Justin Timberlake - Can’t Stop the Feeling (2016 Song)
4.3
  • He is getting a lot of accolades and a handful of hits, although I must admit Mirror is the only song I liked
  • I found that the song becomes effective once I said to myself the purpose of the song is to make people enjoy it, and it did 100%
  • I think it's also becoming a normality that animated films are now banking on catchy music to promote them
  • Timberlake's high notes in the song is noteworthy, I like how it highlights most part of the song

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

Now let’s not kid ourselves, shall we? Justin Timberlake is basically one of the most recognizable pop star this century. I’m not familiar with most of his work when he was with N’Sync and his pre-2010’s solo work but his comeback this decade is just phenomenal. He is getting a lot of accolades and a handful of hits, although I must admit “Mirror” is the only song I liked.

Either way, his overall success is phenomenal. He proved that with catchy music, the people who abandoned you could appreciate your work again. But does catchy mean good? I don’t really think so.

I guess everyone in the world has now heard a song he did for the animated film Trolls called “Can’t

Stop the Feeling!”. It has became a worldwide juggernaut since the day of its release because of its super catchiness. In fact, I do think this is the most catchy song released this year and the catchiest since Bruno Mars’ “Uptown Funk”.

There’s no way you can’t get into the groove of its hook once it’s on the radio. In fact I hated myself for jamming to it the first time I heard it because I’m pretty sure it’s another generic mess released by a huge artist banking on his name. But then I forgave myself once I understood we all need a time to just feel the beat, feel the feeling and just let go of all our doubts and

just enjoy the music. I found that the song becomes effective once I said to myself the purpose of the song is to make people enjoy it, and it did 100%.

I think it’s also becoming a normality that animated films are now banking on catchy music to promote them. The success of animated films these recent years is something to take note of. Pharell Willams did “Happy” for Despicable Me 2 and that song became a huge staple in pop music. 2014 sleeper hit Frozen also featured the now easily recognizable “Let It Go” which of course propelled the film to new heights. And just this year, Shakira came into the mix and brought “Try Everything” to the ever-successful Zootopia.

• Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop the Feeling (2016 Song)
      All those songs were featured nicely in the film, and I don’t know whether this Timberlake hit will get enough credit in the film too, but if it will be used nicely, then the movie might become a great enjoyment for kids too.

The production of the song takes note of the 70’s/80’s disco vibes again, just like how Happy did back a couple of years back. However, the production sounds modern, enough to make it “fresh”. I do think overplaying it will make it easily old to my ears, but it does have the potential to be classic-sounding.

Timberlake’s high notes in the song is noteworthy, I like how it highlights most part of the song. His best asset is easily

recognizable, and his vocal techniques is really influential to modern-day singers who wish to follow his route. I tried singing this acapella but I ended up racing with my breath because it’s so tiring, but it seems effortless for him.

I may not like most of Timberlake’s works but that’s not to say he can’t make music loved by most people. Apparently, he is releasing hit after hit - and that’s something most singers can only dream of. He’s successful and his prolific career says a lot about his works. Whether he is in movies or making music, he always make sure he is enjoyable, and this song is no different. It’s a very enjoyable tune crafted to make everyone move with its beat.

Rachel Kong says :

This is definitely an enjoyable and relaxing song. I like it

Rachel says :

re : He is getting a lot of accolades and a handful of hits, although I must admit Mirror is the only song I liked
I think that Justin does have a handful of hits, but Mirror is not the only song that I liked. Justin is a beautiful artist.

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

To each his own I guess. I like him but I don’t like most of the music he’s putting.

Lahiru Madusanka says :

re : Timberlake’s high notes in the song is noteworthy, I like how it highlights most part of the song
It’s not the first time i listen to this song as this song is on billboard top 50 songs of the week about 2 or 3 weeks back i listen again and listen again i love this song and it’s because it’s style and the way Justin Timberlake sing the song it’s a very good as i concern love the song very much. with the highlighted he uses to the song it keep me interesting the song most.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1428061654880830/k2311a0628/6.28.16