Fengari restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece  » Restaurants  »
Chora village, 680 02, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • But even with those small “problems” the restaurant is full of people all the time
  • We have tried a few and this is what I think
  • And we wanted to try something else, because tzatziki was too common
  • Those were made with garlic and something fresh and green (maybe parsley or dill), which gave them a good taste
  • Maybe it is because of the views, because of the intimacy or because of the dishes, but this restaurant was one of my favorite from the island

by Oana Andreea

Hi, This time I will review a small restaurant, Fengari, situated in the village of Chora, Samothraki Island, Greece.
  • Fengari restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • First of all you should know that this is a small restaurant, located on the top of a building. As Chora is built on the cliffs, you will have a beautiful view of the sea and the rest of the village. It is a quiet place to spend a night out and enjoy the sightseen.

If you are looking for a restaurant with a lot of choices and meals in the menu, do not come here. They serve only appetizers and things that are already cooked in the kitchen. They have a menu, but they do not have always the same dishes every day. But even with those small “problems” the restaurant is full of people all the time.

The waiter knows just a little bit of English, but he can explain what are the few dishes served there. We have tried a few and this is what I think!

• Fengari restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • In the first picture we have a potato salad with carrots and some sauce. It is a perfect starter for a small meal. I must confess that I did not see this particular salad in any other menu on the island. And we wanted to try something else, because tzatziki was too common.

• Fengari restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Next we have some chicken meatballs. Those were made with garlic and something fresh and green (maybe parsley or dill), which gave them a good taste. Although I always serve my meatballs hot and with sauce, those cold meatballs were actually good.

• Fengari restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Next we have some anchovies. The price for this is around 5 euros, which I think is a little bit high considering the amount. Do not think that we have eaten a lot and then taken the picture. That was all the fish that the restaurant gave us. And I realize that anchovies are expensive, but they should present the plate in some other way, because it gives you the impression that it’s empty.

• Fengari restaurant, Samothraki Island, Greece
  • Next we have some salad with dry bread, olive oil, tomato, onion and fresh cheese. I didn’t expect much from the salad, but I was surprised to see how good it was. The dry bread was softened by the oil and with a little bit of salt and pepper it was perfect.

We also tried the local wine that was delicious. I must confess that I drink only red or rose wines and only semi sweet. This wine was a little bit to alcoholic for my taste, but it was very sweet and good. It was a perfect match for the rest of the meals.

The whole meal costs no more than 25 euros per couple. It is not a big mount, but considering that we had only appetizers you might think it is a lot.

Maybe it is because of the views, because of the intimacy or because of the dishes, but this restaurant was one of my favorite from the island. Remember, if you want to eat something hot, go to another restaurant. This is more like a terrace with some appetizers.

Hope my review was helpful. See you next time!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 728091656050330/k2311a0928/9.28.16