Stylebook App
  • While I was initially doubtful that an app could do what seemed impossible, boy am I glad I decided to buy it
  • I would recommend starting with the help section so that you can learn how to photograph items, remove backgrounds, and other helpful tips
  • I think it is vital to do a massive closet sort from the beginning, so that you will be able to catalogue your items and put them back more easily
  • I now use the Inspiration category to save outfits that I like online, then I compare them to what is in my closet so that I see what piece is still missing

by Jude

Today I’d like to tell you a little about an app that has helped me organize and transform my unruly closet. For years I have watched as my closet has turned into over-stuffed, disorganized, disaster area. Mornings were a nightmare as it would take me forever to find specific items, and I was always a missing shoe away from being late. Most of the time, I would open the door and jump back since the closet seemed to be a shoe box, or hanger away from a total collapse. You just never knew what might fall out. Oh yes, it was an awful place to have to get ready everyday and no, I didn’t think I had much of a choice. One day I happened to read about a fun new app that was specifically made to help organize your closet. While I was initially doubtful that an app could do what seemed impossible, boy am I glad I decided to buy it. The Stylebook App turned out to be awesome.

I purchased the Stylebook app for my iPad and I was immediately hooked. It is super simple to use and had tutorials you can access immediately if you need additional help. When you first open the app you will find a page that has several category headings on the left sidebar. These include: Closet, Looks, Inspiration, Calendar, Packing, Style Stats, Shop, Style Expert, Wifi Accept, and a Help and tutorial section at the bottom. I would recommend starting with the help section so that you can learn how to photograph items, remove backgrounds, and other helpful tips.

• Stylebook App
  • Here’s what I did and how I would recommend using the Stylebook App for closet control. First, I opened the app and went through it for a few days to become familiar with its features. Next, I planned a weekend where I could take everything out of my closet and sort it. I think it is vital to do a massive closet sort from the beginning, so that you will be able to catalogue your items and put them back more easily. You don’t have catalogue everything all at once, but it is a lot easier to manage once you go through the piles and get rid of things that are no longer useful. I was shocked at how many items I was hanging on to, and how letting them go helped to not only clean out the closet, but it allowed me to have more fun with the remaining clothes in Stylebook.

Let me explain, after you purge items that are worn, ill-fitting, or needlessly taking up value closet space; you are hopefully left with outfits, and items you truly love. That’s where the fun begins! You can finally see what you have and have a better idea of key pieces you may need. Your closet is now ready for the Stylebook App to do its magic. Every item is then photographed and saved into your Stylebook Closet under the appropriate heading. Once, all your items are categorized they can then be used a number of helpful ways.

• Stylebook App
  • The first thing you can do after the items are catalogued, is open up the Looks category from the main page and begin adding pieces together to create complete outfits. I had several outfits in mind that I had already liked, and wanted to remember so that I could wear them again. It was so easy to open a new Look and just add tops, bottoms, shoes and accessories to see the outfit take form. After creating looks from memory, I then tried to create outfits or Looks from items in my closet that I hadn’t tried together yet. Once you start swapping out several pieces, you start to see how many outfits can be made from the pieces you already own.

• Stylebook App
  • After you have created a number of Looks, you can then go into the Calendar feature and actually plan your outfits for the day, week, or month. Here’s how simple it is to never worry about what you going to wear in the. morning. Go in to Calendar, tap on the day and add either an entire look saved in the Looks category, or add Clothing by the piece; if you haven’t had time to create a look with the pieces yet. It’s that simple to plan your work week ahead of time. It also helps you to keep track of when you wore something so you can rework the pieces if you are worried about wearing the same outfit again too soon.

• Stylebook App
  • Once you have sorted and catalogued your Closet, created Looks, and even planned them on the Calendar, you should now be aware of how your personal style impacts how you shop and you may see that you are missing key items. I now use the Inspiration category to save outfits that I like online, then I compare them to what is in my closet so that I see what piece is still missing. This helps a great deal when I eventually go shopping and know exactly what to look for.

• Stylebook App
  • Speaking of shopping, the Stylebook app has a Shopping section right on the sidebar that you can use to browse hundreds of stores in women’s, men’s, kids, and home categories; or to shop by store name or specific brand. You can even shop by outfit, so if you see something you like, you just tap the outfit and you are taken directly to the online store. Also, when you want to add items to your closet after either online or in person purchase, you can add them easily by saving a picture of the item from the store’s own website. That way, you don’t even have to photograph them to have the image in your Stylebook Closet.

In conclusion, using the Stylebook App is a great way to inventory and take control of your closet. It is easy to use, has many features, and is a fun way to shape and utilize your wardrobe. Once you get the hang of it you may even find yourself making visual shopping lists or even using it to plan vacation and holiday packing. I like that you can easily add items as you build your wardrobe or see in a glance if you need key pieces before you shop. Since purchasing this app, I have become much more organized and I am finding it easy to maintain an orderly closet now. If you’d like to try it for yourself, it is available for 3.99 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3016051654220531/k2311a0516/5.16.16