Ghostbusters (2016 Comedy Movie)  » Movies  »
  • When the movie ended I felt lighter, refreshed and happy
  • Shortly after that the two women, along with an engineer Dr. Jillian Holtzmann have a paranormal experience that makes them want to go into ghost hunting
  • However, when a insane man opens a portal that merges the living world with the dead one, the Ghostbusters are the only ones who can save the world
  • I do consider myself as a fan of the original too, but at the same time I think of myself as open-minded enough to think of the movie as more of a tribute to the original instead of an insult to it
  • It's more than a little ridiculous and insulting to assume that the movie is automatically going to be terrible because of the female cast

by Redtape

Despite all the harshness and negativity surrounding the 2016 Ghostbusters remake, I was probably one of the few persons who actually couldn’t wait to see what it would be like. I was in a terrible mood when I ended up watching it fairly recently too, but you now what? When the movie ended I felt lighter, refreshed and happy.
  • Ghostbusters (2016 Comedy Movie)
  • The 2016 movie Ghostbusters is actually a fairly modern twist on the 1984 comedy classic by the same name. While a number of the former cast make cameo appearances too, this time around most of the main characters are female.

In the movie, the physics researcher Erin Gilbert loses her bid for tenure at Columbia University after a book she wrote about the existence of the paranormal with a close friend Abby Yates, becomes public. Shortly after that the two women, along with an engineer Dr. Jillian Holtzmann have a paranormal experience that makes them want to go into ghost hunting. Another woman, Patty Tolan who also has a paranormal experience decides to join the team.

At first, no one takes the team seriously, and even the video evidence they share is said to be fake. However, when a insane man opens a portal that merges the living world with the dead one, the Ghostbusters are the only ones who can save the world.

• Ghostbusters (2016 Comedy Movie)
  • I am fairly upset about the amount of incendiary comments and reviews I read about this movie, most of which were written by people who claim to be fans of the original. I do consider myself as a fan of the original too, but at the same time I think of myself as open-minded enough to think of the movie as more of a tribute to the original instead of an insult to it. Many of them were right about the movie not being great, and I never though that it would be either, but saying that it’s the worst movie ever made or that it’s terrible is a stretch.

I think part of the anger surrounding the movie is that there are some chauvinistic men out there who are angry about the main cast being mostly female. I remember that long before they had even gone fully into pre-production some people had literally written off the movie completely as a result. They thought that the movie would be “lame” because it had female main characters.

In my opinion, it’s people who have this narrow-minded mindset who help to stunt the progression of the movie industry. This is why a number of women still get paid less than men, are less likely to get certain jobs and why filmmakers are still afraid of diversity.

• Ghostbusters (2016 Comedy Movie)
  • The actor Chris Hemsworth is of course one of the best things about watching Ghostbusters. In the movie he played the dim-witted and yet beautiful Kevin Beckman, the womens’ receptionist.

I thought many of his scenes were funny, for example where he would hear the phone ringing and either not answer it or answer and then hang up without relaying any messages. Him being very attractive meant that I could definitely understand why he was hired even though he was completely incompetent and a liability to the business.

• Ghostbusters (2016 Comedy Movie)
  • One of the things that I actually enjoyed in the movie was the visual effects. It might not have been anywhere near as impressive as what I saw in the movie “Suicide Squad”, but it certainly wasn’t as awful as some I’ve seen from other movies with an even bigger budget.

One of my favourites was the giant Pilgrim Ghost that exited the portal, as well as how realistic the streamers looked, unlike the ones in the 1984 original.

Perhaps the only thing that I didn’t like about the visual effects in the movie though was that too many of the ghosts had a cartoonish appearance. I would rather many of them have had a more frightening and realistic appearance.

• Ghostbusters (2016 Comedy Movie)
  • As I said even though I liked the movie, I still believed that it could have been so much better. For one, the dialogue was awful and there were so many lines that were very cliche. For example, there is one point where either a cameo Bill Murray or Dan Aykroyd says “I ain’t ‘fraid a no ghost”, which I thought was extremely unnecessary and just plain didn’t fit.

The movie, even though I think it was supposed to be a remake was way too similar to the original. In the original, someone opens a portal to join the world of the living and the dead, when this one has the same plot.

To cut a long story short, don’t make a judgement of this movie based on the chauvinist rantings of some people on the internet. It’s more than a little ridiculous and insulting to assume that the movie is automatically going to be terrible because of the female cast.

I personally say that while it wasn’t great, it wasn’t terrible either. I’ve watched so many movies in my lifetime, and I have to say that there is so much worse with a better rating.

Andrew Leither says :

When the movie ended I felt lighter, refreshed and happy. I needed to put this in here because there are not many things that make me happy but this was really good, refreshing I can’t wait to see this movie.

Racher says :

re : Shortly after that the two women, along with an engineer Dr. Jillian Holtzmann have a paranormal experience that makes them want to go into ghost hunting
After that they start their own company of "Ghost hunting ". At first they weren’t really recognized but later on they got really famous for their work

Jeff says :

The remake to the classical masterpiece is a disgrace Where are our favourite characters such as
Bill Murray that made us laugh. People can say I’m old school but don’t ruin a classic that we hold close to our hearts for years.

Andrew Leith says :

I agree with you. Nobody cold replace Bill Murray as he was the best actor in the scenes o Ghost Busters. To make another remake of Ghost Busters was a big mistake and it will remain a classic for years to come.

Kassie says :

I’m pretty sure you mentioned about the special effects, then why is there no pictures to show that? I would expect a film review with multiple images to prove or enhance what they wrote with great pictures.

The 2nd last picture is so bad, I don’t see what is so important in it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1116081655580331/k2311a0816/8.16.16