Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece  » Restaurants  »
Pachia Ammos Beach, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Today I am going to tell you about my experience at the Pachia Ammos restaurant, in Samothraki Island, Greece
  • The regular price for renting a sunbed was always 5 to 10 euros per day, which I think is pretty expensive considering that you have nothing included in the price
  • It goes very well with the other dishes and I have to admit that I have eaten at every single meal this salad, because I like it very much
  • Hope this review was helpful and see you on the next one

by Oana Andreea

Hello!

Today I am going to tell you about my experience at the Pachia Ammos restaurant, in Samothraki Island, Greece.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • This particular restaurant is the only one restaurant that you will find on Pachia Ammos beach. Pachia Ammos is the most beautiful beach of this island, mainly because of its gold sand and clear water. But as you might now by now, Greece generally has beautiful beaches, with very clean water in which is just a pleasure to relax.

This beach is situated in the south part of the island, just where the road ends. The road to it is very nice, on the mountain, and back to sea level, up and down the hills, with a beautiful view of the sea on the right and of the mountains on the left.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • The beach is pretty big and it is not at all crowded. The sunbeds are mostly occupied by noon, so if you want a little bit of shade you should come before 12pm. You do not have to pay for the sunbeds, just order a coffee, a juice or some refreshments from the bar and you can have a sunbed with umbrella. I liked this a lot because on other beaches that I have visited along the years I did not see anywhere this. The regular price for renting a sunbed was always 5 to 10 euros per day, which I think is pretty expensive considering that you have nothing included in the price.

Here are some prices from the bar: coffee 3 euro, beer 3-4 euro, orange juice 4 euro, cola, Fanta or sprite 3 euro, cappuccino 4 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • The restaurant is like a beach restaurant. Nothing fancy or luxurious, just a restaurant with a few products, with a few tables, facing the beach and the sea. We have eaten there about 4 times in our vacation and always the food was great. They might not have many products in their menu, but they have fresh fish to choose from.

I will start the presentation of the food with a traditional Greek salad. It has fresh onions, tomato, green peppers, olives and cheese with Greek spices. It goes very well with the other dishes and I have to admit that I have eaten at every single meal this salad, because I like it very much. Price 5 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Next we have a tzatziki salad, another traditional dish. It is made from yogurt with garlic, cucumber and spices. Also very good to be eaten with fried potatoes or bread. Price 3 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Next we have an eggplant salad with tomato, parsley and onion. It is a good appetizer to start your meal with. In the first day we have eaten an eggplant salad with tahini, which we afterwards find out that it was bought, not made by the restaurant. I must confess that I liked more the first eggplant salad, with tahini, but I think that depends on your personal taste. Price 3 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • In the next photo we have a spicy fresh cheese salad. It is grated fresh cheese mixed with a very spicy sauce. If you are not a fan of spicy food you should avoid this one because it is very hot. We have served it with bread and fried potatoes, but it was still very spicy. Price 3 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Now let me present you something else than appetizers. The thing that I liked most was the fried calamari. One pretty big calamari, fresh and fried on the spot. Served with a leaf of salad and lemon, it was just perfect. The calamari was very soft and almost melted in your mouth. I am a fan of calamari rings and I was a little bit disappointed when I got the plate with the whole creature, but I was surprised to see how good and delicious it was. We found this dish in the first day and we came 4 times more just to eat calamari there. We have also tried calamari in other restaurant from the island, but this was the best and if you ever visit Samothraki, you should totally go there to eat one. Price 9 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • In the next photo we have fried eggplant served with tzatziki. A very tasty combination and the eggplant very well done. A little bit crispy on the edge and soft in the middle. This is a good dish for those of you how are vegetarians. Price 6 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Next we have a pork stake with fried potatoes. I must admit that I have eaten better stakes, because this was too well done and the meat a little bit stiff. The fries was good, but considering that everyone can do fries, I was not at all impressed. Do not forget that this is a fish tavern first of all, and that they do not make such good recipes with the meat. Price 8 euro.

• Pachia Ammos Restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • The last photo is a chicken steak with potatoes. The chicken was much softer than the pork steak, so if you do not eat fish and want some meat you can choose this one. Price 8 euro.

Fresh water is given for free at any restaurant, but this is not the case here. The restaurant has big bottles of water, at 1.5 liters, that costs 1.5 euro. It is not expensive, but you should know this. Also, every restaurant from the island gives you bread without asking you if you want any or not. The price is between 0.5 and 0.8 euro per person. So if you see something weird on the bill this is it. Also, do not expect for a receipt, because the restaurant are not giving them. And all the bills are written by hand, in greek, making them very hard to read. The total however will be very visible.

So those are the foods we have tried there and I would totally recommend this restaurant if you ever visit Samothraki island. Hope this review was helpful and see you on the next one!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728091656070330/k2311a0928/9.28.16