EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • I purchased this EShine Home Button Assembly to replace the original home button on an Iphone 6s Plus
  • The issue was that the button would get stuck, which would cause it not to work at times
  • I was pleased with the price at only $11.99, which to me was a bargain
  • To add context I should mention that the home button is located underneath the screen
  • If you're in the market for one, I would definitely recommend it

by Jules Li

I purchased this EShine Home Button Assembly to replace the original home button on an Iphone 6s Plus. The issue was that the button would get stuck, which would cause it not to work at times. Altogether, it took me about 45 minutes to install the new part. The installation was a bit challenging, but if you have the time, it’s not an impossible task.
  • EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • I purchased this particular EShine Home Button Assembly from Amazon.com. I was pleased with the price at only $11.99, which to me was a bargain. It looks like, and has the same quality as the oem home button. The only disappointing aspect for me is that it does not have the Touch ID feature as the original. After I got it installed, I went to use the Touch ID, and there was an error. With that being said, I later confirmed that it is an Apple feature that prevents the Touch ID from working after the Home Button has been replaced, so it’s not necessarily a limitation of this particular product.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • After the part was delivered, I had to get it installed. To add context I should mention that the home button is located underneath the screen. I had to start by removing the LCD to get to the home button. Removing the LCD is quite the burden, and replacing the home button wouldn’t be as difficult if this didn’t have to be removed. In this photo I labeled the location of the two screws that I had to remove to get the LCD off. FYI, I should mention that these are pentalobe screws. You’ll need a special pentalobe tool to get these off. Unfortunately this tool is not included with the part. Due to the design of these pentalobe screws they were on pretty firm. Because of the firmness, I had to apply a bit of pressure to the pentalobe tool to get these off, but they weren’t too bad.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • Unfortunately the pentalobe screws weren’t the only thing that had to be removed from the LCD. There are several clamps under the screen that I had to pry off before removing the LCD. It was extremely difficult to pry under the screen because there is essentially no space between the LCD and the frame. After struggling with it for a bit, I inserted a spudger into the bottom left corner of the LCD. I used the suction cup as shown in the photo to pull the LCD while prying underneath. This was difficult work as it took me about 15 minutes to get it off. Once I did under the LCD it was all too bad, but I did have to pry around the entire outer part of the LCD to pop all the clamps up. FYI, you want to avoid prying at the top of the LCD as this is where all the cables are.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • Although, you could probably replace the home button without fully disconnecting the screen cables from the main board, I wouldn’t suggest it. It would probably put too much pressure on the screen cables, which could cause damage. Alternatively, I chose to disconnect the LCD cables from the phone before replacing the part. To do so I had to start by removing this metal plate to get access to their connection on the main board. I labeled all 5 screws that I had to remove here. These screws weren’t on too firm, so they weren’t too difficult to remove. The modest size of these screws does however make them difficult to lift out. Tweezers will definitely be a plus when removing these.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • This photo shows the screen cables after removing the metal plate. I had to pry underneath these cables to remove them from the main board. A suggestion that I would give here is to pry under the corner of each cable. These were on pretty firm, but if you get at each corner they tend to come off without much trouble.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • After disconnecting the cables, I could finally access the home button on the back of the screen. The home button was secured in place by a metal plate. I used my Phillips #00 tool to remove the two screws that I’ve labeled in the photo. FYI, when putting this plate back on your should make sure that it’s properly aligned. I had to fiddle with this a bit because my home button was not staying in place, until I later noted that this was the cause of the problem.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • Next, I had to disconnect the cable from the home button. The trick for me was to pry under the top-end of this connection. It is a pretty firm connection, but fortunately it came right off after prying near the top.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • This is the home button location after I removed the old part. The old part was stuck on using adhesive, but after pulling the home button a bit, this came right off. On the plus side I should mention that I was pleased to see that the new part comes with adhesive installed, and all I had to do was stick it into place. I would also suggest using alcohol to clean off the old adhesive before sticking the new part on.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • Next, I installed the new home button onto the screen as the old one came out. It went in as the old one came out, the only kink that I encountered was when attempting to reconnect the home button cable. This was a bit difficult to align with the port on the main board, and it won’t go down unless it matched properly. After tinkering with it for some time I did get it to go down by inserting the bottom-end, and then pressing towards the top-end. On the plus side it’s a pretty firm connection, so there’s no way this comes off.

• EShine Home Button Assembly for iPhone 6S
  • This photo was once I got the new home button installed. Once I got this on I worked backwards to put all the other parts back on. I don’t want to be repetitive but you should refer to earlier photos on how the parts were removed.

It took me about 45 minutes to complete the install, and it was quite the challenge, but I’m pleased with the outcome. This EShine Home Button Assembly is awesome, and I’m pleased with the purchase. With the exception of Touch ID, it clicks and works just as the oem button. If you’re in the market for one, I would definitely recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3722081655640431/k2311a0822/8.22.16