Gainesville FL Marshalls Discount Store
3965 Plaza Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608
  • Every area was clearly marked and organized, and I was able to navigate my way through the store
  • The only issue I had was how cramped the aisles were when it was busy, other than that, it's pretty easy to get around during slow times
  • I love my high heels and I noticed the store was severally lacking in that department
  • The boots selections were okay, again, I like my heels and I ended up seeing more riding boots than anything
  • They are hard to find but they adult clothes do exist if you look hard enough

by ReadingBug

Marshalls is a discount retailer that just opened in Gainesville August 2016. I’m so glad to have a Marshalls closer to home because I used to have to drive to Jacksonville, FL just to shop there. At the grand opening I received a free Marshalls shopping bag and I won a lunch box. I was grateful to win the lunch box, but I would have been happier to win a $10 gift card they were giving out.
  • Marshalls Discount Store
  • Because TJ Maxx is the parent company of Marshalls, I wasn’t surprised at the similar floor plan. Every area was clearly marked and organized, and I was able to navigate my way through the store. The only issue I had was how cramped the aisles were when it was busy, other than that, it’s pretty easy to get around during slow times.

• Marshalls Discount Store
  • I found the shoe department to be okay. I love my high heels and I noticed the store was severally lacking in that department; however, the sandal selection is great and I purchased a few by Michael Kors. The boots selections were okay, again, I like my heels and I ended up seeing more riding boots than anything. I wasn’t really excited about the selection of shoes for children. My son wears a size 6.5 and I didn’t find a style of sneakers he would enjoy wearing. The overall prices of the shoes are budget friendly, but their selection of shoes were very limited to me.

• Marshalls Discount Store
  • I love the home department at Marshalls because I always find quality home goods and housewares for next to nothing. Even though they sell year round home decor, I especially love when the holidays rolls around because I find a lot of themed items to decorate with. For example, I like to decorate my dining room table for every season and holidays, and recently I was able to buy Halloween themed plates, cups, and napkins. I didn’t find a lot of Thanksgiving home decor, but I did find a red Christmas plush throw for m living room sofa. I also purchased a set of blue and white measuring cups for under $3. Marshalls carry a lot of brand name cookware and bakeware, and I try to be on the lookout for KitchenAid products because they are the best to have and I know I won’t find it cheaper anywhere else. I also discovered I have to be a fast buyer when it comes to buying things out of the home department because it will be gone in an instant, and Marshalls never restock the same merchandise twice.

• Marshalls Discount Store
  • I have a love and hate relationship with Marshalls lingerie department because they carry a lot of brand names, my favorite being Maidenform because their bras are comfortable; however, if you’re not in the store when they open or on days when they receive their shipments, you miss out on your size. I’m a 34d in bras and at times it can be a nightmare to find 34d bras because their either sold out or a brand skips over the size completely. Sometimes I am lucky to manage to find one bra let alone a couple. The underwear selection is great and not bad for $8 or less.

• Marshalls Discount Store
  • I also have a love and hate relationship with the apparel department because it seems to cater more to the young adults category. I’m only 30 and I can get a at with wearing the majority of the clothes they carry, but I don’t choose to continue to dress like an adolescent because I am an adult woman and I like to dress as such. The clothes overall are too young, but I do find a lot of separates such as dress, jackets, pants, blouses, and skirts. They are hard to find but they adult clothes do exist if you look hard enough.

Overall, Marshalls is just like any other store: it has its pluses and minuses. The discounts are there if you know where to look, and they do offer quality brand names in excellent condition. The children’s area is okay, but the men’s section is excellent in what they provide in terms of everything from shoes to clothes and more. The home department is also excellent with a lot of options to choose from. The main areas that need to worked on are shoes, lingerie, and women’s apparel. Those sections desperately need more options.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2426101656500231/k2311a1026/10.26.16