Bring Me the Horizon (Rock Band)  » Music  »
  • I can't remember exactly how I found out about the band Bring Me the Horizon, but what I do know was that it was a little after their song Throne had been released in 2015
  • Since then I've become enamored with their music, and they've become one of my new favourite rock bands
  • I have to say that I prefer it more than their older ones, even though I might be probably be lynched by the older BMTH fans
  • However, my musical tastes have changed over the years, and so I think that had I discovered the band when they released their second album I would have definitely been listening to them
  • I recommend the music of Bring Me the Horizon to fans of Metalcore, Popcore and Electronic Rock

by Redtape

I can’t remember exactly how I found out about the band Bring Me the Horizon, but what I do know was that it was a little after their song “Throne” had been released in 2015. Since then I’ve become enamored with their music, and they’ve become one of my new favourite rock bands.
  • Bring Me the Horizon (Rock Band)
  • In case you haven’t heard of them before, Bring Me the Horizon which is at times refered to as BMTH, is an English rock band that was formed in 2004. They have five current members who are Oliver Sykes the vocalist, Matt Kean the bassist, Matt Nicholls, the drummer, Lee Malia the guitarist and Jordan Fish the keyboardist.

As the story goes, the band was formed over ten years earlier when the members of several different musical backgrounds and interests met each other. They came up with the name Bring Me the Horizon as a sort of homage to Jack Sparrow’s song that had a similar name in the first Pirates of the Caribbean film.

• Bring Me the Horizon (Rock Band)
  • Since I’ve become a fan of Bring Me the Horizon, I found out that their studio album “That’s the Spirit” was not their first, and that they had four previous albums released. The names of the albums in are “Count Your Blessings”, “Sempiternal “, “There Is a Hell, Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let’s Keep It a Secret.” and “Suicide Season”.

I started listening to their last album, “That’s The Spirit” first, which many people might know from its signature artwork, which is a white umbrella and raindrops against a black background. I have to say that I prefer it more than their older ones, even though I might be probably be lynched by the older BMTH fans. I guess that’s probably because they appeal to my musical tastes now. However, my musical tastes have changed over the years, and so I think that had I discovered the band when they released their second album I would have definitely been listening to them.

• Bring Me the Horizon (Rock Band)
  • While going through BMTH’s albums I can definitely appreciate the evolution of their music, even though it seems that my opinion would be very unpopular among a lot of the more seasoned fans. When the band released their debut studio album, most of their songs seemed to be a combination of mostly deathcore with some thrash mixed in at times. I mentioned that I would have definitely started liking them at their second album, because I didn’t really like the deathcore sound even then.

By their second album “Suicide Season”, the band seemed to release songs that were leaning more to metalcore. Later on their style seemed to change again, which leaned closer to electronic rock. Which I did gravitate more to the harder stuff when I was younger, I’ve been listening to a mixture of mostly electronic music and rock these days, and this is why I appreciate their sound.

I guess I probably sound like a bit of a hypocrite since I have not exactly been accepting of some bands that have either mellowed out or changed styles over the years. However, I think BMTH’s change is more like experimentation, and I guess my bias stems from my personal preferences.

• Bring Me the Horizon (Rock Band)
  • Although I haven’t personally gotten a chance to see the band Bring Me the Horizon as yet, I’ve been watching some of their recorded live performances on YouTube. They sound pretty awesome live, and they aren’t boring unlike a few other bands and musicians that you would expect to be electrifying on stage but are sadly disappointing in person.

I’m not going as far as to describe Ollie as a powerful vocalist either since I’ve heard some monumental vocalists in my time that would send shockwaves through the crowd, but he’s definitely satisfactory. These days Ollie’s voice sounds as if it’s not as strong as it used to be, and I sincerely hope that he only needs vocal rest and it isn’t that it’s permanently damaged.

• Bring Me the Horizon (Rock Band)
  • One thing I definitely can’t stand are feuds between different musicians or bands because many times they’re usually either caused by a battle of egos or something unimaginably stupid. While I understand that you can’t get along with everyone, I’m a big fan of the saying “don’t air your dirty laundry in public”.

BMTH has had a number of feuds over the years, but the latest one is with the band Bad Religion, whose drummer went as far as to call the band “entitled” and arrogant. While I’m not exactly a fan of Bad Religion, I think I would have to take their side after reading the story behind why they made the accusation.

I recommend the music of Bring Me the Horizon to fans of Metalcore, Popcore and Electronic Rock. They might not necessarily be the best overall, but I think that they have improved in quality over the years, and they’re one of the better popular rock bands now.

Andrew Leaither says :

Great name for rock band. “Bring Me Horizon” sounds great and your pictures compliment so nicely and strongly with the people you portrayed with the success in the rock band and music industry.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1412071655090631/k2311a0712/7.12.16