Artists of Then, Now & Forever - Forever Country (2016 Song)  » Music  »
  • Even though I live in a country far from America, I still admit that I am a really big country music fan
  • I know it's kind of the folk song local to the United States, but there's something about country music that I really love
  • It's kind of sad that she chased success and abandoned her roots but I don't blame her, who doesn't want the spotlight
  • It's so rare to see the artists you adore so much get together to create one beautiful song that's a mash-up of some of my favorite country songs ever
  • The music video is also weird, it's purely green screen, I wish they had the effort to actually shoot in real locations because a look of the countryside would be perfect for this

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

Even though I live in a country far from America, I still admit that I am a really big country music fan. I know it’s kind of the “folk” song local to the United States, but there’s something about country music that I really love. I don’t know if it’s about the guitars, laid-back production, chill vocals or the storytelling or in fact all of these that made me in love with the genre, but I know that country music is mostly beautiful.

It was Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift that really made me dig country music, at least during the time when Swift was still making country music. It’s kind of sad that she chased success and abandoned her roots but I don’t blame her, who doesn’t want the spotlight? Ever since then I discovered a lot of country musicians such as Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Lady

Antebellum, Chris Stapleton and Kacey Musgraves. Their music are really unique, and for someone like me who lives in the Philippines where pop music is very dominant, songs like theirs are very refreshing to hear.

So when I heard that most of the country music royalties made a collaboration for the 50th anniversary of Country Music Association I immediately listened to the song, and the first time I heard it I got some really good goosebumps. It’s so rare to see the artists you adore so much get together to create one beautiful song that’s a mash-up of some of my favorite country songs ever.

The song is called Forever Country, it’s a medley of John Denver’s highly popular classic, the West Virginia state song that I’m sure everyone must have heard of at least once “Take Me Home, Country Roads”; as well as Willie Nelson’s country classic that’s really great on roadtrips “On the Road Again”; and of course perhaps the most recognizable of them all thanks to Whitney Houston, the popular “I Will Always Love You”; to blend into one coherent whimsical piece of country music. I don’t know about you or anyone else for the matter of liking country music but if you give this song a listen I’m pretty sure you’ll say it’s indeed a very beautiful piece of music.

There are so many country artists featured in this song, they are collectively known as “Artists of Then, Now & Forever”. Some of the big names attached are Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Faith Hill, Reba McEntire, Martina McBride, Blake Shelton, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, and of course Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton whose songs are used here. The only complain here is that everyone has only to ...

• Artists of Then, Now & Forever - Forever Country (2016 Song)
      sing a line or two. I wish there were more from everyone involved but they are so many in number that it is impossible. Still, they succeed in their purpose to create a very nostalgic song as a tribute to the past and a reminder for the present that indeed, country music is alive and is here to stay.

There’s no definite part that I could choose as a favorite because everything is perfect. The choice of music is really great. When I listened for the first time though, Carrie Underwood’s entrance was really weird. The production takes a sudden change which differs from the beginning and middle part of the song. However, once I know what to expect during that part, I don’t have problems with it anymore.

The production is one thing to adore here too. It kept the nostalgic feels of the originals while trying to keep the

whole song modern. It’s like reworking the old songs so that this modern generation could appreciate it more. And I think they succeed with that.

The music video is also weird, it’s purely green screen, I wish they had the effort to actually shoot in real locations because a look of the countryside would be perfect for this. Other than that, there’s no greater glory than seeing all these great artists work together for something really good.

All in all, this song is a testimony that country music is really great. These artists, from the past to the future will carry the torch of country music that will forever remain lighted. In a world full of unnecessary noise from electronic and pop music, it’s finally good to hear something so sincere and raw. There’s so much more to country music but if you want to hear what it’s like, then listen to this one.

Andrew Leither says :

This was really good song and interesting video.

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

Yup. The video has some real country feels too haha

Riza Joyce Barredo says :

re : It’s so rare to see the artists you adore so much get together to create one beautiful song that’s a mash-up of some of my favorite country songs ever
I love country songs, its makes you relax, take all the stress the pain the burden in life.

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

You said it all, they make me relaxed indeed. And the stories are great to hear too.

Edna Burudi says :

re : Even though I live in a country far from America, I still admit that I am a really big country music fan
Country music is really nice. It soothes the mind. My parents say that this is the best type of music to listen to and I agree. Whenever I listen to country music I feel great

MFreakz says :

I’ve to secretly admit that I do love some country music too but I generally prefers soul or jazzy stuffs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1426091656020630/k2311a0926/9.26.16