Wudy Ketchup, frankfurters by Aia Food  » Food  »
2.0
  • I like Ketchup and I like Wudy frankfurters so it was a win-win situation
  • I think that it was very original to fill a sausage with ketchup but I must admit that I would prefer if a different type of ketchup was used, a better one
  • My boyfriend finds the 3 piece pack perfect because he likes sausages very much but I must admit that when I eat them by myself I always struggle with the third one
  • Although the indented parts are on both sides of the wrapping it is not really possible to open them just by pulling the dents apart, like for example snickers wrappings
  • I know there is chicken and turkey meat in it but still all the other stuff in them makes them unhealthy

by 7hereviewer

When it comes to breakfast I usually eat cereals or something fast. I rarely skip it because if I do then later I feel hungry but since I started living with my boyfriend at least once a month, usually during the weekend, we indulge in Wudy frankfurters in the morning. We both like the version with cheese but about six months ago we saw a great sale of Wudy cheese frankfurters and we bought a lot of them so we had to eat them often because the expiring date was rather close so we kinda got fed up with them and stopped buying them. Then about a week ago I saw that Wudy frankfurters with Ketchup were on sale and I just could not resist them. I like Ketchup and I like Wudy frankfurters so it was a win-win situation.
  • Wudy Ketchup, frankfurters by Aia Food
  • The Wudy frankfurters with Ketchup are wrapped in a standard Wudy frankfurter plastic wrapping with the picture of the product on the front side, just the colour of the boards is not yellow but red. That I actually what attracted me to isle where they were, I have never seen red Wudy before. I am quite sure that this is not something that this Italian food giant just came up with but I never came across it before. I think that it was very original to fill a sausage with ketchup but I must admit that I would prefer if a different type of ketchup was used, a better one.

• Wudy Ketchup, frankfurters by Aia Food
  • Each package holds 150g of product or 3 sausages and when I was alone I would never buy them because 150g was too much for me for single meal so I always ended up stuffing myself with the third one and feeling loaded. My boyfriend finds the 3 piece pack perfect because he likes sausages very much but I must admit that when I eat them by myself I always struggle with the third one. I do not want to throw it away, or store it for later, because I rarely eat sausages two days in a row.

• Wudy Ketchup, frankfurters by Aia Food
  • The opening of the wrapping seems much easier than it actually is. Although the indented parts are on both sides of the wrapping it is not really possible to open them just by pulling the dents apart, like for example snickers wrappings. The plastic is quite thick and it requires scissors or knife to make the initial cut, but after you make that first one than you can pull the wrapping on each side and it will come apart.

• Wudy Ketchup, frankfurters by Aia Food
  • The portion of a sausage and a half is just perfect for me, because it does not make me feel stuffed and I actually desire a few bites more so I do not get fed up with them, but it kinda leaves me desiring more. I usually eat frankfurters with ketchup and mayonnaise but as I was eating this version for the first time I just wanted to try them as they were, with no additions.

• Wudy Ketchup, frankfurters by Aia Food
  • To tell you the truth, you cannot really taste the ketchup. It is kind a blend. It is not that there is not a lot of ketchup in the sausage itself because if you squeeze them, as you can see on the photo, ketchup comes out, but I guess its flavour is not very strong. I am used to eating hot ketchup so I would prefer if these sausages were spicier but even just a bit more intensive taste would do the trick. I even tasted the ketchup without the sausage and I was not very impressed. I ended up adding some mayonnaise to the frankfurter to see if I would like it better and I did but then it tasted like regular Wudy frankfurter eaten with some mayo.

I like this product because it is very easy and fast to cook; the difference with the cheese version is quite big because while the cheese takes over in taste, ketchup kinda gets lost in the mixture with the turkey-chicken meat. They are done in three minutes and they can be boiled, fried or even grilled. The meat is a bit darker than that of other Wudy sausages and it is a bit more rubbery. I liked to see that while I was cutting them ketchup was coming out and that their shape did not change much after cooking them.

The sausage does not gain much in diameter when it is cooked. I am really happy because of it because I really do not like those sausages that get really fat when cooked. These ones are approximately two centimeters in diameter.

I do not know what I was expecting from this product but I must admit I was a bit disappointed by it. I mean, they taste OK, and it was good to change and try something new but I really do not think I will buy them again. I have read a few reviews about these sausages and mostly people say that the amount of ketchup inside is not enough but I do not agree with that. I think that the amount of ketchup is just perfect but its taste is not that great. These frankfurters are a bit more caloric that the regular type and there is a bunch of additives (those dreadful Es with numbers, like E221 which is a preservative that can provoke headaches, skin disorders, upset intestine or destroy Vitamins B5, B6, B12) in them so I really do not think they are healthy. I know there is chicken and turkey meat in it but still all the other stuff in them makes them unhealthy. Considering the fact that I do not really find their taste to be delicious or irresistible, and for me to eat unhealthy food it really has to be tasty, I think I will be able to restrain myself from buying them again even when I find them on a great discount.

Shayna Resnick says :

re : I know there is chicken and turkey meat in it but still all the other stuff in them makes them unhealthy
I think that there are better brands out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276101656230731/k2311a106/10.6.16