A Simply Unforgettable Party Shop
2630 NW 13 Street, Gainesville, FL
  • The only other help area was the balloons, and I thought it was crazy to have just one person in the section considering how massive the wall of balloons was
  • Unfortunately, they didn't have a race car costume, so I ended up settling for the Luigi costume
  • The store wasn't bad at all and I even found some inspiration for future parties, but they have to get it together with the customer service

by ReadingBug

It’s almost Halloween and I’m just now shopping for a Halloween costume for my son. Personally, I’m done with dressing up for Halloween since graduating from college, but my son is still young and enjoys the idea of being someone else for a day.
  • A Simply Unforgettable Party Shop
  • The Simply Unforgettable Party Shop was one of many costume shops I went searching for a Halloween costume. It’s located on 13th street and has been there for years, but I vaguely remember going in there once. It’s a nice size store and clutter free, but I hated the location of the register because it was off to the right side of the entrance and about two feet from the wall. There was no real organization to the line because people were able to line up on either side. The only other help area was the balloons, and I thought it was crazy to have just one person in the section considering how massive the wall of balloons was.

• A Simply Unforgettable Party Shop
  • There were a total of four people on staff, which I found to be extremely aggravating once I need help from a sales associate. I ended up going to the register to wait in line to ask for help with costumes, and she tells me with a straight face someone should be there as if I walked up there for my health. Even though she could have called to officially check to make sure someone was back there, she didn’t so to prevent a scene I went back to the costume area. The wall of costumes was massive and had everything from scary costumes to television characters. Unfortunately, they didn’t have a race car costume, so I ended up settling for the Luigi costume. The sales associate for costumes was pleasant and helpful.

• A Simply Unforgettable Party Shop
  • The store is similar to Party City in terms of themed parties and all the extra party stuff to go along with the party. There were cups, plates, and utensils in every color if you already knew your color scheme, and licensed merchandise for kids, teenagers, and adults. There were party supplies for baby and wedding showers as well. The main things I noticed were missing were greeting cards and candy and party favors that usually accompany, which is what I like best about either hosting or attending a party.

• A Simply Unforgettable Party Shop
  • Compared to other party shops I found this one to be a little cheaper, but not by much unless I add in the 30% off I received on my costume purchase. The downside to this store is there was no dressing rooms that I could see to try on costumes. On one hand that was good because the costume I purchased was brand new, and on the other hand if the costume didn’t fit I would be stuck with it because I purchased it on sale, and the size I needed may not be available.

• A Simply Unforgettable Party Shop
  • Besides costumes, I noticed there was Thanksgiving decor in the back. It could be used for a party, or solely for home decorating. I was actually shocked to see anything Thanksgiving related because America has bypassed the holiday and go straight to Christmas. My only wish was they had more Thanksgiving decorations that was unique given it is a party store; the decorations I saw was something I could easily get from a discount store less.

All in all, it wasn’t a bad store, just lacking a few party necessities and better costumer service. I don’t have a problem waiting in line, but that store could use an extra register or two, and if the sales associates are not going to use their radios, what’s the purpose of having them? Also they need more staff because it really is a pain to have to run down a sales associate for help. The store wasn’t bad at all and I even found some inspiration for future parties, but they have to get it together with the customer service.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2426101656520231/k2311a1026/10.26.16