Augmentin (Rx)  » Medicine  »
  • After 3 days of taking this medicine, I can already see that the color of my urine has improved and the pain is gone while urinating

• by chubbies
      We all know that women are more prone of having a Urinary Tract Infection because Urinary Tract of women is shorter than men. I have suffered several bouts of UTI and most of them attacked at midnight

causing me some chills and fever.

When I have a UTI, my doctor always gave me the Augmentin tablet as the bacteria in my urine is still sensitive to it.

Cost?

To be honest, this medicine is ...

• quite an expensive in our country (Philippines).

Effectiveness?

This medicine costs more but this is one of the most effective medicine for UTI I’ve taken.

After 3 days of taking this medicine, I can already see that

the color of my urine has improved and the pain is gone while urinating.

Side Effects?

I haven’t felt any side effects after taking this medicine.

But to be safe, always make sure that your stomach is full enough before taking any kind of medicine.

Augmentin (Rx)
    Rengie says :

what should i do to cure the pain in my vagina?because every time i suffer a pain in my vagina and it has a white sticky something that has come out in my vagina.

Galega says :

The best thing you can do in this case is to contact a doctor. Keeping your private part clean is also important. But, let your OBGyne first diagnose the basic reason behind pain in your private part. That isn’t normal, even while some white and sticky liquid is coming out.

Rengie says :

was INOFLOX is for urinary tract infection?

Galega says :

Inflox is ofloxacin which is a very good antibiotic.

Urinary Tract Infection occurs because of bacterial infection. You need antibacterial medicine to treat that infection.

That is why Ofloxacin is used in the treatment of UTI.

valli says :

I got fever of high temperature nearly 38.8 degree and chill. Whenever i go for urine i feel a burning sensation.I thought it might be because of flu.Within a day,my back pain started.Later my urine colour changes,i can see blood in my urine.I thought i got my periods.Im tired.M y temperature has not been reduced.we went to emergency hospital and we consult.The doctor tested my urine sample and he said that i`m having UTI.He prescribed me to to take paraceptamol to reduce the temperature and he gave Augmentin 625 to take for a week.He ask me to consult a GP after the course is completed.Can my UTI ll be cured by Augmentin?

Galega says :

Yes, UTI can be cured by Augmentin. It is in fact widely used for this issue.

You should stick with the prescription of your doctor. After one week, again go for urine culture test and I am sure your test will be good.

However, you may need to take this medicine for longer period of time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262005165640231/k2311a0520/5.20.07