EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • I purchased this to replace the battery on a Samsung Galaxy E5
  • Unfortunately due to the design of the Samsung Galaxy E5 you can't just remove the back cover and replace the battery
  • It was a bit more expensive than I expected, but it's a good quality battery, so I have no complaints
  • After fiddling with this, I would suggest that you start by prying into the bottom left corner
  • There was a slight opening here, which allowed me to insert this tool, as shown in the photo

by Jules Li

I purchased this to replace the battery on a Samsung Galaxy E5. It was disappointing because the phone would only stay charged for about 20 minutes and then it would shut itself off. Unfortunately due to the design of the Samsung Galaxy E5 you can’t just remove the back cover and replace the battery. I chose to replace the battery, and it was a challenging endeavor, but I got it replaced after about an hour.
  • EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • For anyone that may be in the market one, I should mention that I purchased this replacement from Amazon.com. The total price was $17. It was a bit more expensive than I expected, but it’s a good quality battery, so I have no complaints.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • To began the arduous task of replacing the battery, I had to began by removing the screen. There is adhesive underneath the screen, and this adhesive had to be removed to get the screen off the frame. The challenging part is that the screen is extremely snug onto the phone’s frame, so there’s almost no point to insert a tool to pry this off. After fiddling with this, I would suggest that you start by prying into the bottom left corner. There was a slight opening here, which allowed me to insert this tool, as shown in the photo. This adhesive is sticky and gooey. You have to essentially cut through the adhesive to get it off. Fortunately the adhesive is only located on the outer edges of the screen. Altogether, it took about 20 minutes to pry the screen off. It was a bit frustrating because of the time and difficulty required.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • Next, I had to disconnect the LCD cable, which wasn’t all that difficult. I’ve labeled the cable in this photo. I used my tool to pry under the top-end of this cable to disconnect it from the main board. Fortunately this wasn’t much of a hassle, and it came right off.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • This photo shows all the screws that I had to remove to get the frame off. By removing the frame this would then allow me to get to the area where the battery’s located. For me these were some of the most difficult screws to encounter. Their size makes them difficult to remove, and when you loosen them, they tend to stay stuck in the frame. The troubling part is that these screws were on the pretty snug. FYI, I used a philips #000 for the removal. For me the trick was to apply a lot of downwards pressure while twisting these off. They do have a tendency to slip, so they can slip if you’re not diligent. Tweezers are also useful here to remove these modest screws from the holes.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • Sadly those several screws weren’t the troubling aspect of getting this frame removed. After getting the screws out I had to pry the frame away from the phone as shown here. The challenge that I initially encountered here was in having no place to insert the tool to pry the frame off. After several minutes of fiddling with it, you’ll see that there is a tab which will allow you to pry between the phone and the frame. I’ve labeled the opening in this photo. I had to start here, and then continue to pry around the outer part of the phone. On the plus side, once you get under the frame it tends to pop right off with the slightest pressure.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • Eventually after struggling with the frame, I did get to the battery compartment. I was pleased that there was only one cable that I had to disconnect from the battery. I had to pry underneath the battery cable, which I’ve labeled in this photo. Fortunately this cable came right up after a bit of prying.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • Next, I had to remove the battery from it’s compartment, which was much more difficult than I expected. When I went to take the battery out it was stuck in place with adhesive, which made removing it more of a challenge. After prying underneath it, this stuff was essentially impossible to remove. I eventually had to use a heat gun to melt the adhesive before removing the battery. Of course this is a battery, so you don’t want to apply too much heat. I set my heat gun to 100 degrees, which was enough to loosen the adhesive. Although loosened I still had to pry the battery out, but with significantly less difficulty. A tip I would give here is to pry the battery from the right side as shown in the photo. The main board is located on the left side, and if you pry here you could possibly damage the board.

• EB-BE500ABE Battery Replacement For Samsung Galaxy E5
  • After a bit of hassle, I did get the new battery installed. There was plenty of adhesive left in the battery compartment from the old battery, so you shouldn’t have to put any new adhesive. This photo was with the replacement battery installed. After this I put all the other parts back on as they came off. I don’t want to bore anyone by being repetitive. You should check the earlier photos on how the parts were removed. FYI, everything went on as it came off and I didn’t encounter any issues there.

Once I got the battery installed it worked as expected. The battery tends to stay charged about 10 hours, which is much longer than it used to. I saved money by doing it myself instead of taking it to a repair shop, so I’m fairly pleased with it. Exchanging the battery was an arduous task, and more challenging than I expected, but I liked the outcome!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3722081655610431/k2311a0822/8.22.16