Clean & Clear Essentials Moisturizer  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • Since this is from a well-known company, I decided to give it a try
  • Because of this, I thought that it will fit my acne-prone skin because salicylic acid is a treatment for acne, as what I have heard of
  • In my own personal experience, I tested this product for less than a week
  • Around two days after usage, I noticed blemishes started to appear on my skin

• by edenshii

Clean & Clear Essentials Moisturizer is one of the products that I have tested as I started to have my skin regimen which includes a moisturizer. I have learned that soap is not enough and so, I followed it with toner and a moisturizer. I used this Clean & Clear moisturizer because I’ve heard that it won’t cause acne-prone skin to breakout and instead it can help in treating acne.

This product is from Johnson & Johnson. I have a combination skin of being oily and acne-prone. My skin easily turns red if a certain cosmetic is not suitable for me. Since

this is from a well-known company, I decided to give it a try.

One of its active ingredients is 0.5% salicylic acid. Because of this, I thought that it will fit my acne-prone skin because salicylic acid is a treatment for acne, as what I have heard of.

Clean & Clear Essentials Moisturizer is an oil-free product. I have checked the ingredients and so far, there is nothing in it which shows that it has even a little of oil. Also, this product promises that it will not clog the pores. Although it is a moisturizer, this product promises that it will not make the skin look greasy. From the very bottle of it, you can read that it is for acne-prone skin.

In my own personal experience, I tested this product for less than a week.

First let me tell you some details. It has a good, lotion-like texture. It is not creamy and not even watery. The smell is just mild which suits me who is allergic to strong smell. I had a good expectation of this product considering that it is from a company that I have known since I was young. Also, I have tried to check the texture ...

• Clean & Clear Essentials Moisturizer
      just to check if it is too creamy. Products which are cream usually causes my skin to clog thereby I breakout.

Upon usage, I may say that it didn’t make my skin greasy right after using it. I feel that my skin is moisturized and somewhat soft. Also, the good smell lasted for an hour or two. Take note though that I don’t wear makeup during the week of trying this product.

The sad thing though is that, it caused me to breakout. I believe because it clogged my skin. This is product that I added to my usual regimen. I believe

this is cause because in my regimen, I have been using my soap and toner for months then I decided to try this. Around two days after usage, I noticed blemishes started to appear on my skin. Thus I have to stop.

Therefore my verdict for this product is just 3 out of 10. For others it may work but for me, it somehow caused me some acne. It would have been a good product because the texture and smell is good. However, it is not just good for me. I am somehow considering to use this as a hand lotion instead.

Santos says :

I love johnsons johnsons products,I have use this particular product,because I had some skin problems,and i use daily,the results are amazing,I can say I used a lot of different products and nothing work,I recommend to use.

Eesha Razia says :

Well i also johnsons johnsons and its the most used product in our home but clean and clear is also fine…i would give it 5 out of 10

edenshii replies :

I believe that not all product line of a specific product works fine for me. Some product of a certain brand may work well while the other product causes my skin to break out. Thus it is important to first test it on our wrist. There was one blogger who told me to best test it at the lower chin.

joanna says :

re : Since this is from a well-known company, I decided to give it a try
Since this is from a well-known company, I decided to give it a try and I would say that the brand speaks of quality in their product. It didn’t feel heavy after I applied it to my skin and it did help in minimizing my occasional break-outs. I am very satisfied with this product and I must say the price is also another reason that I tried it, it’s very affordable.

edenshii replies :

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for replying to my review.

I am happy to know that this product worked for you. I may say that a product may work well for one person and it may not work for some.

Lavonn says :

It works for the teens. I realize that this product works better for teens.

Irina says :

I think all Clean Clear products are formulated for the teens. They don’t work really well on the adult skin, even if it seems to have the same issues.

darya velasco says :

re : Around two days after usage, I noticed blemishes started to appear on my skin
I tried the product but it did not have any effect on my skin, I used it for a fairly long time so there’s no argument that I should have used it for a longer time. The product did not satisfy me but it is not possible for everything to suit my skin, it doesn’t mean that it wont suit others skins as well. But my on experience with it as not exactly great

Galega says :

Actually, for some unknown reasons, Clean and Clear products (including this Essential Moisturizer) works well for teens. The longer your age, the less likely it is going to help you. I have experienced this strange phenomena with many users, including me and my wife. We have stopped using this because of this very reason.

Nevertheless, this is a good product for teens with quite low possibility of allergic reaction on skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130051654440231/k2311a0530/5.30.16