Ikarion Hotel, Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece  » Hotels  »
Agios Kirykos, 83300, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • Hello, I would very much want to tell you how was my experience at Ikarion Hotel, in the village of Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • The price was more than ok for the conditions and the breakfast
  • Every morning we would stay on the balcony watching the sea, and then eat a little breakfast, after swim a bit, lunch, again sunbathing, shower and dinner until late in night at our favorite restaurant

by Oana Andreea

Hello,

I would very much want to tell you how was my experience at Ikarion Hotel, in the village of Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece.

Ikaria is a beautiful island, situated pretty far away from the mainland. You will take a ferry for about 7 hours from Piraues, Athens to reach this island. Here is a review on the ferry as well.

• Ikarion Hotel, Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • So let’s talk a bit about the hotel. It is situated right on the beach. You practically exit the hotel and in a few steps reach the sand. It is situated in a very small village, Therma, close to the capital of the island Agios Kirikos.

It is a small 3 level building with a few rooms on every floor. It seemed like a family business, and the owner, a very nice lady, was always there (probably because she lives there). The owner doesn’t know English, so it’s pretty hard to get along with her, but we managed to communicate through signs and it was ok. I liked the fact that occasionally she would serve us with a traditional drink, with a few nuts or olives. It was so nice from her part!

• Ikarion Hotel, Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • The hotel had a elevator which we never used. We were accommodated at the second level and had sea view, which we didn’t pay extra for. Regarding the prices, we paid 250 euros for 7 nights for the entire room and we had also breakfast included. The price was more than ok for the conditions and the breakfast.

• Ikarion Hotel, Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • About the breakfast, it was not very big or various. Tea, coffee, milk, two or three pastries, bread, local cheese and olives and some meat. It was ok for a morning start, but after a couple of hours we would get hungry and eat again at local restaurants. What I did love was the terrace where we’ve eaten our breakfast every morning. It was situated at the third floor, facing the sea.

You should know that the hotel offers only breakfast and no other type of meal. There are nearby a few restaurant where you can eat really well.

• Ikarion Hotel, Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • The room was very clean, with two separate beds which you could move to make a big one, with balcony, a table, 2 chairs, a mirror, tv and bathroom. I confess that I didn’t even turn on the tv because I was all the time on the balcony, at the restaurant or just relaxing on the beach. The bathroom is a little small, but it’s overall ok considering the price and the rest of the room.

Every morning we would stay on the balcony watching the sea, and then eat a little breakfast, after swim a bit, lunch, again sunbathing, shower and dinner until late in night at our favorite restaurant.

• Ikarion Hotel, Therma, Ikaria Island, Greece
  • The hotel doesn’t have any parking, but you can park the car in the street without any problem. We haven’t seen any police during our stay so I don’t think you’ll get a parking fine.

This was my review, hope it was helpful. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to ask me and I will do my best answering you all.

quick note by anonymous :

Incredible hospitality, they clean it every day and whatever you ask they will do i with smiling . Mrs tenia is like our mom , she will feed you with many special products, she will tell you stories about the island and give you opportunity to expand your business, even you are on vacations. Finally. Therma is the paradise in ikaria .

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 216091655960630/k2311a0916/9.16.16