Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)  » Movies  »
  • Civil War in the theatre recently I'm proud to report that I found it very entertaining
  • I know a lot of it had to do with how the movie was made but I also think that a lot of it had to do with the storyline
  • I think that the civil war between the Avengers also show how they have all changed and grown since the previous movies
  • I thought that the Russo Brothers as well as the screenwriters were able to portray his character as being a little more rounded than just a patriotic symbol or a soldier who can only follow orders in the previous movie Captain America
  • I thought that another one of the best fight scenes had to be when Captain America and The Winter Soldier take on Ironman after Tony learned that his parents didn't just die in a car accident, but the Winter Soldier brutally assassinated them

by Redtape

I began looking forward to seeing the next movie in the Captain America franchise shortly after Captain America: The Winter Soldier was released in 2014. After watching the movie Captain America: Civil War in the theatre recently I’m proud to report that I found it very entertaining.
  • Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)
  • Captain America: Civil War is the third installment in Marvel’s Captain America superhero movie franchise. The movie is set some time after the events in Marvel’s “Ant Man”, and so the Avengers team now has new members such as the “Scarlet Witch” also known as Wanda Maximoff, “Falcon” also known as Sam Wilson and “Ant Man” also known as Scott Lang.

When the movie begins a group of Avengers Scarlet Witch, Captain America, Falcon and Black Widow are on a mission to stop Brock Rumlow or Crossbones as he is know known, steal a biological weapon from a secure lab in Lagos, Nigeria.

They finally capture Crossbones and his group of armed mercenaries, and for a moment it seems that the mission has been completed successfully. Crossbones detonates a bomb he had on him that threatens to kill Captain America and a number of innocent bystanders. In a desperate attempt at saving everyone, Wanda uses her power to throw the explosion engulfed villain far away from the crowd, but he ends up landing in a building killing numerous people anyway.

• Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)
  • As a result of the freak accident, the United Nations decides to put in place the Sokovia Accords, which is a signed document that will enable the Avengers to be monitored and controlled by a United Nations Panel.

However, when it is presented to them by the US Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross, some of them including Captain America refuse to sign.

Later on signatories from all over the world gather at a conference in Vienna, Austria but the occasion ends prematurely when a bomb explodes during the event. One of the diplomats killed is King T’Challa of Wakanda. His son Prince T’Challa vows to take revenge by killing the person responsible.

Security footage shows the one responsible for the bomb is the Winter Soldier or James Buchanan Barnes. Captain America or Steve Rogers refuses to believe that his longtime friend is the one responsible, especially after getting a chance to talk to him. Thus he goes on a mission to protect his friend and find the real bomber.

Once again he finds himself on the run from the authorities but this time it’s even worse because the disagreement has split the team apart.

• Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)
  • Unlike after Avengers: Age of Ultron, I left the theatre feeling just as thrilled and satisfied as I had after watching Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I know a lot of it had to do with how the movie was made but I also think that a lot of it had to do with the storyline.

I also love the fact that it explores the symbolic “death” of Captain America, the extent of Steve’s loyalty to his friends as well as the relationship dynamic among the Avengers on a whole. I think that the “civil war” between the Avengers also show how they have all changed and grown since the previous movies.

• Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)
  • Steve Rogers is a man who people like to think of as the pinnacle of goodness and patriotism, which of course comes with him being Captain America.

I thought that the Russo Brothers as well as the screenwriters were able to portray his character as being a little more rounded than just a patriotic symbol or a soldier who can only follow orders in the previous movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

In Captain America: Civil War Steve refuses to sign the accords because of what it would mean and represent. Afterwards he proves that he is loyal to Bucky first, which of course causes him to become an international fugitive.

This is a little different from the Steve Rogers we saw in the first Avengers movie if we recall a scene on the hellicarrier where Tony was trying to convince him not to trust authorities completely and have a mind of his own. On the other hand, in Civil War we see Steve refusing to sign the accords and trying to convince Tony to do the same thing.

• Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)
  • The action was exceptional too. There were several scenes that had me on the edge of my seat and made the rest of the people in the theatre go wild. One of them was Black Panther’s first appearance on screen and then the equally matched fight that took place between him and Barnes.

It didn’t stop there, that fight quickly morphed into a riveting high speed chase on a busy road in a tunnel.

• Captain America: Civil War (Superhero Movie)
  • I thought that another one of the best fight scenes had to be when Captain America and The Winter Soldier take on Ironman after Tony learned that his parents didn’t just die in a car accident, but the Winter Soldier brutally assassinated them.

This scene was great not only because it occurs between three powerful men but the mood here is significantly different from the mood in the earlier battle among the two sides of the Avengers. The previous battle wasn’t even really a battle per se because it still had a fairly friendly undertone and it didn’t seem as if they were actually trying to kill each other.

However, in the battle at the end Tony is literally trying to kill the Winter Soldier and at one point I began to wonder if someone or all three of them will end up dying.

There’s not only that but the end of the fight results in the symbolic not literal death of Captain America. Tony tells him the shield isn’t his and Steve abandons the shield on the floor and walks away.

I definitely recommend Captain America: Civil War to all those Captain America fans, especially those like myself who really became fans after seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier. This movie is one of the most brilliant superhero movies I have seen to date, and I think that a lot of people will be entertained.

chris says :

re : Civil War in the theatre recently I’m proud to report that I found it very entertaining
I found out that, while the movie was very action packed, I found it to lack substance and story. The vast variety of characters and special effects gave a huge breadth of marvel’s superheroes, but sorely lacking in fulfillment. The Batman vs. Superman movie was much better, I thought

Andrew Leith says :

I agree with you in part, but one cannot always compare one hero movie to another each movie has it’s time in history and revealing its own unique story. I think Captain America was great and superbly well done and achieved great success. I think that Steve Rodgers who played Captain America did an excellent job.

NUR FARIHA BINTI AMIR says :

Its a great movie and very entertaining. However, i think that most superheroes story had been out of the line lately. What i meant was, wasnt superheroes created to maintain peace? But why is it all the movies nowaday is about the fight between superheroes? If even the superheroes fight between themselves, how can the peace be kept? Children around the globe had been making superheroes as their role model. But if this happen, wouldnt it became a bad influence to them? I know theres age restriction, but i just felt that most superheroes movie seems running out of idea. like when you dont have ideas to create some villians, you think that fights between the good is amusing? However, it is still a great movie to watch.

John says :

I thought this was a great movie. I loved the action and the variety of marvel characters they put in the movie, but the story did not flow well for me. The transition between events was a bit too choppy for me. There was not enough cause and effect from event to event and I think this made some of the stories key point lose meaning. All of the special effect were great, but the lack of a well written story can make a movie go from a 10 to about a 6.

Andrew Leither says :

I don’t think I have seen the movie, but I’ve heard about it. All my friends have seen it. It sounds really great and I love the flow of the story line and characters it’s like living in a fantasy worl.

Andrew Leither says :

I loved the movie and thought that Captain America: Civil War was great fun and strong characters, very entertaining and it was dynamic in the plot, twists and turns of events and got lots of action

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1119051654250131/k2311a0519/5.19.16