Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • The issue did not occur when using the back camera, which essentially meant that the back camera was defective
  • I wanted to get this repaired at a phone shop, but it was far too expensive
  • When taking photos, the picture-quality is awesome, and there's no difference when compared to the oem version
  • If you need to replace the front camera on an Iphone 6s plus, I would definitely recommend it

by Jules Li

On an Iphone 6s I had issues with the front camera being extremely blurry when taking photos. The issue did not occur when using the back camera, which essentially meant that the back camera was defective. I wanted to get this repaired at a phone shop, but it was far too expensive. To save money I chose to do the repair myself. Overall, to replace the camera took about 45 minutes. Disassembling the phone was a bit of a challenge, but it wasn’t as difficult as I expected.
  • Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • After shopping around a bit, I purchased this Omnirepairs front camera assembly from Amazon.com. This is a third-party part, but it appears the same as the Apple original. When taking photos, the picture-quality is awesome, and there’s no difference when compared to the oem version. Compared to other parts, I chose this particular one in part because it came with all the tools that I needed to do the replacement. It comes with the spudger, pentalobe tool, and philips tool, which are needed to do the repair. FYI, the replacement part was $15 dollars with free shipping. To me the price was a bargain and I have no complaints about pricing.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • If the front camera could be replaced without removing the screen the repair would be essentially hassle-free. Unfortunately that’s not the case. I had to start by removing the screen to get to the camera. This photo shows the two pentalobe screws that I had to remove to loosen the screen. These were tasking to remove due to their firmness, but I finally got them removed. A tip I would give is to be quite diligent with these because I striped them a bit. They are some fragile screws, and you want to avoid damaging them.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • This picture shows me using the spudger and the suction cup to remove the screen. FYI, these tools were included with the replacement part. The trick here is to attempt to use the suction cup to pull the screen up enough to pry under it with the spudger. It was a challenge because the screen was pretty snug. This suction cup wasn’t too bad but at times it would just pop off the screen, maybe because of how snug the screen was into the frame. For me the bottom left corner was the least to pry into. I finally got under the screen, but after doing so the challenge wasn’t done. Surprisingly there are clamps underneath the entire outer part of the screen. This was arduous but I had to twist the spudger around the entire outside of the screen to pop the clamps off. Altogether, this particular aspect took about 15 minutes.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • I wanted to add this picture because of the importance of properly lifting the screen to avoid damaging the screen cables. You’ll have to lift the screen from the bottom-end at an angle. A tip I would give here is to keep the top-end of the screen down as if it’s on a swivel. The screen cables are extremely fragile, and if they’re damaged, you’ll be out of a lot more money. You also shouldn’t open the screen too wide, or it will put pressure on the cables.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • The front camera is connected to the backside of the screen, which meant I had to disconnect the screen before doing the removal. I had to remove five screws from this metal plate in the photo, and removing these was more of a burden than I would’ve preferred. I used the philips #000 tool to get these out. They were on pretty firm, and their size increased the difficulty. FYI, you’ll want to use tweezers when putting these screws back on. It’s almost impossible to get these modest screws into their holes without tweezers. After repeatedly dropping the screws into the phone, the tweezers were quite useful. Unfortunately I didn’t know that the screws were different sizes, which was trouble when putting them back in. I had to do trial and error to get them in the proper place, but you’ll save some time if you label them after removing each one.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • This photo shows the 3 connections ports for the screen cables. These were a slight burden because I had to pry under each one. However, the trick here is to pry under the corners. After doing so the connection loosens, and the cable comes right off. These were also troublesome when putting them back on. It took me some time but you have to ensure that the cable connection is aligned properly with the port on the main board, or you’ll have some issues. To do this I angled the phone sideways to view under the cables while connecting them.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • Next, I had to take off this bracket while secures the camera to the screen. There were 3 screws to remove. These weren’t any trouble, and I just used the philips #000 to pop these right off. Once you get the screws off you can then get the bracket off.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • In this photo I labeled the camera and the speaker. You have to lift the speaker off to get access to the camera cable which has to be removed. On the plus side the bracket was the only thing securing these.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • This is the camera cable labeled in this photo. This was secured by adhesive, I had to essentially pry under it to get it off. This was some fairly gooey, difficult to remove adhesive, but since this cable was being replaced anyways I didn’t have to be too diligent with it. After repeatedly prying under it with the spudger, I was pleased that it came off.

• Omnirepairs iPhone 6s Plus Front Camera Assembly Replacement
  • Once I got the old camera off I stuck it into the place of the new camera. The new part fortunately came with adhesive, so all I had to do was stick it into it’s place. This was welcome news because I didn’t have any adhesive and I didn’t want to purchase any. Once I got the new camera on I put all the other parts on as they came off. Everything went on as it came off, and you should refer to earlier photos if you have issues.

Once I got the camera installed, I tested, and everything checked out! It’s awesome, the pictures are exemplary, and I have no complaints. This Omnirepairs replacement was an exact match to the original, and I’m pleased with the purchase. If you need to replace the front camera on an Iphone 6s plus, I would definitely recommend it!

polly adams says :

re : If you need to replace the front camera on an Iphone 6s plus, I would definitely recommend it
The iPhone was a phone that seemto have many issues.

polly adams says :

I ended up trying to repair myself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3722081655600431/k2311a0822/8.22.16