Birdy - Wild Horses (2016 Song)  » Music  »
  • However, I would be lying if I say that I love her second album as much as her first
  • To my surprise, I think she just delivered her most cohesive and stunning album to date
  • One song that I really love from her third album is a song called Wild Horses
  • Although I don't think it will become a hit elsewhere

• by Laudemhir Jan Parel

I’ve been too in love with this young girl ever since she released an album full of covers, but mind you, she literally treated those songs like they were her own. She polished alternative tracks so that the general public (who don’t like that genre much) would appreciate it. And so she took the world by storm.

However, I would be lying if I say that I love her second album as much as her first. Contrary to her debut, her follow-up were songs written by her. It was a pretty solid album but it just doesn’t live up to the monstrosity

of the first. But I still love it.

And so now I waited for third because she showed so much promise. To my surprise, I think she just delivered her most cohesive and stunning album to date. It screams maturity from her first and strong writing from her second. It’s literally like the culmination of her two previous albums. One song that I really love from her third album is a song called “Wild Horses”.

It was released as the second single and is now impacting worldwide. Although I don’t think it will become a hit elsewhere. Her music generally don’t scream BIG HITS but rather hits that people will grow to love because it’s just absolutely beautiful.

“Wild Horses” is about a broken relationship. The first time I heard it, I was totally floored by it. From the beginning of the song I knew that it was going to hook me up until the end. Birdy’s voice literally flourish from the first note she sang. She managed to control her voice like a real singer. Before, I was kinda worried she won’t able to hold up a note but this song just proved that she can basically belt and her range is really wide.

• Birdy - Wild Horses (2016 Song)
      Dynamically speaking, I think this is the song that perfectly captures Birdy’s vocal capability. Her seamless transition from full voice to falsetto in the bridge of the song until the last chorus is very evident. And there’s certain degree of strength in her full voice now that was apparently weak in her previous efforts.

Production wise, I think this is as close as Birdy could get to a runaway hit. It’s very fresh and it could very well strive in today’s production climate. I love that it is borderline pop and alternative. Her usual piano motif is present, added with big drums

and soft guitar strums. I love the production.

Lyric wise is where it really shines. She managed to perfectly tell the listeners how she really wants to move on from her past relationship and become a “strong woman”. I never knew she could literally write as good as this, but that’s probably because I kept underestimating her.

“Wild Horses” shows us that Birdy is not only capable of churning classic songs but also creating her own. Just as fine as her first effort and much stronger than her second. Now let’s hope this girl would make it far, because what a waste if she wouldn’t!

Santos says :

I personally don’t listening Birdy as Much,but I have to say that she has a beautiful and unique voice,and I listening this album and I found it very cohesive.

Laudemhir Jan Parel replies :

I totally agree with what you said. You should listen to her often, her body of work is great. Her first album is stunning.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1427051654420931/k2311a0527/5.27.16