Trader Joe’s Organic Black Bean Rotini Pasta
  • So yeah, I've been really into looking for substitutions for my favorite foods, sometimes it's really hard because there's so much junk out there and the market is very clever into making you believe something it's healthy when in reality it's even worst than the typical food, they only care about the money, to sell their stuff in any way possible
  • I think that's one thing we can all agree is like food from heaven, I don't know one person who doesn't like pasta
  • It really caught my eye because this black pasta looked really cool on my opinion, and other bean pastas I've are really expensive, also I'm Hispanic so I love black beans
  • I was extremely disappointed but I decided to try to make it again, with less time now
  • But it is very versatile and I really liked it, it's perfect to make like a pasta salad, in my opinion

• by Andy Diaz

Recently I’ve been getting really interested in health and consuming wholesome ingredients that really do something positive for my body, instead of the common ones that really don’t do anything too productive for me and my health. It’s been getting really popular lately to be fit, exercise and eat properly, especially in a world where there’s so many deceases and pollution that affects our overall health and are linked to the food we consume.

So yeah, I’ve been really into looking for substitutions for my favorite foods, sometimes it’s really hard because there’s so much junk out there and the market is very clever into making you believe something it’s healthy when in reality it’s even worst than the typical food, they only care about the money, to sell their stuff in any

way possible. So yeah, in order for me to really understand what I’m consuming I’ve been paying a lot of attention at the ingredient list and nutritional table, and it can be a bit confusing at first but after a while a got the handle of it, and basically, most of the time the shortest the ingredient list the better.

One of my favorite things to eat is pasta. I think that’s one thing we can all agree is like food from heaven, I don’t know one person who doesn’t like pasta. So yeah, there are all kinds of substitutions now a day, there’s brown rice pasta, quinoa pasta, and even zoodles, made from zucchini. I’ve tries them all and I really enjoy them, but ruminating though the isle of Trader Joe’s I

came across this black bean rotini pasta for only 3 dollars! It really caught my eye because this black pasta looked really cool on my opinion, and other bean pastas I’ve are really expensive, also I’m Hispanic so I love black beans.

So yeah, this is a pasta made entirely of black bean flour, that’s the only ingredient so I was really pumped.

The first time that I made them I followed the instructions in the back of the package. It’s cooked exactly the same as regular pasta, but it’s says to leave in the water from 8 to 10 minutes for it to be ready. To be honest, I hated the way they came out that first time. It was super mushy and soft, it broke all over the place and it ...

• Trader Joe's Organic Black Bean Rotini Pasta
      was kind of a big mass of blackness at the end. I hate to waste my food, but no one at home could eat it. I was extremely disappointed but I decided to try to make it again, with less time now.

The second time that I cooked them I left them a total of 6 minutes and to me it really worked this time. It was the perfect al dente texture that a good pasta should have, so this time I was happy. It has a different bite to it, it’s definitely more chewy than regular pasta and it taste exactly like black beans, if you are expecting a traditional pasta taste this is not the option for you.

I honestly enjoyed it, but I still look at it as a side

dish to accompany other stuff like chicken and maybe a salad, because it’s very heavy. I mean, I wouldn’t eat a whole bowl of black beans, too heavy for me, so it’s the same with this pasta. But it is very versatile and I really liked it, it’s perfect to make like a pasta salad, in my opinion.

Basically if you compare a bowl of black bean rotini and a bowl of regular pasta, they both have the same number of calories, but the difference is in the amount of protein and fiber it has, it’s a lot more than regular pasta and nutrient wise it’s also much more valued for you. But if you do choose to eat it alone, it’s great because you’re getting both you’re carbs and protein in one, so it’s awesome.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713051654211131/k2311a0513/5.13.16