Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier solo head Guitar Amplifier
  • I tried it with different guitars and different pickups and it has never disappointed me
  • The Ibanez are more metal sounding guitars so with the pickups like DiMarzios and Seymour Duncans it sounds pretty amazing
  • I never had any worries that the amplifier would break down and let me hanging, and I never ever had any backup amp for that matter
  • I mainly play metal so I dwell in the distortion channel and pretty much always on the modern option because that one is the most aggressive of the presented three So the Single Rectifier can deliver all the sounds I ever wanted and beyond
  • Do not hesitate and buy it because this is the best amp in its category

by guitarhero83

The Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier is an awesome amplifier for playing more aggressive type of music like metal. The amplifier is quite versatile so although my personal opinion is the aforementioned, hard rock, rock and blues can also be played with this amplifier and the sounds are pretty awesome and concrete. I tried it with different guitars and different pickups and it has never disappointed me.
  • Single Rectifier Guitar Amplifier
  • The guitars I tried with it are mainly Ibanez guitars and Fender Stratocaster. The Ibanez are more metal sounding guitars so with the pickups like DiMarzios and Seymour Duncans it sounds pretty amazing. With the Stratocaster you want to go with a more organic and blues/rock driven sound and with the Stratocasters stock pickups, it sounds good.

The Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier works quite well with the effect pedals put in front of it and also in the effects loop of the amplifier. I tried different kind of overdrives in front of it and they sound quite nice with the distortion that the amplifier provides. The effects loop is handling the effect pedals and the multi effect processors also nicely. So regarding using any modulation or overdrive effects with this amplifier, it sure is recommended and it does not alter the main sound of the amplifier in any way.

• Single Rectifier Guitar Amplifier
  • The quality of the amplifier in terms of construction is awesome. It is solid like a rock and built for heavy touring and can endure all kinds of venues and transportation. I never had any worries that the amplifier would break down and let me hanging, and I never ever had any backup amp for that matter. The Single Rectifier is also more lighter regarding the weight than the dual and the triple rectifier amplifiers but delivers the same sound so if You are looking for a lighter amp with the same capabilities for smaller venues, the Single Rectifier is an awesome choice.

• Single Rectifier Guitar Amplifier
  • Let me break down the options on the Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier; there are two main channels, clean and distortion. The clean channel has inside of it two options: clean and pushed, and the distortion channel has in it three options: raw, vintage and modern. So the options inside the two main channels are really big and there is a big palette of sounds to be discovered. I mainly play metal so I dwell in the distortion channel and pretty much always on the modern option because that one is the most aggressive of the presented three

• Single Rectifier Guitar Amplifier
  • So the Single Rectifier can deliver all the sounds I ever wanted and beyond. It can deliver from crystal clear to blues to hard rock/metal high gain. With all of my guitars I was able to dial killer distortion tones, and pretty cool cleans. An important thing to mention is that the amplifier is quite loud so do not get fooled by the 50 watts and think that those are not enough. For smaller venues and clubs the Single Rectifier is more than enough.

• Single Rectifier Guitar Amplifier
  • I have been playing for almost twenty years now. I have it for at least eight and still is awesome when I play metal, but recently I have been playing my Laney and my JMP-1 Marshall a lot because I am more into those kind of sounds lately. That is why I am giving it a 9 rating, I think it will please anyone with a simple setup like most young people that play straight metal that will just use the distortion (modern) channel with a couple of effects in front of it. This is an amazing amp and in my opinion, the best value for the price you can get. Not just for the price, but for the sound. Anyway, you can not really compare this to other amplifiers because Mesa Boogie is in a league of its own. I would just like to thank and congratulate everyone at Mesa for a job well done. Regarding the tubes, it is a tube amp, so the tubes are going to blow one day. Seems very solidly constructed with no rattles when you move it , unlike some other amplifiers which I always gave to specialized people in music shops. On this amp the process is pretty straight - forward and anyone who changes the tubes should not have any problems

If I was forced to choose between Mesa and other high gain amps, I would choose Mesa Boogie because I can get so many sounds that others can not deliver. I can not think of anything I dislike about the Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier solo head.

Do not hesitate and buy it because this is the best amp in its category.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164101656200831/k2311a104/10.4.16