EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • After having issues with distorted sound on the Earpiece speaker of an Iphone 6s, I purchased this EShine earpiece replacement as a fix for the problem
  • At 45 minutes the installation was a bit time-consuming, but I would say that it was definitely worth it
  • The audio is amazing, and you won't experience a difference when compared to the original speaker
  • For anyone that may want to purchase this part, I should mention that I bought it on Amazon
  • If you're having problems with the earpiece on and Iphone 6s, I would definitely suggest it

by Jules Li

After having issues with distorted sound on the Earpiece speaker of an Iphone 6s, I purchased this EShine earpiece replacement as a fix for the problem. At 45 minutes the installation was a bit time-consuming, but I would say that it was definitely worth it. A phone repair shop would have charged $100, so for me it was a definite bargain.
  • EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • This is not the original Apple part, but to me there’s no distinction. It’s made of the same quality material as the original, and it works just the same. I’m pleased with it because there’s no difference in audio-quality. The audio is amazing, and you won’t experience a difference when compared to the original speaker. For anyone that may want to purchase this part, I should mention that I bought it on Amazon.com. It was $9.99, and the shipping was free, so I have no complaints about the price.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • To get to the earpiece I had to remove the LCD, which was probably the most difficult aspect. I had to start by removing two pentalobe screws to get the screen off. FYI, you will have to purchase a pentalobe tool if you don’t have one as it does not come with the part. What I disliked about this was that these screws were on a bit firm, and due to their design they were tasking to remove. I would suggest that you’re extremely diligent when removing these. They were on there quite firm, but they are also a bit fragile which caused them to strip a bit as they were being removed. You don’t want to strip these because it could leads to tons of trouble.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • It was disappointing but the screws weren’t the only thing keeping the screen in place. There are many clamps under the screen, so you’ll have to pop the clamps off to get these removed. Removing these clamps was as arduous as expected. You’ll need to pry under the screen to get these off. I would also suggest that you use a suction cup to slightly lift the screen before you pry under it. A suction cup may not be required, but I would definitely suggest it because you will scratch the frame by only prying under it. You should also be diligent here because you want to apply enough pressure to pry the screen off, but you also want to avoid cracking the glass. The trick for me was to slide the pry tool in starting at the bottom-end. I then worked it around the screen, slightly twisting it to pop the clamps off.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • This photo was taken as I lifted the screen off the frame. As you’ll see in this photo, there are cables are the very top of the screen. This is why you should definitely lift the screen from the bottom-end. You don’t want to apply too much pressure to the top-end as these cables are quite fragile, and could become damaged. You also don’t want to open the screen to more than about a 90 degree angle to avoid damaging the cables.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • Next, I had to disconnect the LCD cables because due to design you can’t exchange the part without doing so. These were a bit of a hassle because of their size, and they were on a bit snug. You have to pry between the bottom of the cable, and the main board to pop these off. These tend to come off quicker if you pull it near the corner.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • Once I got the screen off, I could finally access the location of the Earpiece. Once you remove the screen, it’s located at the top, on the backside. In this photo I indicated the three screws that I had to remove from the metal earpiece plate. FYI, I used a Phillips #000 to get these screws off. The screws came right off, but the metal bracket was a hassle, and it did require a slight pry underneath to get this off.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • This was after removing the metal plate. Fortunately after removing the metal plate there was nothing else securing the earpiece. In this photo I circled the location of the front camera. To get to the earpiece I had to pull this camera to the left.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • This photo is as I removed the old part and put the new part on. This was a bit of a hassle because I had to fiddle around with it a bit to get this aligned. As you can see there are metal contacts on the back of the earpiece, and these have to be aligned with the metal contacts on the cable. The trick for me was to align the cable onto the back of the earpiece before lowering it into the slot. Doing so would definitely save time. With that being said, the new part was an exact match and it went into the slot without issue.

• EShine Earpiece Replacement for Iphone 6s
  • This was after I installed the new part and got it secured down with the metal bracket and screws. From here I went backwards to get all other parts installed. I don’t want to be repetitive because all parts went back on as they came off, but you can check earlier photos as a reference.

Once I finished replacing the part the audio worked as expected. This EShine Earpiece definitely did the trick, and I have no complaints about it. Overall, it took me about 45 minutes to finish, but it was worth it in the end. If you’re having problems with the earpiece on and Iphone 6s, I would definitely suggest it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3722081655620431/k2311a0822/8.22.16