Martin Garrix (Musician)
  • I really wouldn't consider myself a huge fan of the musician Martin Garrix
  • However, after all these years I still sincerely hope that he has as much potential as I thought he did when he released his most popular song, and that his success was not just a fluke
  • Unfortunately though, I wasn't very satisfied with the music video once it was made, and it helped ruin the song even more for me a little after I started to get sick of it
  • Shortly after I heard the song Animals, I decided that I wanted to listen to other songs that were released by Martin Garrix, but to be honest I wasn't very impressed with them at the time
  • Martin Garrix isn't exactly the best EDM DJ out there, but he does have his fans

by Redtape

I really wouldn’t consider myself a huge fan of the musician Martin Garrix. To be honest, up until fairly recently I only knew two songs by him and liked one of the two. However, after all these years I still sincerely hope that he has as much potential as I thought he did when he released his most popular song, and that his success was not just a fluke.
  • Martin Garrix (Musician)
  • Martin Garrix, whose real name is Martijn Gerard Garritsen is a Dutch disc jockey who was born in Amstelveen, Netherlands in 1996. He started his musical journey at 8, and began mixing music shortly thereafter after he was inspired by seeing the popular DJ Tiesto perform at the Athens Olympics.

Garrix debuted in 2013 with his world famous single “Animals”, which was published by the label Spinnin’ Records. Since then he has become a world famous DJ with songs that span several genres of the electronic dance music (EDM) genre.

• Martin Garrix (Musician)
  • I first heard of Martin Garrix shortly after he released his debut single “Animals”. I had actually gotten the impression that it was literally his first single, but realised later on that I was wrong. Nevertheless, I’m not usually the kind of person to like a song simply because it’s popular, but I got addicted to Animals pretty quickly. It was one of the few songs that I would play several times in a row and not got get sick of. I must have played the song every day on my way to work for about a month. It was truly unbelievable.

I remember thinking at the time too that I really hoped Martin Garrix made a video for the song. It’s just one of those singles that had to have a really cool video. Unfortunately though, I wasn’t very satisfied with the music video once it was made, and it helped ruin the song even more for me a little after I started to get sick of it.

• Martin Garrix (Musician)
  • Shortly after I heard the song Animals, I decided that I wanted to listen to other songs that were released by Martin Garrix, but to be honest I wasn’t very impressed with them at the time. I boiled my disappointment and lack of satisfaction to him still being fairly young and new on the scene, but after a while I began to wonder if it wasn’t because he was just plain not that great a DJ.

On the other hand I listened to some of his earliest mixes, and I thought that it wasn’t bad for a beginner. For example, one of his earliest mixes was ITSA, which was a collaboration with another EDM group, Sleazy Stereo. While I didn’t think it was impressive, and was a bit rough around the edges, it still wasn’t too bad.

• Martin Garrix (Musician)
  • I was actually one of those people who was lucky enough to see Martin Garrix perform in concert. I remember being completely pumped in the days leading up to it and thinking that it was going to be really electrifying, since I always thought that hearing Animals being performed live was going to be amazing. Unfortunately though his performance did not live up to my expectations.

He started off by playing what sounded like a piano solo to his performance which at the time I thought sounded a little off-key. Later on I knew I wasn’t the only one because when I met up with one of my friends at the end of the concert shortly before the sun came up the next morning, he made the same comment.

Anyway, as Garrix’s performance continued his mixes sounded a little rough around the edges, and even his equipment sounded like it was malfunctioning at one point. Nevertheless, I tried to loosen up and enjoy the show because I did fork out a lot of money for that ticket. At the end of the day, it seemed as if he enjoyed himself more than I did. Good for him.

• Martin Garrix (Musician)
  • I thought that perhaps a lot of Martin Garrix’s newer music would sound a lot better, especially from age and experience. However, I’m still not thrilled by what I’ve been hearing. I at least thought that “The Only Way Is Up” a musical collaboration with Tiesto, the DJ who inspired him might at least be good. I was sorely disappointed, and I wonder from time to time if Animals was a fluke.

One advantage of seeing Martin Garrix in concert though is that he’s hot. At least I think so. Also, he’s now 20, so I feel slightly less like an old pervert oogling him even though I am only a few years older.

Martin Garrix isn’t exactly the best EDM DJ out there, but he does have his fans. If you like EDM, you can check out his music starting with “Animals” and make your own judgement.

TheOpinionDealer says :

Have you heard “In the Name of Love” by him, it is a beautiful track. I think that Martin Garrix is one of the best DJ and Producer out there, his tracks improved a lot recently.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1413071655120731/k2311a0713/7.13.16