizza in general is one those foods that is both comforting and a guilty pleasure all in one. It’s quick and easy to prepare, and everyone is capable of fixing their own plate which is what I like best about pizza–it’s self-serving.
  • Mama Cozzi Three Meat French Bread Pizza
  • I’m a huge fan of buying pizza from the frozen food section because a lot of the brands are of the same quality as pizza chain restaurants such as Pizza Hut, and the best thing about them is that I pay less than half at the store than I would if I had ordered it by phone. I previously had the opportunity to try french style pizza and I was so-so about it, and I don’t know if it was the brand of pizza and the quality of the pizza all together. Therefore, I decided to try it again just to give french pizza a fair shake.

• Mama Cozzi Three Meat French Bread Pizza
  • I decided to go with Mama Cozzi’s three meat french bread pizza from Aldi’s grocery store because it was the cheapest of all of the french bread pizzas I had come across, and it looked the most appetizing. I figured I couldn’t go wrong with a two pack french bread for under $2, and even if I didn’t like it I would not have wasted a lot of money on them.

• Mama Cozzi Three Meat French Bread Pizza
  • Each pizza is individually wrapped and is about the length of a 6 inch sub sandwich. The instructions told me to bake the pizza for about 20-25 minutes, and I ended up baking it for the full 25 minutes because I wanted to make sure the pizza would cook through. I probably should have baked it for less time because at the full 25 minutes mark, the bread was hard and made eating the pizza not very enjoyable. The first pizza bread ending up going to waste.

• Mama Cozzi Three Meat French Bread Pizza
  • The second time I prepared the pizza bread I only baked it for 20 minutes. At the 20 minutes mark, I found the bread to be softer and edible, which made eating the pizza the second time around more enjoyable. The pizza sauce was good, it wasn’t heavy and the toppings were okay, I just wished there was more pepperoni. Overall the pizza was okay, but it’s not something I would want to try again. I prefer the taste of dough pizza instead.

• Mama Cozzi Three Meat French Bread Pizza
  • It’s hard to say whether or not I would recommend this type of pizza because it’s all about people’s preferences. After tasting this bread pizza, I have come to the conclusion that I much prefer the taste of dough pizza instead. So, if you are someone who likes dough pizza then I’m not sure this french bread pizza would be right for you; if you are someone who likes bread pizza then this type of pizza would be perfect for you. Even though I chose to review the three meat pizza, Cozzi’s brand offers a variety of toppings to choose from.

Overall, the Cozzi french bread pizza was okay. It wasn’t the best pizza I’ve had and it wasn’t the worst either. It was simply okay. The toppings were fine, nothing unique about them; however, I would have preferred more pepperoni and the bacon tasted more like diced pepperoni. You have to be careful about the cooking times because cooking it too long for the max time will make the bread hard. It’s a two pack pizza which isn’t bad for under $2, but I think I will stick to my dough pizzas.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727101656550531/k2311a1027/10.27.16