Soul Kiss by Story of Love (perfume)
2.0
  • I found the combination overwhelming at first, even though at the same time the smell wasn't potent enough to be considered as anything less than cheap
  • Generally, I don't seem to have a problem with that either, since most of the body splashes or perfumes that I use still linger on my clothes for some time
  • I generally don't use Soul Kiss, but when I do I notice that the scent, which was already weak in the first place disappears very fast
  • I would definitely not recommend Soul Kiss by Story of Love, because even though the sent is sort of unique, it's not great at all

by Redtape

One of my family members bought me the perfume Soul Kiss by Story of Love, and even though I’m generally a sucker for things that make me smell great, I just didn’t like this one. While I did appreciate the gesture, I wasn’t too thrilled with the fact that it smelled a bit cheap.
  • Soul Kiss by Story of Love (perfume)
  • The perfume is contained in a shiny red and silver box, that appears to be patterned with lipstick marks. In the centre of the box are the words “Soul Kiss”, which is engraved in silver. Right beneath that is a sentence printed in smaller words. It says “You are my love”.

Once you open the red and white box, the first thing that you’ll encounter is a white cardboard box, slightly thicker than the first, which I assume is to help cushion the perfume bottle.

The bottle itself is a tinted dark red glass in the shape of one of those lipstick marks. The removable plastic cover is translucent orange, so that you can see the silver spray nozzle underneath.

• Soul Kiss by Story of Love (perfume)
  • When I smelled the perfume for the first time, I noticed that it smelled a bit like a weird combination of a heavy spicy and rose scent. The thing is, while I tend to love unique scents and unique scent combinations, Soul Kiss just doesn’t do it for me. I found the combination overwhelming at first, even though at the same time the smell wasn’t potent enough to be considered as anything less than cheap.

Nevertheless, after a while I got used to it, and even though it doesn’t bother me as much, I still don’t like using it.

• Soul Kiss by Story of Love (perfume)
  • One of the things that makes Soul Kiss so cheap is that the scent doesn’t last very long at all. I try not to spray perfumes or body splashes on my skin, but on my clothes for various reasons. Generally, I don’t seem to have a problem with that either, since most of the body splashes or perfumes that I use still linger on my clothes for some time.

I generally don’t use Soul Kiss, but when I do I notice that the scent, which was already weak in the first place disappears very fast. It doesn’t last for hours like some other perfumes that I use, and even if I drown myself in it which one should never do, I’ll probably smell a ghost of something after an hour if I’m lucky.

• Soul Kiss by Story of Love (perfume)
  • Something that I always mention in my reviews is that there are some perfumes or body sprays that are so strong that they end up affecting my allergies and overall make me uncomfortable. I initially worried that it might be the same thing with this one even though I thought that the scent was cheap. Nevertheless, I found that I didn’t have to worry at all because the scent was too weak to even make me sneeze.

• Soul Kiss by Story of Love (perfume)
  • Something that I also wanted to mention is that I can understand and appreciated the effort that was put into the theme surrounding the packaging of the perfume, which was romance. However, the scent was just too “off” for something like that to be very successful and stay on the market for years.

I think the perfume might have been better off had there been much less “spiciness” added to the mixture and more roses, or perhaps if there had been another combination altogether.

I would definitely not recommend Soul Kiss by Story of Love, because even though the sent is sort of unique, it’s not great at all. It also doesn’t last very long, so you would probably be better off buying something else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5614071655170631/k2311a0714/7.14.16