Se7en (1995 Classic Thriller Film)
  • When everyone else is busy watching the seemingly endless mediocre movies put out by today's filmmakers who happens to only entertain, I'm here digging up classics which I thought would be medicine to my ever needing needs for great films
  • It is just that I think his roles are underwritten
  • The ending of the movie, which I will not spoil, is by far the best moment in his acting career
  • But what I truly love in the film is the fact that when I was watching it, I didn't care about the cinematography, the music, or the costumes, and the production design which I normally would
  • Se7en has definitely became one of my favorite films ever, even just after watching it once

by Laudemhir Jan Parel

When everyone else is busy watching the seemingly endless mediocre movies put out by today’s filmmakers who happens to only entertain, I’m here digging up classics which I thought would be medicine to my ever needing needs for great films.

It’s been my tradition to watch classic films now and then. I just believe that there are an uncountable amount of films released in the past I wasn’t fortunate enough to see. So I’m making up for those times.

• Se7en (1995 Classic Thriller Film)
  • Se7en is a David Fincher film released in 1995 which revolves around the mysterious serial killer who happens to follow the pattern of the 7 deadly sins. He left clues for the two detectives, the film’s protagonists, portrayed by Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt. And so the film takes the crime-thriller-detective style where we got to see the two trying to solve the clues and then it all becomes an unexpected chaotic mess of psychological puzzle.

This film features too much blood and gore, so if these things make you uncomfortable, please take it as a caution.

• Se7en (1995 Classic Thriller Film)
  • I was never really a fan of Brad Pitt but this film proved otherwise. I have seen him in Babel, Fight Club, and Moneyball and I realize he is a truly capable artist. It is just that I think his roles are underwritten. He is not given enough aspect of a character that could literally blow your mind away. But in here, everything just changed.

I was completely blown away from his performance in this movie. He literally took the character he played by heart and made something about it even more realistic and believable. The ending of the movie, which I will not spoil, is by far the best moment in his acting career. I can literally feel the rage and the excitement in his eyes that I have never seen before.

• Se7en (1995 Classic Thriller Film)
  • Morgan Freeman actually surprised me too. And I think that this was the first time I actually didn’t care about his voice because I was more immersed in his acting. This guy actually acted and not just narrated in the movie.

Gwyneth Paltrow also made short but rather very important appearances in the film. She added a lot of human nature especially in conversations to make the film more and more set in a realistic place as possible.

• Se7en (1995 Classic Thriller Film)
  • But what I truly love in the film is the fact that when I was watching it, I didn’t care about the cinematography, the music, or the costumes, and the production design which I normally would. The film just drew me in completely, up until the point that I don’t want to get my eyes off it because I might miss some details that would be crucial.

All the time I was in the edge of my seat because of the tension that I could really feel. One minor problem is that the beginning of the film drags a little bit but right after the third day, everything just became a moment in cinema.

• Se7en (1995 Classic Thriller Film)
  • The ending is very spectacular. It reminded me a bit of The Dark Knight because they both touched an important core of humanity that I think will interest people who like thought-provoking films. With all the blood and gore from the crime scenes, Fincher eventually knew not to give away the final one because he knows no one would like to see what it would be - and I just perfectly love that. It’s a beautiful example of when to give away and when to not, but just suggest.

I also like the fact that they didn’t gave away the name of the city that the film is supposed to be. It is a minor detail but it works greatly because it could be anywhere in the world.

The fact that the distributor of this film tried to change the ending because it has “less” action though, would have made this film tragic. I am glad Fincher and the cast fought for it to be included, because if it hasn’t, then I don’t think it would be as great as it is.

Se7en has definitely became one of my favorite films ever, even just after watching it once. I can definitely say it’s one of the best serial-killer films out there because it focuses primarily on people, an aspect that could be very influential to viewers. There might be less action but the tension is all there, and the big reveal at the end is just a masterpiece in the history of cinema.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1112071655080631/k2311a0712/7.12.16