Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA  » Electronics  »
  • Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA however has a dial that I think is a bit easier to understand
  • I guess that in time I will know whether or it it will really last as long, but right now I will definitely recommend it to people who are looking for an affordable good quality iron

by Redtape

Our latest iron is a Black and Decker Steam Iron of model number IRBD02LA. It was bought because the last iron from this brand that we had lasted us years without us having so much of a hitch using it, and it was also not as expensive as some brands.

Right now we’ve had it for some time and I can honestly say that it is one of the better irons we’ve had in a while.

• Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA
  • The Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA comes in a box with the name Black and Decker in bold grey font. The box has a white background with a picture of the iron printed on it.

On the box it also lists some of the features such as “Variable Steam”, “TrueGlide Nonstick Soleplate” and “Vertical Steam Surge”.

The iron itself is mostly white in colour with dark grey spray buttons and a partially grey handle.

• Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA
  • The last couple of irons that we had had a heating problem in the sense that they would either take ten million years to get hot, or they would get hot too quickly. Then afterwards, when the iron face did heat up, it would always be either too cool to iron some materials properly or too hot for others. I would always find myself testing one of the irons before I took my chances with clothing of some material since I didn’t want any accidents to happen.

On the other hand, I haven’t had any such problems with the Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA so far. It heats fairly quickly and I don’t find myself tip-toeing around ironing certain materials.

• Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA
  • It has a very straightforward dial too, which I’m extremely thankful for. One of the previous irons of a different brand had a dial which could adjust the heat, but I couldn’t for the life of me find out exactly which way to turn it. There were only symbols no numbers, and I couldn’t even find much of a manual to tell how I should turn it for it to be hotter or cooler.

Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA however has a dial that I think is a bit easier to understand. For one, while it might not necessarily have a label that spells out “steam” or “dry” at the same time the characters it is labelled with is fairly straight forward, which makes it easy to figure out. It also has numbers that indicate levels of heat, with six being the hottest.

• Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA
  • On the box, it also boasts that the iron has something called “Smart Steam Technology”. According to the Black and Decker, this option is supposed to produce strong steam once it is turned up to some of its higher settings. On another section of the box, it goes on to elaborate that this “Smart Steam Technology” is good for removing wrinkles in clothes.

Of course I made it my duty to try this Smart Steam Technology feature. While I do think that it made somewhat of a difference in removing much of the wrinkles, I still didn’t think that it was as impressive as the description on the box made it sound.

• Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA
  • As I mentioned before, the box also mentioned the feature “TrueGlide Nonstick Soleplate”. According to the description provided, it is supposed to be resistant to scratches and also is supposed to minimize sticking whenever ironing clothes.

I remember there was one point we had an iron that boasted a non-stick soleplate as well, but in the end I still ended up having problems with it sticking to clothes and certain materials. However, I have not had that problem so far with this particular iron. It glides smoothly over every material I’ve smoothed out so far.

At this point I’m quite satisfied with the quality of the Black and Decker Steam Iron Model IRBD02LA, especially for something that was so affordable. I guess that in time I will know whether or it it will really last as long, but right now I will definitely recommend it to people who are looking for an affordable good quality iron.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2016. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1616031653580631/k2311a0316/3.16.16