The Conjuring 2 (2016 Supernatural Horror Movie)  » Movies  »
  • I watched the movie and I found out that while I did find some parts scary, I didn't find the movie to be terrifying overall like some people said
  • The event rattles Lorraine so much that she tries to persuade Ed that the best thing for them to do is stop
  • I loved the child actors, especially the one who played younger Hodgson brother who had a problem with stammering

by Redtape

I really like watching supernatural horror movies, and so when I read a number of good reviews about “The Conjuring 2″ I was very eager to see it. This was especially since the prequel had managed to scare me quite a bit. I watched the movie and I found out that while I did find some parts scary, I didn’t find the movie to be terrifying overall like some people said.
  • The Conjuring 2 (2016 Supernatural Horror Movie)
  • Like its prequel, the movie The Conjuring 2 is about one of the most memorable cases that paranormal investigators and married couple Ed and Lorraine Warren had. When the movie begins, the Warrens return to the Amityville house in order to investigate whether or not demons were responsible for the murders that occurred there in 1974. However, during their investigation Lorraine is attacked by a demonic presence and then receives a vision showing Ed’s death.

The event rattles Lorraine so much that she tries to persuade Ed that the best thing for them to do is stop. Nevertheless, the couple find themselves returning to their old job when they receive news from the church that a family in London is being viciously attacked, and a little girl is being by a spirit. At first the couple is skeptical about whether or not the entire thing is a hoax, but they soon discover that the entire affair might be orchestrated by demons.

• The Conjuring 2 (2016 Supernatural Horror Movie)
  • I can definitely understand why many of the reviews that I read said that the movie was overall pretty scary. While the movie industry seems to be saturated with a lot of horror movies these days, at the same time many of them seem to depend heavily on what is known as “jump scares” which is essentially frightening the audiences with loud abrupt sounds or images.

While watching The Conjuring 2 I found that it didn’t depend on many jump scares to be frightening. Instead, there were actual scenes that might not have been scary enough to have my blood run cold, but they were still chilling.

For example, there was one scene where the girl Janet who we later know is possessed, stays home from school because she is sick. She sits in the couch watching television and is toyed with until she sees a full body manifestation of whatever is haunting the house.

• The Conjuring 2 (2016 Supernatural Horror Movie)
  • I thought that one of the most frightening scenes in the entire movie by far had to be the one where the demon nun from the Amityville house follows Lorraine home and attacks her through the picture that her husband painted of it.

That scene literally made by blood run cold, and I held my breath for so long at one point because while the appearance of the spirit was unnerving, what was so frightening about it was that it followed her home through that awful picture.

• The Conjuring 2 (2016 Supernatural Horror Movie)
  • I personally thought that the acting itself was quite good too, even though I know that there are always some nitpicking people on the internet who are always going to find something wrong. I loved the child actors, especially the one who played younger Hodgson brother who had a problem with stammering.

Once again I also liked Vera Farmiga’s portrayal of Lorraine Warren. Even though I have never personally met Warren, I have seen interviews with her over the years. I might have my own suspicions about the couple, but I thought that Farmiga made her seem like a sincere person who was devoted to her family and her religion.

• The Conjuring 2 (2016 Supernatural Horror Movie)
  • Thinking about it now, I guess that the movie was more unnerving than scary, and by the end I was left wondering why the Hodgsons’ case had made such an impact on the Warrens if they had gone on so many dangerous cases including the one with Annabelle. I had a lot of expectations when it came to how terrifying and unnerving it must be, but I guess it says something about a horror film when I’m able to watch it with all the lights off minutes to one in the night without feeling like I want to wet myself after.

After the movie was done, I began to think that it might have been one of the Warrens’ more upsetting cases because their work was beginning to threaten their family.

Overall if you’re a desensitized fan of supernatural horror movies and you want something that will terrify you, The Conjuring 2 might not be what you’re looking for. On the other hand, if you’re just looking for a fairly decent horror movie to kill time and enjoy then you can try watching it.

Aadil Rawal says :

re : I watched the movie and I found out that while I did find some parts scary, I didn’t find the movie to be terrifying overall like some people said
One of the best Horror movie till date.

Andrew Leith says :

I found the movie fascinating and really scary, but the movie would not fit in with “Terrifying Category.” The movie director, James Wan, made a stunning special effects and strong impression on audiences around the world which reached Box Office $ 320.3 million dollars. Some critics elsewhere on the internet say that he’s at the top of his game and career, and he knows how to make great movies.

Leslie Ann Hunter says :

What was the Conjuring 2 movie case become known as?

Katelyn says :

One of the best horror movies ever. I think a lot of horror fans were waiting for this film and soon the conjuring 3 will be here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111071654920631/k2311a071/7.1.16